• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[POLAND] Custom client -Ranger's Apprentice:THE BEST RPG SERVER YOU'VE EVER SEEN !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmidis

Reaction score
Hi my friends !

Ranger's Apprentice it’s a server,what is being made since last few months.
We’ve got our own client,new graphics and systems.The server is being estabilished in order to not be bored quickly and to give you a lot of fun.

Dellonshire was beautiful and energetic developed town,founded by northern socies.
Unfortunately,as a result of dispute of royal houses it has fallen victim to baron’s Arald attack,who needed a new capital for his rebellious principality.The nation was enforced to escape by the king of Dellonshire,governor Esmerphilus.
Among the crown,artisans,traders and peasant,just founded you,brave warrior ! You have to get out of the cityat any cost.Maybe,in the future you’ll combine forces with your brothers to counter Dellonshire from occupying hands ?

Locations in Ranger's Apprentice :

- Dellonshire - the city included in prologue
- Gorlan – settlement for newcomers in Main continent
- Macindaw – magnificently metropolis,estabilished by the alliance of people and elves
- Hallasholm – great camp of wild barbarians from northern lands
- Craikennis – elves town in main continent
- Mararoko – the capital of desert continent Aridia,governed by unnamed emirkir
- Al'Shabah – port city,built near Mararoko under Seley el'Then command
- Araluen – legend city

These are all of towns and lands , which will you see in our project.
Of course I cannot deny, that there’ll be more of them in the future.

Systems and changes :
- Witchcrafts will be to buy or to gain,activated only from spellbook after the click.
We depart form set phrases kept in players minds ^_^

Every spell has a chance to advance on higher level(there are five of them).After attaining each level,we can advance the spell at higher stage(f.e. fiery missile
->strong fiery missile->great fiery missile)
- “Arrow slot” is occupied by spellbook,ammunition will be taken from the container.
- There will some changes in skills.You’ll be able to train in mining,one-handed weapons fighting,two-handed weapons fighting,jeweller’s craft(it’s a part of discuss),Shielding,Distance Fighting and Smithing. Potions are signed,mana fluids are blue(fot.below)
- You’ll be able to create a lot of items from the prescriptions.
- Equipment’s going to degrade slowly.
- There’s always chance to get an item better,than his main version,from monsters.
- There’s a new system of monsters provocation :
1. Agresive,attacking without reflection.
2. Half-agrefive,attacking when we are too close
3. Half-passive,attacking when we’ll hit them first
4. Passive,totally neutral
- Weapons’ll get new attributes,like speed,precision or luck
- There’ll be two languages to switch in game(polish and english).English version of client and story is being prepared.
- Probably,characters fighting the cold steel will lose mana,in favour of endurance
- Currency system : Copper coins < silver coins < Gold coins < Cristal coins
- There are a lot of expected events,attacks,sieges,invasions,diseases,feasts and contests in courts !
- Sellers will have limited stocks of items in warehouses,but they’ll be supplemented regularly.The stocks quantity is depended of quantity of players online.The prices are variable,too.
- Loot from monsters will be receiving random number of endurance points.
…so we can get steel armor(main def.10) with 50% of endurance (5 points of def.) or with 80% endurance(8 pts.)
- Monsters invasions in empty areas at night :)

Vocations :

- Huntsman – basic distance vocation.He learns how to use spears and uses them to fight weak monsters.He can advance and become a Hunter or Shooter.
- Hunter – advanced Huntsman,who can use spears and little bows with light shields,defending his back and shoulders.After hard training he can advance to become an Archer.
- Archer – the best in his profession.He’s perfect in bow shooting.
- Shooter – advance at this position from Huntsman is very hard,but it gives you a lot of profits and benefits.He can use first crossbows but he can’t use shields.Can become a Crossbowman
- Crossbowman – one of the most cruel distance vocations.He can use a great shield and crossbow at the same time.Sometimes,he can use arbalest.
- Assassin – a secret vocation.:ninja:

- Wizard – basic magic vocation(newcomer in great magical world).He have to make a decision,cause he can be a Herbalist or Necromancer in the future.

