• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClientV8

Status
Not open for further replies.
this should be the default client supported by otland/TFS, even if it's closed source
it fixes pretty much all issues the regular otclient has, ontop of adding tons of new requested features, and essential features like encryption, autoupdater, news and more
you can also do the majority of popular changes such as transparent sprites, more screen size, and lots of more things directly in LUA instead of having to do it in sources like old otclient due to all improvements kondrah has done

TFS won't support any other client until vanilla OTC is fixed with open source or when another client is released(OTC or w/e).
The main reason is because we are an open source community.
Without it TFS 1.x would most likely not exist.

If @kondra decides to make "v8" open source we can discuss it.

Adding a hotkey for IRC, to make money from users is not helping, mainly since @kondra is not even recommending it and it's a way to gain money from the project.

the ircbot comment was a very serious post by kondrah I am sure

I agree with that of course, the client should be open source, but as of right now, this is by far the best client, and is the best client for servers to use as of right now without doing heavy modifications and work on the old otclient, so encouraging people to use this instead of the old otclient is the way to go imo.

Last edited:

I agree with that of course, the client should be open source, but as of right now, this is by far the best client, and is the best client for servers to use as of right now without doing heavy modifications and work on the old otclient, so encouraging people to use this instead of the old otclient is the way to go imo.

But at the same time you are telling ppl to only focus on the module folder?
Sure you can do alot with it in OTC, but at the same time if he made it open source it hopefully would attract more devs to help it grow.
I'm sorry but a closed project won't help an open source community, no matter if it's better or not.

He didn't write OTC, yet he wants 5000 USD to release the source code, how much did ex @edubart ask for a copy?

I can compare it to TFS, he might have fixed some things and he can send them to you for 4600 USD.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that the response was diverting attention from the issue with a joke rather than reassurance with concrete facts that the user's antivirus was picking up a false positive. From what I've gathered from far more experienced users than I, is that Backdoor.Win32.IRCBot probably doesn't have non-malicious implications.

TFS 1.2 is by far the best version of TFS, yet a large number of users insist on continuing to use 0.3.6 - and they're able to, because it's open source. Even if the developers abandon the project (look what happened) users can still maintain it, even a decade later. In the case of this client, if Kondra were to disappear, lots of users are going to be left high and dry with no options. I find it hard to consider this client "the way to go" in light of this.

Red

He didn't write OTC, yet he wants 5000 USD to release the source code, how much did ex @edubart ask for a copy?

If he got paid or become supported by community maybe he would be developing it till today.
There are few people with access to full source code, I am not your last hope.

I can compare it to TFS, he might have fixed some things and he can send them to you for 4600 USD.
Don't be crazy. It's only 76% of that, sells even better than otclientv8

If he got paid or become supported by community maybe he would be developing it till today.

The problem here is that this is an open-source community based on helping each other out, for free. Some developers have contributed with a lot of things that in retrospect have generated a lot of money for OTS owners using said thing. The developers haven't gotten money for it, in most cases. The moral is that we are helping each other out, with the goal to let players continue enjoy the game we all love, and with the goal to let server owners customize their servers for their specific playerbase.
You're a smart guy and you understand this already. I see where you are coming from, the hours you've spent -- releasing your work for free? No, you want to get paid. I understand, most developers agree with that as well.
Unfortunately this is not the place to market your sale on. The whole idea you have with making "OTClientv8" closed-source, is to advertise your sale of the sources. This is indeed a very controversial subject since OTLand is not a marketplace.
Where are we standing now? Well, we will need to have a follow-up on this subject in the future, as you might already be aware of.

The problem here is that this is an open-source community based on helping each other out, for free. Some developers have contributed with a lot of things that in retrospect have generated a lot of money for OTS owners using said thing. The developers haven't gotten money for it, in most cases. The moral is that we are helping each other out, with the goal to let players continue enjoy the game we all love, and with the goal to let server owners customize their servers for their specific playerbase.
You're a smart guy and you understand this already. I see where you are coming from, the hours you've spent -- releasing your work for free? No, you want to get paid. I understand, most developers agree with that as well.
Unfortunately this is not the place to market your sale on. The whole idea you have with making "OTClientv8" closed-source, is to advertise your sale of the sources. This is indeed a very controversial subject since OTLand is not a marketplace.
Where are we standing now? Well, we will need to have a follow-up on this subject in the future, as you might already be aware of.
Nothing more to say

This kind of cumminity is dead, and even moderators are good example.
Let's take a look on @Red, global moderator on otland and his server - Cyntra. He has an amazing otclient, when it comes to gui it's much better than otclientv8.
1581080301784.png

He has all the things a good otclient need, shop, action bar, ingame wiki. Adding such things would make otclient much more popular. I would highly appricate that. But he didn't share those things with community, so otclient is very outdated.

Hey, @Red - did you make any contribution to otclient or donate some of your earnings to Edubard? Such server as yours, claming 300 players online with such big shop, should easily make $1000/month, maybe more.

The community from 10 years ago doesn't exist anymore. I released huge part of otclientv8 as open source, every lua script, ingame shop, action bars, new hotkeys, tons of bug fixes, everything is available for free. I'm just easiest to blame for destroying open source community, because I officially sell my products, I don't own any server. Other server owners just won't sell you their stuff and won't help you, they don't want competition.

Could be, but then alot of the features might not be there, the community has uploaded PRs because it's an open source project.

Is your website wrong in that case?
3000 + 500 + 500 + 300 + 300 = 4600 USD
If you only want the optimization it's 3000 USD.

Well, i know that only the moderators can tell the rules and norms of otland, but, in my opinion, we have the following scenario:

I was looking for a good client for months, i bought services of more then one otland's member and even so I couldn't get the client I wanted. Kondra brought an excelent client, with encryption, updater and much more, that can be use for many versions for free and it will help many peoples like me. For me it's help the community a lot. If he want to sell others service, what is the problem? if you dont want to buy, just use the free version and do your changes, it's very good.
If my server get many players, i know that part of that is becuz Kondra helped me with this client and i certainly will buy some things like cast system.

About the value, i know that is expensive, but is his price, and if he places a low value, there is no guarantee that someone will buy for a low value and share it with everyone, in which case all the effort he has had with the customer will return almost nothing.

Hey, @Red - did you make any contribution to otclient or donate some of your earnings to Edubard? Such server as yours, claming 300 players online with such big shop, should easily make $1000/month, maybe more.

A server with 300 actual players and with such predatory item shop makes makes more than you charge for your client a month, open source community btw :)

At this point I'd rather mods take a clear stance on this matter so we can all move on in one direction or another but having this constant discussion here about making profit out of something is already tiring and as of today breaking OTLand rules.

@kondra is this client compatible with Znote AAC login.php?

when I try to login it gives me this:
2020-02-11 11_07_01-OTClientV8.png

and how do I set the client version when using login.php or it doesn't need the version? (how will it know where to load the data? xD)

@Evil Puncker in line 39 it should be null not nil...
thanks, but once I fix it it just throws another error, and another error and so on :p

2020-02-11 12_46_15-localhost_api_login.php.png
my $otc_version and APP_VERSION is both set to 1... and when I comment the check to see the next error:
2020-02-11 12_48_08-localhost_api_login.php.png

It looks like input of json_decode function is not valid (so it returns false instead of valid object).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back