• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

paypal chargebacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortera Global

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there any way in which we can prove to paypal that we deliver the tibia coins to the players? I have had a lot of problems with chargebacks and every case I lose.

Any secret, or clever answer, so they close the case in our favor? (sellers)

Solution
Is there any way in which we can prove to paypal that we deliver the tibia coins to the players?
Personally, I've never lost a chargeback case made against me when I've done the following:

Make sure to store the following info in your db when someone makes a purchase.
  • PP email
  • account_id
  • how much money was spent
  • PP transaction id
  • points/coins delivered
With that it's easy to get info of the account they connected it to & you can display that they either have points on their acc or they spent it which should show in their transaction history.
If I'm not mistaken znote aac already stores that info, otherwise you have to edit your pp script & alter your db

I also make sure to have some properly written terms...
Is there any way in which we can prove to paypal that we deliver the tibia coins to the players? I have had a lot of problems with chargebacks and every case I lose.

Any secret, or clever answer, so they close the case in our favor? (sellers)

As it is a virtual good, players can go for buyer protection, but a call to paypal from you site should let you win the case since players buying a good where no buyer protection can be used.

Is there any way in which we can prove to paypal that we deliver the tibia coins to the players?
Personally, I've never lost a chargeback case made against me when I've done the following:

Make sure to store the following info in your db when someone makes a purchase.
  • PP email
  • account_id
  • how much money was spent
  • PP transaction id
  • points/coins delivered
With that it's easy to get info of the account they connected it to & you can display that they either have points on their acc or they spent it which should show in their transaction history.
If I'm not mistaken znote aac already stores that info, otherwise you have to edit your pp script & alter your db

I also make sure to have some properly written terms & conditions that players MUST accept to be able to make a purchase.

chargebacks = bann player account.
Doesn't really do much. They just have to switch accounts before getting banned. Even worse if the purchase was made on an alt account.
Also in many cases that ppl chargeback, they do it when they're done with the server. GG banning someone that's not even playing.

Solution
I don't know if your server has this, but maybe get a serial that can be !found X343r4r <<< the serial for the donation item. Just in case they move it around on different accounts after they chargeback. Thattl help stop the abuse. Then when they switch it off to different chars or hand it over to another player, you can just !found X343r4r and say "AHA, BANNED AND ITEM RETRIEVED".

Every donation item should have a different serial code.

Unfortunately if user really wants to make a chargeback he will always succeed. All he has to do is pay with his credit card and after transaction is processed call his bank and tell them that his card was stolen. It's really fucked up but thats how banks/paypal work.

There is a reason why cipsoft makes Tibia Coins bought with cc's/paypal untransferable for a few months. If you are looking for an alternative that doesn't allow chargebacks by design I would recommend cryptocurrencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back