- Herbalist – his specialization is knowledge about species of herbs,healing and helping.It’s a “good” way after finishing a Wizard profession,can advance and become a Druid.

- Druid – the greatest healing profession.Can increase partners abilities in fighting and defending.

- Necromancer – Experienced Wizard,the opposite of Herbalist.Uses his magic to hurt hit opponents.Can advance to Magican.

- Magican – the greatest profession in respect of inflicted injuries.He has respect for nobody.

- Warrior – can choose from among 3 development ways,of 3 weapons classes.

- Holy Warrior – taking holy orders Warrior becomes a Holy Warrior.His basic way are axes,helping him to pave his life way.

- Paladin – Holy Warrior,who gets a better power after doing special missions.Can use great clubs.

- Warrior Of Darkness – a secret vocation.

- Knight – like an usual knight can use one and two handed swords.Can use some types of spells connected with the type of used weapon.

- Savage – Warrior,who has pointed a hatchet as his target.At this stage,he’s weak.

- Barbarian – His cruel behavior and courage at the battlefield makes him a great “killing machine”.Can use the support of nature.

- Sword-bearer – He can do with sword what He only wants to.His mortal blows will be missed never.He’s got low magic support.

Some facts about SMS Shop :
The only option in SMS Shop will be Premium Account.It gives you a chance for a quickly and profitable prologue passage,for wearing new dresses and an access to new,interesting areas.
We don’t wanna make OTS just for financial benefits,but maintenance of server is not cheap and easy.Additional benefits(not big,but they are) are a form of gratitude for you.

People working or being working at the project :
• Oskar (founder, mapper, script-writer, writer, originator)
• Shikate (pixel-artist)
• Fragarak (pixel-artist)
• Vergil (mapper)
• Sinet (tester)
• Quetro (plot designer, writer)
• Waromir (mapper, plot designer, originator)
• MasterHuligans(mapper)
• Kosmidis (Translator)
• AOTG/Kuzyn (helper, originator, writer) – left

If I’ve forgotten about somebody,pardon :)
START :

Server start maybe will come this year,but nothing is certain ! We are starting tests this holiday.

Some statistics :

~*Client*~: our own client
~*Uptime*~: 24/7
~*Hosted in*~: Poland on a dedicated server
~*Website*~: There's no website yet,we've got only oficial forum of Server (Forum Ranger's Apprentice RPG)
~*Exp rate*~: x5(own,modified)
~*Map*~: Custom
~*Runes*~: Own runes and spells for vocations
~*Loot rate*~: x1(own,modified)
~*Server type*~: Rpg
~*Skills rate : x3-x7(custom)
~*Magic rate : x5-x9(custom)

Some screens(you'll be able to see more of them next time):

Last edited:
screens looks nice... but you posted only h-levels spots, what about low levels?

H-lvl spots looks more splendid and magnificent so we are showing it in first posts,but,don't be afraid,we are making spots for players in every kind of lvl,there won't be a problem like on AW :) Next screens and systems descriptions will be added soon.Ciao !

I love it, just be sure to set up a forum on English before making the official web site ^_^

I love it, just be sure to set up a forum on English before making the official web site ^_^

I'm going to make some translations of the prologue and other things.When it'll be ready there'll be opened an english part of forum and site I hope.

im already playing on 2 servers... AW and mestera.net so i think i will skip RA, anyway good luck

btw aint araulen a country? not a city, at least in book

im already playing on 2 servers... AW and mestera.net so i think i will skip RA, anyway good luck

You don't have to cause RA is not starting tomorrow ;) Maybe our announcements will encourage you and you'll abandon AW or merstera ? ;] I hope you will ;p

Looks great, but then again without being offensive against polish ppl on this forum, the english could be WAY better and I hope it will be when the server gets up, else I'd suggest getting someone who's english/american or at least has better english than you guys into the team.

As I said this aint me trying to be offensive in any way, but the server would be A LOT more attractive to non-polish players if the language that is being used would be as good as a native american or british.

