• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Progress of FuryOT

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
I know that I've been working on this project for so long but things have came up in the past, from my team leaving me to me taking breaks. But over the course of the summer time I will try as hard as I can to get the project finished. I've found a new dedicated team and hopefully will stick with the project til it's finished. I'll be updating this thread whenever I can to show the progress of how the server is doing. Suggestions, feedback, etc is all welcomed. So here is some of the progress of the server.

Progress:
Map:
Rookgaard: 100% Done
Mainland 80% Done (All that is needed is spawns)
FuryOT - Mini-map

Scripts:
Guild System: 20% Done (If you want more info on the system just ask)
NPCs/Quest: 10% Done
Weapons: 0%
Spells: 0%

Misc:
FuryOT - Vocation System
FuryOT - Guild System Teaser
FuryOT - Praying System
FuryOT - Alchemy System

You can find more information at the FuryOT - Forums.

Updates:
  • July 9, 2010
    • Fixed map bugs
    • Added addon npc
    • Added 10 new quests
    • Renamed all vocations

• July 10, 2010
    • Added King of Citadel quest
    • Added pirate spawn
    • Added Ghnai Jungle
    • Preparing Black Knight Quest
    • Added Scvar Town
    • Added Beholder Quest
    • Added Hydra Spawn
    • Added Undead Spawn
    • Added Turtle Island

• July 11, 2010
    • Added Dragon Spawn
    • Expanded Ghnai Jungle
    • Added Cyclops Mountain
    • Added Demon Spawn

Last edited:
What is FuryOT? Another rl map server?
No... It's a custom server, and i've posted some pictures of the map else where but i'll post some new ones here.

@Syn, I could use some good storylines for quests =D

Introduction Of The Guild System!
20rjtw0.jpg

3585imh.jpg

2pria38.jpg

23ljhnr.jpg

Progression:
Fighters Guild:
First 5 guild missions: 100%
Advanced Missions: 0%

Mages Guild:
Overall Status: 0%

Rangers Guild:
Overall Status: 0%

OMG menz should add thieves guild and dark brotherhood xD!

Anyways, please add uber customized items like heavy weapons remove speed (since they're heavier)...and stuff like that...just a nice map nvr gets anywhere anymore...need to have lotta stuff that keeps ppl interested. Make sure it's more than 10 missions in ea guild too...

Somehow it looks like 7.6 mixed with 8.5* :/ I donnu how :/ (From the screenshots) First one with the guild thing looks real 7.6 style o.o

In the first picture I was like wtf 7.6 ? Then I looked at the text and it was high lighted with a blue color and then I knew that it was 8.5..

Don't make it look like 7.6 much.. Because it really do.

Thanks for the comments, I'll change up the map a little and @ iBlue there is going to more than 10 missions in each guild, and the idea about making heavy items immobilize you is cool to.

Free bump for a good project

Down with noobs who lost the love for open-tibia (i.e. you real map nignogs)

Here is a storyline for a quest that is in development. The scripts are currently being made.

Quest:The Elderly Lizard (Lvl req. 25)

There has been rumors that the Lizard family were never this violent. Nobody knows the true reason behind why they've become so violent but there are rumors that the Elder Lizard knows why and knows how to end the Lizard's madness. If the rumors are true, the Elder Lizard was taken prisoner by his own kind. He is kept deep in the caves of the Unknown Island*. FIRST NPC* would be willing to travel into this a treacherous place. Help us, find the Elder Lizard and end this mayhem between the humans and Lizards before it's to late.

* = Still in development.
Progress:
First NPC: 100%
Second NPC: 40%
Island: 90%

Feedback?

Mini-map! The big empty continent(mapped by macedoon) probably won't be used until later on after the server is launched.
mini_7-1.gif

Ice region looks funny, maybe cause water not there yet, but IDK, looking good though menzo!

Also you could join the projects forum. There I'll be posting more information and elaborating on some of the stuff that the project has planned out.

FuryOT - Forum

I have one question, do you think there should be a beginner island? Or should you just start off in the mainlands?

As promised, there will be a change in the vocation system. Some people might like the idea of the new change while others might dislike it, well before you start judging take a look at how the system will work. The names of the vocations will be changed, no more of the same old vocation names. Instead of having 4 vocations, there will be 3, because we have decided to merge the druid and sorcerer vocation together to get one stronger vocation. Also instead of having only one promotion to choose from you will have 2, each one having their own benefits. The starting vocations to choose from will be The Wizard, or also known as the mages, the Fighter, or also known as the knight, and last but not least the Paladin, And instead of the level 20 requirement, it will be a level 50 requirement for a promotion! Interesting in learning more? Then continue reading, as I elaborate more on what each vocation has to offer!

