• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problem with remote/local connections

Bonzaii

Reaction score
Hi, Ive got problem with this (TFS 3.6pl1 coded for 8.62) server. Everything was working correctly until i tried to connect with friends. I had in config.lua:
Code:
ip = "localhost"
This setting works fine for me.
My firend gets only character list.

When I change config to my public IP adress...
My friend can play, I CANT (only char list)!

How can I get it working for both sides? I have dedicated server in my house, so I will have same problem in future (local network IP addres for me, public IP addres for others)

Ofcurse I have set:
Code:
bindOnlyConfiguredIpAddress = false
So everything should work...

Help Please!

Any Solution? Mayby some software which could change my connection from localhost, that server would see my (from localhost) same as other players (from Internet)... Something like 'loopback' when I try to connect to my external ip address?

You can try with Dyn DNS or something like that. Your computer will communicate witch dyndns.org servers, check the address and then come back to your machine. First of all don't type localhost when connecting to your server, use the numeric ip adress. You can try also configuring LAN ip adresses in your router and use 192.168.0.* instead. If this won't work you should find an it forum and post your topic there.

You can try with Dyn DNS or something like that. Your computer will communicate witch dyndns.org servers, check the address and then come back to your machine. First of all don't type localhost when connecting to your server, use the numeric ip adress. You can try also configuring LAN ip adresses in your router and use 192.168.0.* instead. If this won't work you should find an it forum and post your topic there.

Great! You rock man! I always tried to use localhost or 127.0.0.1, both not working... I have put my external ip address in config file and tried to connect with local network addres (in my case: 192.168.1.2) and it works!

Thank you very much!

Back