• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Project] RaceWars by Eldin! [RPG/War] (Discussion/Ideas)

What Race except Humans and Elfs should be possible to become as a Start?

• Dwarfs with HomeTown Kazordoon

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Minotaurs with HomeTown Thais

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Orcs with HomeTown Ulderek's Rock (Orc Land)

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • All will be fun, I trust Eldin's choise.

Votes: 37 39.8%

• Total voters
MapMarkings:

Ahahah, iKaS :D It works fine so why bother? ^^
And thank you both!

Another thing to note, MapMarkings to make your start simple once again:

MiniMapHuman.jpg

Those markings are set so make it easy to find the important NPCs that you are looking for, Ammo, Weapons, Depot and so on.

And now... ITS TIME TO GO INSANE! Swedish House Mafia here in Sweden at the new Arena!! (Friends Arena) AHH!! :D :D :D
VIP FOR THE WIN!

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps4aaa3715.png

Last edited:
Hahah wtf? :D ROFL pumping Swedish House Mafia and can't stop looking... Van Damme xD

Closed Towns:

Humans and Elfs will be the starting Races, therefor, Kazordoon and Thais are closed.
Orc Land is an hunting ground so there is no need to close that, Venore will be a free town for everyone.

KazordoonClosed.jpg

ThaisClosed.jpg

PS: Swedish House Mafia was AWESOME!

Last edited:
Its Alive! :O :D

I have done alot more then what I have showed so far, got so busy fixing it (and team leading BF3 abit) so I forgot to post updates. Thank You for asking and showing interest. Im at work now and checking in at my iPad, will try to show some more information as fast as I can. :)

Last edited:
I have been thinking about Goblins, Trolls, Dragon etc etc. I do not think they fit at the moment but Im always open for everything.
To me, its important for all the races to be unique and give a special feeling. So far, I have the ones I presenten in mind, however, further updates will ofcourse contain whatever people wants as I am doing everything for the players. :)

Last edited:
im realy glad this server is still under way i would love to see how it will turn out in the end and did you decide what race is going along with elfs and humans?

Thank You! :)

I kinda changed my mind abit about the start, I think that Humans and Elfs will be the first ones only.
By the Votings, "Eldins Choise" is the leading one with Minotaurs at Thais close behind. If I take the votings from other forums, my desicion got a huge advance.
I do however want everyone to be satisfied.

Im actually kinda finished with the Humans and will start to explain them soon. I realise that the server will take alot more time to start if I add another Race and it already got delayed. In fact, we don't even know if the server will work even if I will be suprised if its not. So thats the reason I decided to start with Humans and Elfs in the beginning and make everything work well, once that is done and the server hopefully works fine, we'll add another Race! :)

The third that im thinking about right now are actually Dwarfs, they are close to Carlin (Humans) and Ab'Dendriel (Elfs). If we open up Thais (Minotaurs) first, we'll be "trapping" the Dwarfs in the middle once they are about to be put into the game. Another reason are also that Dwarfs are abit more Melee, this might balance stuff up abit as Humans are all-around and Elfs are only Range. Minotaurs are also kinda all-around but specified in different things. Anyway, I will listen to what everyone thinks before the decision is made.

Last edited:
shouldnt minotaurs hometown be mintwallin? you could make thais a town of another fraction of humans (having different classes like: assassin, necromancer, berserker). in most fantasy books/movies/games human race doesnt stick together like other races what sounds pretty realistic to me.

The Human:

First of all, sorry for late answers, bought a new appartment and sold my current one!

@Meskalin - I have been thinking about Mintwallin for Minotaurs and now when you say it... you might be right. We do have time as Minotaurs will be added later, the question will then be if a "Dark Human Race" should live there or something else? Maybe another All-Around Town? A Darker Human Race doesn't feel that bad the more I think of it. Good idea! :)

@Simkal - Thank You! Feel free to bring ideas and feedback!

Now to the information, I will start to explain all the Human Classes, one at a time. Please note that everuthing can and may be changed at any time so write whatever you have in mind!

Human.gif

Human (1)
You have now grown up and has become ready to fight for your Race, this is how you'd look.
The Question is, what is your talent and what does your heart say? Melee, Magic or Distance?

A Human will be played until level 20 before you can decide what to master.

Type: Holy Low-Medium All-Around Human
Attack Speed: Normal
Item Use: Swords, Axes, Clubs, Shields, Bows and Crossbows
Melee Skill Rate: Medium
Distance Skill Rate: Medium
Shielding Skill Rate: Medium
Magic Rate: Low

A Human can ofcourse change the course of the training at any time. You will as for example be able to run around and shoot Arrows while shooting some basic normal Mage spells.