Ahh,at the moment we are translating the prologue and many other things just to prepare them for forums like this.In the game we'll make two languages available I hope,and it would be polish and english.There'll be an english part of forum and site,too.We know that polish servers are not always prepared for non-polish players,and we want to respect them too.The recrutment lasts.Now,I'm responsible for translations,but if the team'll find someone better,it's OK.
Thanks for recognition !

Well, to be honest, the english u just used in the post above is pretty much what I look for. But the english which is used in the advertise/teaser for the server is much worse. I doubt its you who actually made it? or? :S

Frankly,i'm the only person responsible for english section of Project and I've made translation of the announcement,too :) Maybe,it was not my best work,but it's my "task",too.If it doesn't meet your criteria,I'm really sorry ;)

then rewrite it :D about abadoning, we will see... after all, the biggest problem you will face is community, its very, very hard to make it equal both for poland and other countries, my lil advise as i was CM by some times, make english-help, polish-help channels, also just make TWO forums, not the sections, just two forums becouse pl's will whine that "this is polish ot, we want only pl's here"
and other countries will whine "why eng section got so small room"
So with best wishes, try to keep my advices as im experienced in such situations.

then rewrite it :D about abadoning, we will see... after all, the biggest problem you will face is community, its very, very hard to make it equal both for poland and other countries, my lil advise as i was CM by some times, make english-help, polish-help channels, also just make TWO forums, not the sections, just two forums becouse pl's will whine that "this is polish ot, we want only pl's here"
and other countries will whine "why eng section got so small room"
So with best wishes, try to keep my advices as im experienced in such situations.

I'll pass your advices to the team,we'll see what'll the future bring.

Last edited:
Their mapping is different than KA's, language is just as bad though ^^ no offense hehe

But man, IDC about any of all those features, they're all nice, but the thing servers like this always fail to do is...

BALANCE VOCATIONS

Balance vocations, and people will enjoy server
Imbalance, and server will be 1-2 sided, and will ultimately suck

BUT OVERALL, KUDOS AND GOODLUCK

Their mapping is different than KA's, language is just as bad though ^^ no offense hehe

Heh,thank you so much ;d
You don't have to be afraid about imbalanced vocations,because we've got very experienced people responsible for testing it and balance is just perfect right now.
Map is made in 90% by our mappers,in 10% edited pieces of maps generally accessible and 2-3 spots from RL Tibia(but you won't recognize them,because we've changed them a lot).

Today we want to present next interesting suplement.People,who played Diablo II knows this one,but I’ll explain what I mean,telling you more about “Sets system”.
After completing all parts of the set, e.g. Immortal King Set (example from Diablo II ,you can find it in our Project,too) we will get additional attributes,such as:

Speed – increases speed of our character movement.
Command of Distance Weapons – increases skill responsible for injuries inflicted by bows and crossbows.
Shielding - increases skill responsible for shielding.
Command of One and Two-Handed Weapons - increases skill responsible for injuries and precision of both and one handed weapons.
Magic level - increases our magic level responsible for injuries inflicted by spells.
Maximum mana – increases maximum quantity of our mana.
Maximum hit points – increases maximum quantinity of our hit points .

E.g.,wearing helmet,armor and shield of Immortal King Set we’ll get:

17:08 Your statistics Has been changed:
Maximum hit points: +6%
Command of One-Handed Weapons: +12%
Shielding: +24%
Speed: +8%

Wearing helmet, shield, sword and boots:

Command of One-Handed Weapons: +16%
Shielding: +19%
Speed: +10%

Wearing only armor:

Command of One-Handed Weapons: +12%
Shielding: +8%
Speed: +8%

Wearing full set:

17:09 You’ve completed full Immortal King Set ! You’re getting special bonus ! :
Command of One-Handed Weapons: +56%
Shielding: +61%
Speed: +18%

As you can see after completing full set,we are getting special bonus in form of :

Command of One-Handed Weapons: +28%
Shielding: +34%

The sets will be available from the weakest monsters, but the chance will be slight. The type of set will be able to get from monsters depending on the experience level.So,being a player with level equal 20 we won’t find Immortal King Set in any kind of monster, but e.g. 120lvl can find it in rat or dragon. I hope it will make the game enjoyable.
There will be more than 10 sets, currently ready are 2, but there will be more of them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back