• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster OTS Hosting Service 2023 w/DDoS Protection

If you don't have paypal, you cannot pay, so there is no point in ordering. The prices are as I say, it's lower, because it's in PLN instead of EUR now. Just log in, add points, create service.
  • The price formula is: 40 PLN (10 EUR) / 1 GB RAM / month

Then you post is inaccurate. You state 40 PLN and 10 Euro
    40 PLN is 9.59 Euro not 10 (just saying)

And as for your product page, would be a wise business move to create one so that people who do not have paypal can at least shop your product without having to first get a paypal just to see what is offered. A product page is a business necessity... again, just saying

This thread is a product page. It's not a business I live on so I'm sorry it's not perfectly presented. I'd rather focus on the quality of technical details than marketing details.
I said the prices are lower because as you pointed out, 40 PLN is less than 10 EUR. Previously, you had to pay 10 EUR now you pay 40 PLN instead.
If you need PayPal to purchase the service anyway, you will have an account eventually. What's the point in creating another account and having one more username and password to remember? I think most people are happy with Login by PayPal.

IF ill buy a Server with 2-3gb memory (Includes AAC) it's saying small evo maps how big are they ofc in MB?^^

Or how much MB of map i can handle if i have around 100-150 Players..

It seems that our new offer is popular, almost all servers located in europe are sold. We still accept new orders!

I can confirm that this service is trustworthy!
I'm helping an OT that uses this service and I've seen how it works, it's nice, easy and very secure :)

Can some people who have experience of the service list some factors that need to be considered when you are about to decide the size of your hosting package.

Just to help new people get familiar what kind of service would they need.

Something like xxxMBmap + xxxPlayers + (what ever factors are involved) = xxxRAM = $50/month

Or something like that! Would be very helpful for a lot of people!

General guidelines are:
real map (100+ MB map): 5-8 GB RAM depending on number of players and MySQL optimization used
medium maps (30-100 MB): 3-5 GB RAM depending on number of players
small maps (<30 MB): 2-3 GB of RAM depending on number of players

Remember that the amount of RAM helps to increase MySQL speed and reduce lags if you have heavy MySQL operations in frequent globalactions or creaturescripts.
If you have improperly configured scripts or looped functions, the additional memory may not help you.
If your TFS always uses more than 50% of a core, there is something wrong with your scripts.

Sure, we are open.
I got a little question,

if I order one with 2 Gb RAM, just to play around and get my stuffs working (setting up a game and make sure everything works), could I then increase the RAM, without have to change server/upload new files?
Also, if it's possible to upgrade ram just like that, how long time does it take before the ram is installed?

I got a little question,

if I order one with 2 Gb RAM, just to play around and get my stuffs working (setting up a game and make sure everything works), could I then increase the RAM, without have to change server/upload new files?
Also, if it's possible to upgrade ram just like that, how long time does it take before the ram is installed?
Yes. It's/should be automatic.

83ybB.png

That's cool, I didn't even have to reply. I will fix that date in wrong language though!

Okay now I'm confused and need a little help here.
I'm trying to figure out how it works to build sources before I actually start messing around..

So, I got the 2 main folders forgottenserver and www

1: Do I need to use the forgotten folder or can I create a new one?
In which file do I write new paths of where to load the game.
And also in which file, probably same, do I write new paths for datafolder..

2: Assuming I am going to use the forgottenserver folder and only want to replace my own sources with the sources located there,
Which commands should I use to compile the sources?

I'm just getting confused with all random files everywhere and I don't want to do anything that might hurt the server :)

Edit: I tested to replace the sources in the folder "src".
And started to compile, now I get the error:
PHP:
[  1%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/actions.cpp.o
In file included from /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver/src/map.h:36:0,
                from /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver/src/creature.h:27,
                from /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver/src/player.h:25,
                from /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver/src/actions.cpp:23:
/home/otsmanager/forgottenserver/src/tools.h:32:27: fatal error: libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory
#include <libxml/parser.h>
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/actions.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Last edited:
If you want to use newest TFS 1.0, use forgottenserver directory. You can compile new TFS with "updatetfs" command.
If you want to use different version, create a different directory. Then to tell auto-restarter where to look for it, edit /home/otsmanager/.config/upstart.tfs.conf and change lines starting with "chdir" to the directory where you put your server, for example "/home/otsmanager/otserver" and "exec" to the binary you compile. Then just type "start tfs" as in the documentation.

Edited post:
I'm a moron..

for everyone out there, if you play around A LOT without sources on windows, and then try to compile under linux, make sure you sent the right folder of sources to the linux.
My tip, test compile the sources on windows before on linux!

My classic misstake is that I haven't compiled sources for a week and totally forgot I was re-writing a lot in them, which made them incomplete.

Also, there's a chance you have a -Werror somewhere in makefile.
That make the compiler taking warnings as errors and will stop compiling.

These warnings could be anything, things that's not harmful for the server.
having somewhere for example
int_32 value = "";
and not use this value anywhere, it will be treated as a warning as it's not in use.

if you want to be able to compile without having to remove every thing it warns for, remove the -Werror from makefile.

Last edited:
Back