The Wizard:
1388302.413064.jpg

The wizard or known as mages is one of the vocations you have to choose from after you leave the beginner island. This vocation will have a balance of weak attack and support spells. This also is the merge of the druid and sorcerer vocation, so instead of having wands and rods, there will only be staffs. Each having their different powers, you will also be able to use pure magic stones to upgrade the attack of your staff. After you have reached the required level to be promoted you will have 2 promotions to choose from, which will be either the Necromancer or the Cleric vocation. Read on to learn more of these 2 vocations!

The Necromancer:
1388302.478452.jpg

This is the stronger promotion, will consist of high, powerful attack spells but with this power comes a downside, there will be a low support system. Some of the old spells will be changed/customized with new features to fit the new vocation system. Then there will be new spells like the Mind Control spell, making it so you can control a monster of your choice. Tornado, damaging all of the creatures around you for a certain duration. Soul Stealer, removing all of your magic spells (for example magic shield). Leech, draining your mana and health and adds it on to your own. You can expect those spells and many more spells!

The Cleric:
1388302.358963.jpg

This is the weaker promotion that will consist of strong support spells, but with weak attack spells. To balance out the differences in each vocation you could expect some unique support spells. Some of the old spells will be either removed or replaced with new advanced spells. The summon spell will be replaced with a new advanced spell, called Legion. This spell will become stronger as you level. So at the level 50, you will be able to summon 2 Elf Scouts, at the level of 55 you would be able to summon 2 Orc Berserkers, at the level of 60 you would be able to summon 2 Orc Leaders, at the level of 70 you would be able to summon 1 behemoth, and finally at level 100, you will be able to summon 1 Demon. Then there is the spell called Barrier, which protects you and absorbs damage for a limited amount of time, also having a chance of deflecting the damage back to it's caster. Then you will have the Rise The Dead spell, which will permit you to change up to 5 dead bodies into undead creatures. You can expect those spells, plus many more!

Now we move on to the next vocation.

The Fighter:
1388302.411204.jpg

Another one of the vocations you get to choose from after you leave the beginner island. This vocation will consist of a balance of a low attack and defense. This will change how knights will be used aswell because instead of knights being one powerhouse vocation, they will be merged into 2 different vocations, both with their benefiting differences. After you have reached level 50, you can choose between 2 different promotions, the Barbarian or Ravager. With these 2 new vocation, will come with the split of the weapons. Warriors, being the stronger vocation will be able to use Axes and Clubs, since those two types of weapons being the strongest, while Ravagers stick with the one handed Swords and one handed clubs. Also there will be a blacksmith system, so you could bring special items to the blacksmith and he could upgrade your equipment! Now it's time to learn more about the 2 other vocations.

The Ravager:
1388302.888808.jpg

The ravager vocation is the stronger vocation of the 2 you get to choose from, but it comes with a weak defensive system. You will have a weak defensive system, but you will make up for that by having the ability to kill creatures faster. Your attack will be very high, with unique weapons, amulets , armors and more! But this also comes with a new feature. The heavier the equipment, the slower you become. This will also balance out the vocations making it so you cannot run around destroying anything in your path, giving creatures and other players chances to get away from your mayhem. But enough of this vocation, on to the next one!

The Barbarian:
1388302.350381.jpg

The barbarian vocation is the weaker vocation of the two, but it comes with a strong defensive system. They use light armor and light weapons to increase their speed and agility, making them move swiftly and attack faster. Also as stated before, you can take your equipment to the blacksmith to upgrade the defense and use special stones to upgrade your weapon attributes.

Now on to the final vocation.

The Paladin:
1388302.358359.jpg

The last vocation that you can choose from after leaving the beginner island. This vocation will consist of a balance of weak ranged attack with weak defense and weak spells. The paladin family will have the best attribute a hunter could have, which is speed. They can use their agility to out run creatures, and attack faster. The will be able to use spears and bows, while the other 2 promotions split the variety of crossbows and throw able items. Also you should expect some new spells, not too crazy but some spells to help balance out the differences in each vocation. The 2 promotions you have to choose from is the Ranger vocation and the Rogue vocation.

The Ranger:
1388302.348973.jpg

The ranger being the weaker of the 2 vocations to choose from. While they can attack from a distance, and run faster their damage rate will be low. They will mainly use upgraded spears, and bows. The different variety of arrows and spears can be acquired in game, by doing different quests, or gathering items and getting your weapon upgraded. The equipment will also be light, giving them the maximum ability to move around swiftly. So now we're on to the next promotion.

The Rogue:
1388302.448440.jpg

The rogue being the stronger of the 2 vocations to choose from. While they commit damage at a high rate, they are slower than most archers and cannot attack from a far distance. Being up close to the target raises the damage rate. They will mainly use cross bows. Their bolts and equipment will be heavier than normal decreasing their agility, and making it harder to move. But with the variety of cross bows and special effects of bolts, their damage rates will make up for the lack of agility. Special stones can be used to upgrade and enhance your equipment.

So by now you must have read about the different vocations and what you should expect from each vocation. So now tell me, what do you think?

Last edited:
Back