• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand dead....?

The problem is a mix of nearly everything here. Tibia itself is dying, therefor the number of people who play the real version and OTs is reduced. OTs have been out long enough that the veterans in the community rarely come around, if they even come back at all. This leads to the forums becoming empty and filled with people who don't know what their doing.

The problem is how the new members are treated. It used to be that curiosity drove people to learn how to make and run OTs, at least that's why I kept around. With tutorials on how to do everything, new members trying to run their own servers right out of the gate, you are skipping an important step: learning through playing. Back around 7.1-7.6 you didn't just join the community and setup a server, you played OTs. Nowadays this step is skipped, leading to the next problem.

Those people who skipped the step of playing then realize that in order to survive they're server needs something extra, and they try and do it themselves such as adding a script. When that goes wrong they come here, with 1-15 posts asking for help like they run the show, and the person helping them kindly tells them to GTFO. That's when you essentially lose a prospected member, because instead of coming back for help the next time, and maybe sticking around to browse the forums and join the community, they just let their server run until it gets no more players, hoping people are stupid to donate to their RealOTs server. And people are stupid.

Tl;Dr

Game is old.
Veterans leave.
Knowledge is too accessible.
Lurkers are shunned after posting for help.
RealOTs ruined everything.
Donations killed good OTs.
People are stupid.

There's my rant,
Leftwing

And I would like to "like" it again and again

not a bullshit. but not only the otland is dying, all Open tibia community is getting lower.

That's because the real-tibia community is dying too.

Also, those Real map Server in for money are not helping... -.-

I liked it when tibia was suppose to be based on Medieval Times, but it is getting more like modern times every update

Why is dying?

Its really simple. OTServers isn't more for FUN, now it is an bussiness.

All otservers go online to enrich their owners. And dont have ONE, just ONE, ots to say "yeah its a really fun and good to play it". Now is just to war and 999x. All players and owners forgot the RPG and the magician of tibia. IT WILL DIE AND NEED TO DIE, TO BEGAN AGAIN ONLY WITH THE BEST.

And I would like to see how Open Tibia will survive, when Cip removes the c++ client

And I would like to see how Open Tibia will survive, when Cip removes the c++ client

I do not think that this will be soon, as its continuation depends on the general acceptance among the players

Tibia is 14 years old. Give it a break, if it survived this long, it will survive longer.
Yes, the game is getting old, but people always go back to Tibia.

I think that if Cipsoft opened a higher rates server, it would do a lot better, get more people to come.
Say like, 5-10xp

Tibia is 14 years old. Give it a break, if it survived this long, it will survive longer.
Yes, the game is getting old, but people always go back to Tibia.

I think that if Cipsoft opened a higher rates server, it would do a lot better, get more people to come.
Say like, 5-10xp

Higher the exp is not a solution. maybe to you but higher exp eventually kills a server.
if Cipsoft want to wake up their game again they better get rid of the botters first, then remake the game to those who loved it, rather than listen to cries that dies and rage about it.

Higher the exp is not a solution. maybe to you but higher exp eventually kills a server.
if Cipsoft want to wake up their game again they better get rid of the botters first, then remake the game to those who loved it, rather than listen to cries that dies and rage about it.

+1 i use to not care about botters but now its horrible. They make everything cheapier ruining the economy of the servers. Levels dont matter anymore either because a botter with good scripts and a premium can easily achieve level 150 within a month if they needed. Level 200 use to be impossible to get now if your not at least level 200 you suck.

The problem is a mix of nearly everything here. Tibia itself is dying, therefor the number of people who play the real version and OTs is reduced. OTs have been out long enough that the veterans in the community rarely come around, if they even come back at all. This leads to the forums becoming empty and filled with people who don't know what their doing.

The problem is how the new members are treated. It used to be that curiosity drove people to learn how to make and run OTs, at least that's why I kept around. With tutorials on how to do everything, new members trying to run their own servers right out of the gate, you are skipping an important step: learning through playing. Back around 7.1-7.6 you didn't just join the community and setup a server, you played OTs. Nowadays this step is skipped, leading to the next problem.

Those people who skipped the step of playing then realize that in order to survive they're server needs something extra, and they try and do it themselves such as adding a script. When that goes wrong they come here, with 1-15 posts asking for help like they run the show, and the person helping them kindly tells them to GTFO. That's when you essentially lose a prospected member, because instead of coming back for help the next time, and maybe sticking around to browse the forums and join the community, they just let their server run until it gets no more players, hoping people are stupid to donate to their RealOTs server. And people are stupid.

Tl;Dr

Game is old.
Veterans leave.
Knowledge is too accessible.
Lurkers are shunned after posting for help.
RealOTs ruined everything.
Donations killed good OTs.
People are stupid.

There's my rant,
Leftwing

True.

Otland not fall for sure, otservers are no longer as popular as ever, created better mmo games like Minecraft, League of Legends. Cipsoft has lost players because of banning players for the bots, which the majority went to another page, the example of open tibia server, or other games.
In the world of 3D MMORPGs s reign as WoW, where players play more than in the Tibia :huh:

i'll make a great server next month after my vacation i promizzzz ;D i've wanted to do it for long but had no motivation. By doing so I will also return to this community

and which noob removed my post earlier???? -.-

i'll make a great server next month after my vacation i promizzzz ;D i've wanted to do it for long but had no motivation. By doing so I will also return to this community

and which noob removed my post earlier???? -.-

o yea, king of open tibia back, open tibia will be alive too! omg lolandus =* thank you for saving our world!

Nice to see that this many members & mods actually did discussed this.. :)

But nowadays it feels like many has came to this community & its not dead anymore, atleast on how i see it!

I don't understand why otland/fans ain't making oldskool servers anymore.. People nowadays just want to play 8.20+
Why not 7.4 or 7.6 or 8.0? I think those servers were really great. Servers I enjoyed were:

Rizzoria
The lost kingdom
T-bag
Tiava
Classic tibia

If I think of tibia.. I think of those servers.
It was not because I was high level.. No because it was unique.

Back
Top Bottom