• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Selling Pentesting YOUR OT-server, making it more secure to hacking attacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
40?!
Nevermind... Im looking at other options.

Go try find someone else doing it cheaper. If you'd hire a company to do this (which would do the exactly same thing as im) they would charge you with a couple of 100's.

You wouldn't even pay 25€ so why are you even complaining?

I would... So if you dont know, shut up... I just dont pay for scripts that i can get cheaper, obtained it for 10E from a reseller;)

I would... So if you dont know, shut up... I just dont pay for scripts that i can get cheaper, obtained it for 10E from a reseller;)

Scripts? Did you even read my thread?

Personally, I would charge a lot more to begin with. If I've developed a tool that's found exploits on 90% of AACs tested which could lead to hacked databases/dedicated servers, you're practically devaluing your server to less than 20 EUR. If you earn 20 EUR or more from your server I personally believe you owe it to your players to do this for their sake. It's horrifying to see server owners put nothing back into their servers for what they receive from them. Once I figured out his service was legitimate (it's always good to be informed) the first thing I did was sign up for the service.

So if you're earning money from your server and 20 EUR is too much for you to pay for your player's safety, you probably shouldn't be owning a server unless you can create your own AAC without exploits.
Red

Thanks Red for those words. Hope more people realize their server could go down any second.

Bump.

It's a great service. Just change the first post and your signature with the new price since you have increased to 20€ now. :p

I buy in futfure, I still developing my server right now, you can prevent the attacks and hackers for like how much %?

Sounds good! :) Well unless they are very well educated and good, they wont manage to hack your server. Most Tibia Ots gets hacked by simple exploits, which ive learnt to find. Id say your ot is ~95% secure (since most "Tibia hackers" are no hackers but exploit abusers) from being attacked after one of my scans and fixes. Though, if someone who really know what they are doing will attack you, he will succeed. But they would succeed against the FBI/PayPal etc aswell so its really nothing to do about it. :)

Last edited:
The that's true.. well I just want some protection against scriptkiddys ;P It's also secured agenst ddosing? after you did your work?

Nothing can be 100% protected from DDoS neither but yes, you get some suggestions for good DDoS protection for your server. :)

Well because it has gotten:
Host a downloadandrun rlmap server 1-2months get first week many players, then less...get donations 1month, then close/rename/reopen/reget donation money and so on...

True and sad. Will see in the close future if I shouldnt start taking down those "downloadandrun" servers, since they basically fraud people.

Glad to see your pentesting back in action!

Recommended, again.
Red

Red has taken a shine to this service, haha.

I'll be needing services later on, still working on my server.

Question: Does it matter what kind of distribution it is? (OTServ/Avesta/TFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back