• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Printer Back?

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

Well as some of you saw, i came back. But not fully active, just semi. Anyway, if you guys would like to see my fully active, then i need server idea's. Since the only i see on the otservlist are rl maps.

Cheers.

Hello,

Well as some of you saw, i came back. But not fully active, just semi. Anyway, if you guys would like to see my fully active, then i need server idea's. Since the only i see on the otservlist are rl maps.

Cheers.
What do you mean with server ideas? Playing or creating?

Creating ofc, since i never play other people servers :p

Why not finnish the projects you once started?
I think i will not be able to finish it. Due to couple things. Player base, client side and bit server side.

I think i will not be able to finish it. Due to couple things. Player base, client side and bit server side.
I would like to play a Pokemon server^^, Maybe i am wrong.. But you have been playing pokemon right?

Yes but there is already to many of them. I want to make something unique.

Well, i need a concept :)

I like the idea have alot of vocations be able to switch between and every voc will have unique passives and spells :)

Wb mate :) Its acctually simple. Without too much effort and following Magneticos tips for a new OTS: Start small and update. Either custom or evo map. Update weekly keep players tuned, give reqards for first killing bosses discover unique events/quests... :p
But most important: Make the OTS running within 3-4 weeks. Dont waste months of time in the development but rather start small and update. The more projects Ive seen the more I think I am able to grasp what Magnetico ment by this.

Kind regards,
Damon

What about team up with me?
Together we could rly produce some cool mechanics. (Because i am too noob to change source)
And with your reputation maybe even get more mappers to support us :D

And because my patch timeline is nicely set up, we wouldn't have the problem of "what to do now?"

Not sure have you ever checked my updates, but i sure do have lot unique and cool stuff already added to game not seen in any other server.
You might even find a challanging script to do.

And we can work on your idea having able to switch between vocations. If having able to switch between countless of builds is not enough.

Download that map ( write Bronson Server on google ) and remake all scripts/system, put online and surely i'll play, this is the best server i played ever ( see their website or youtube videos for more information about system e etc... )

For a brief explanation this server is based on LOTR ( Lord of the Rings ) and have three races:

- Humans
- Elfs
- Orcs

The races have their unique Vocations and Citys, like humans live in Edoras and have mage, warrior, blacksmith vocations...

bronson4.jpg

Last edited:
I got pretty much ideas for custom server. If you are intersted you can pm me.

I got yet to see a non-vocation ot, with skills/weapon based atk spells and ml based support spells. (this allows players to be more creative as on how to progress)

No healing spells, but over-time healing(only), and over-time mana pots.

Starting the server with a decent map, and a small arena with queues. winning so many matches in arena awards x amount of exp. that way u are not only limited to kill monsters to lvl up.

An exp yielding fishes, that requires a high lvl fishing skills, and has an interval time after catching each fish of that sort.

Depends on how this appeals to u, i can brainstorm more ideas.

I got yet to see a non-vocation ot, with skills/weapon based atk spells and ml based support spells. (this allows players to be more creative as on how to progress)
i still got vocations, vocation doesn't define the playStyle, items does. The more items there going to be, the more creative player can be.
and spells are even beyond your initial idea (what are in fact also included)

No healing spells, but over-time healing(only), and over-time mana pots.
already have good hp/mana sustain system.

The reason i quote you is, maybe you will play my server and brainstorm ideas what should/need to be added :D

Vocations:
Mage:
- Ice mage (giving ice stacks to monster by hiting with spell, each stack increase dmg dealt by 5%, max 50%, on last stack monster is stunned for 1 second) Low dmg damage, supportive, frezzing monsters, good in party, weak solo.
- Dark mage (dark type moderate damage spells, ability to cut cd time by 80% for 5 seconds, cd 1 minute). Damage and supportive.
- Fire & Poison mage (high damage over time spells), good pve 1 vs many as 1vs1
- Cleric (healing, ability to give 10% exp buff, ability to make party immune for dmg for few seconds)
Archer:
- Assassin (using daggers, fast attack, moderate damage, close combat, ability to make 1 clone to help (50% of user stats, looks same as user), some dodge ratio.
- Hunter (high damage, using bows, deadly 1vs1, ability to silence enemy).
- Sniper (piercing damage aoe, using crossbows, good in fighting large group of monsters, rising critical damage of team).
Warrior:
- Crusader (light type attacks, using both physical and magical attacks, high damage if well geared, low if decent. Ability to heal themselves, reduce monster's defence, good in solo/party, using maces and shields)
- Berserker (2-h axes huge damage, ability to rise critical hit ratio of party)
- Paladin (High hp, low dmg, ability to provoke enemies, ability to rise defence)

Others;
- max party 5 ppl ( to dont make too powerfull gathering all vocs together and give people ability to make strategy.
- critical
- critical damage
- random stats of items
- raids/dungeons
- boss mechanics (changing place, got more ideas here)
- crafting
- mounts
- many many more

Printer, glad to see you back. You are very talented and very creative. You have done very much for this community and I would like to be the first one on THIS thread to say Thank you for that.

@Topic

I still believe in the idea of multiple vocations as well. I have been working on my server featured around the concept of "true roleplaying". That being said, what I mean is that each vocation plays a critical role in the overall community. An example to start would be the economy of a server. We know about rune makers and stuff from real tibia, and how the knights are necessary to stock up on loot and bank, but going along with more vocations idea, how about the different types of runes have different rune makers, and no npc selling them or if the npc sells them, obviously make the price more than it should be to encourage rune makers yet still give the option to players to buy them without there actually being a rune maker. So say you have different mages, dark, holy and neutral, the holy ones make healing type runes, the dark ones make attack type runes and the neutral makes support type runes, then you have a vocation that is the only one that can do "blacksmithing" and another that does "crafting", ect ect. Obviously you want the vocations to have different attack/pvp styles and options as well, but also in the community the amount of each vocation actually matters. So if there is only one runemaker, what do you think players will do? Make themselves a rune maker to get in that market. Just some ideas out there, I don't see many real roleplaying servers out there any more, and that's what I am working on. I believe this to be a great idea as D&D and other major RPGS have shown us.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. But non of these ideas appealed to me :/

I may bring back the MOBA server. But i'm still uncertain.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. But non of these ideas appealed to me :/
Maybe this is off-topic.. But i would like to help you to fix the ORTS problem.. I doesn't only know how to create a crashlog.

Maybe this is off-topic.. But i would like to help you to fix the ORTS problem.. I doesn't only know how to create a crashlog.
Sorry, but i'm not continuing supporting ORTS and as i wrote on the first post. I'm tired of rl maps. Contact Ninja instead.

Back