• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem Modern AAC setting password

ares413

Reaction score
i set up a modern aac with my server today, the versions match, everythings working fine accept one thing, when it sets the password for your account on the website, and when you change it, it works for when you log into the website, but not for the server itself, like logging into your character list.
and when i look on the mysql database, the website is setting the password as a long random string of a mixture of numbers and characters, how can i fix this? what is the problem?realproblempic.jpg

config.lua of the server itself?

Ok i did it. Still the same problem :/.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, modern aac itself uses sha1, the passwords will always be like a67b78a876b8a7b87ayb78a6b8pandas<3921731823.
So either don't use Modern AAC or get used to use sha1.
but, change what I told you earlier so you can log to your server (remember that you need to make a new account)

What bogart is trying to say is that you need to go into config.lua in your server folder, and change where it says

encryptionType = "plain"

to

encryptionType = "sha1"

Once you do that, make a new account and with the password you want and try to log into the server. remember you need to restart your server in order for changes in config.lua to take place.

Ok im going to try that now. For some reason out of the blue...my config.lua file wont load. Im gonna have to re download the whole server -.-

Back