Character Regenerations and Gains:
10 HP Per Level
10 Mana Per Level
10 Cap Per Level
5 HP Reg Each 5 Sec
5 Mana Reg Each 5 Sec

More HP then a normal Tibian Mage and more Mana then a normal Tibia Knight but balanced with less of the other. A Human will start at lvl 1 with 100HP and 10 Mana. A lvl 20 Human will then have 300HP and 200 Mana before choosing a Class.

Spells:
HumanSpells.jpg

This is what Ive fixed so far at the normal Human. Please note that any spells that we add will also be useable once you pick a Class. With this is mind, do you think we miss anything?

Last edited:
Serious, OPEN THIS SERVER !!! I cant wait :/ I want to play now haha =)

Haha Thank you guys ^^
Will explain a real Human Class later today after work (need more screens) or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Keep the minotaurs in Thais, Lore wise they were under Thais in Mintwall So you could make it as them "breaking out" from under in mass taking the Thaian city by force & now hold it as their stronghold.
I'd also personally scrap the dark human, too many odd & unique races such as "Dark Humans" could lead to, to few players in one race, which ends up causing an imbalance in that race/section due to less players.

Looks good though.

Also try Human Knight, or Fighter.
I also believe losing something on death to another Race is better, gives you a reason to raid etc.
Perhaps not armor, or anything you're holding maybe just your backpack? I recommend you hold a vote for it, as that's a big issue concerning tibia, as a lot of peoples opinions are different concerning death.

Last edited:
Hows the project going? last post was like forever ago... but im posting because I love playing racewar servs :p. Its cool playing as different races other than human all the time... F*** HUMANS! haha

few ideas about the races/jobs:
elves are quick smart and precise. These are the stealth-types of the race-circle. But limiting elves to only archer and arcanist is a waste of an elf's talents. perhaps a Elf Rogue/Assassin/Thief with various debuffs or even trap-laying skills, maybe low damage but high critical's... something along those lines. rather than just typical archer or a arcanist.

orc vs minotaur-these two creatures behave the same way... so theres not much customizing that can be done to separate them.. in other words, there are no real defining characteristics that would make someone choose one race over the other, aside from looks. In my opinion, theres no point in having both of these races; it should be one or the other. But these are the brutes of the race-circle.

replacing one of the above could be an Undead race. with job classes like necromancer, bloodmage, vampire, wraith... just an idea :p.

dwarves are hardy, durable, and complex. theyre definatly the tanks of the race-circle. they are also very fond of machinery and various tech's. job classes along those lines will fit.

Humans are in the middle... not as smart as elves, not as brutal as orc/minos and not as durable as dwarves, but a little bit of each. Soldiers, archers, wizards, priests... classes along those lines... or even a Gunman, with rifles and bullets and grenades and stuff if youre into it :p.

Last edited:
This Thread got created by the end of 2011 and has now been brought up about the same date by the end of 2013.
I'll continue at this thread instead of creating a new one, will do my best to complete the Project.
All posts I made have be checked and updated! More information to come!

RaceWarOfficialLogo_zps67cd09d0.png

The new logo has been created by Knatte1, who also means alot for the Projects. As an expert mapper, Knatte1 will ofcourse keep that role in other Projects. In Projects like RaceWars, he creates the logos and images aswell as brainstorming ideas with me.

When I created RaceWars, I worked with the 0.2 series and the current TibiaState was about 9.31. Now, 1.0 seem to be the one for future use, so thats what I will work with from now on. OpenTibia also seem to need abit help with new servers so lets create the future together folks!

RACEWARS IS NOW WORKING AS 10:30 WITH TFS 1.0!
RaceWars1030working_zpsd3a7460f.jpg

Fixed so far:
Code:
--------------
/PROGRESS LOGG:\
----------------

RaceWars Client 10.30:
----------------------
-Updated EVERYTHING I told you about Before in the thread to work with 1.0.
(Alot of more stuff has been done aswell, will be showed by time!)

Answers to posts above:

Amusement - I Think you're right, keeping Minotaurs at Thais feels natural and will probably be the best thing todo.
About the DeathLoss/PVP, feel free to bring more suggestions!

waterland - I like all of your ideas and for sure got some to Think about hah. ;)
My main idea per Race is to create 1 nice class per outfit from RealTibia. A combination of how they behave in real tibia aswell as how we would like them to behave as a Race and unique class. Thats why I only put 2 Elf Options once you got to lvl 20 aswell as 30. This may ofcourse be changed from the start or updated later.

Well, only one thing left for now... HAPPY NEW YEAR OTLAND!

KindregardsEldinlogo_zps9c8d3e30.png

Back