• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Planning ahead - looking for some advice in creating OTS

mighty123

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am very fresh to OTLand community, although I always preffered to play on OTS rather than original Tibia servers and used to host some tibia servers back in the day with .exe file on my PC.

I miss old 7.4-7.6 tibia with low exp rate so I've started gathering up some info about hosting my own server. Before I am going to start/launch anything I would like to ask you guys for some advice.

Recently downloaded 7.4 OTX data pack with all the stuff and I am wondering if it's actually working.

I would like to have my server based in europe, do you have any recommendations for hosting companies? Also I am looking to lift around 400 people (I think it is reasonable number) if there's more people going to join I would upgrade my plan obviously.

Tutorials on how to put everything together I mean all databases, acc manager and which system to choose are quite old, is there any up to date tutorial that I could use for my server?

Also after I will gather everything up together and finally run it to check if everything is working. I have an idea about a main quest on this server and would need help with mapping, do you guys think that people could volunteer?

I am looking forward to any replies, thank you!

This tutorial covers setting up a vps @Don Daniello also provides a service for hosting your vps with limited support, however there are other options but this is probably the best choice for you right now, since you are just starting out ;)
SIMPLE ALL IN ONE: From nothing to a fully working dedicated server on Ubuntu

If you are using otx you can follow the instructions in that tutorial to setup the vps, you can then remove the source, website & data directory and install the otx source, its data directory and any AAC you intend on using, you will need to delete the build directory and recompile the sources as well and possibly replace the existing database.

Things you want to keep are the config.lua (minor modifications) but mainly as is, the directory structure, only delete the sub folders in the data & src directories, for the website you only want to delete the sub folders in the www/public_html/ directory and keep the database name forgottenserver as is for now.

If you need any assistance I can walk you through it step by step, for a small fee lol :) For now I think you have all the relevant information you need :)

Last edited:
Codex NG, thank you for your reply.

Over the weekend I am going to read it through and try my best with it. Also why would you recommend VPS instead of dedicated? Wouldn't be a problem with VPS to lift up round 400 ppl?

I'll keep the assistance thing in my mind :)

Codex NG, thank you for your reply.

Over the weekend I am going to read it through and try my best with it. Also why would you recommend VPS instead of dedicated? Wouldn't be a problem with VPS to lift up round 400 ppl?

I'll keep the assistance thing in my mind :)
Its cheaper, money is always an issue. But as I said there are other options. Also depending the project scale a dedicated might be overkill.

Back