• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PotatoSkin's Newbie Mapping

PotatoSkin

CG Artist
Reaction score
PotatoSkin's Mapping

Greetings, people of Otland. I am a new mapper, and I have been ghosting around on Otland for about a week and reading tutorials on mapping. I finally feel comfortable enough to take the critisizm of the community here. Please don't be too harsh because I have only been mapping for like 2 weeks and it's not really that good. I'll try and post one picture of something I have made everyday, or maybe every other day.
'~Thanks to Neon for his Detailed Cave Tutorial~'
npgm7l.png

I know it sucks really bad but I hope to get better, please comment and rate it. Thanks​

Last edited:
Better than some so called "mappers" of this community..
But for your first time , not bad...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you post your mapping in the link below you most likely get more response
Otland.net - Quick Showoff Post Your Latest Mappings

Last edited:
I don't know. I just realized I used spider webs and rotworm holes :$ It could be for Spiderworms

A fail attempt at a crappy swamp using Illusion's Swamp Tutorial
15ro6zk.png

Last edited:
@your swamp It needs to be bigger as it is a swamp.. and use less of the thick grass tufts

Oh okay, Thanks Tibia Rox; I don't feel like fixing it because I am playing MW3 but I'll keep it in mind :ninja:

Dark199; I'll do that next time I make a swamp :)

Also in your cave, the little plant walls you added, dont mix, it looks as if you just placed random ones there. and the stone cave borders, I saw a few unfinished, and missing borders.

Oh okay, Thanks Tibia Rox; I don't feel like fixing it because I am playing MW3 but I'll keep it in mind :ninja:

Dark199; I'll do that next time I make a swamp :)

Off-Topic: Are you playing that on the PC, if yes, add refused15 on Steam.
On-Topic: I really like the cave, but I'm not really a fan of swamps, although it doesn't look bad.

@Refused's OT- Nope I am playing it on Xbox360, sorry.
Back on Topic- Thanks Refused, going to try something different tomorrow.

The swamp looks kinda OK but u should try use less big grasstuffs and also replace some of your grass with swamp :p
keep it up, keep reading tutorials and check others mapps, and u will grow! Waiting for more!

Regards
Radeon

ps. feel free to pm if u got any questions

Definitely got potential.

Some tips:
1. Press New View before you take a picture -> Better quality.
2. Don't put grass borders over grass.
3. Use less big grass tuffs, and more of the small ones.

You should try to make some random nature -> good basic.

Regards.

Back