• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[PROJECT] Thronar ATS - Alternate Tibia Server

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I have been working on my solo project for more than a year already, and it is still far from being good enough, even
though Ive opened it for a public beta a couple of times. Now Ive decided to actually see what other people thinks about my
main concepts and contents.

My first and utmost concept: make your own everything! Every tile of my map, every equipment, potion, classes, monsters,
spells, npcs, quests and systems (of course not the basic ones of Tibia) have been made by me, specifically for Thronar. The
main idea is making a entirely new game, within Tibia's gameplay and client, focusing true rpg, lore-telling, team play, class
and player-skill based pvp, exploration, misteries and different growth rate for each character, depending on the player.

--------------------------------------------

Now, lets check some of the already done content. (sorry for the huge wall of text, any less wouldnt be enough)

*A huge continental map (there is no sea so far) with huge areas to explore and almost forgotten holes everywhere waiting to
be rediscovered. Many and many random quests on random places with simple rewards, such as simple exp and gold or
simple items. Epic huge labirintic dungeons with many ends and many bosses each (only 2 introduced so far tho).

*Many lore-talking-or-not quest chains offered by many diverse NPCs. Though you are not forced to do them, some provides extremely usefull rewards, such as the class-based quest chain at Lv 10. For example, the druids quest teach
them the abillity to summon beasts, and the archers quest gives them the abillity to pick training jobs, wich are tasks wich
rewards the player with skill levels when completed.

questj.jpg

One of the many quest chains around
http://thronar.mo-rpg.com/t4-quest-system-explanation

*Unique spell learning system, wich involves rare books and/or quests for mages. For melees and archers, skills are
automatically learned upon advancing to a certain skill level. For example: Fierce Strike 2 will be acquired at melee skill 30, and Taunt 2 will be acquired by Swordsmans at shield skill 35. There is no list of learnable spells anywhere, so you never know when you will unexpectedly learn a spell.

spellsg.jpg

Mage spell learning

*Over 130 unique spells, wich grows on levels, such as Silence Lv 2, 3, and go on. If every spell level is counted as a spell,
Thronar has already over 300 unique spells! They are divided into elemental (Fire, Water/Ice, Wind/Thunder, Earth/Poison), into
Black Magic, into White Magic, into Call (summoning), and Skills (non-elemental abillities, such as every melee and archers
spells, teleport, soul recharge, etc).

summonsf.jpg

Elemental Summoning

*Unique and always balancement-seeking class tree. You start with being either a Squire, an Archer or a Mage and at lvl 10
depending on your first class, you may promote into a Swordsman, Warrior, Cleric, Tracker, Marksman, Crossbowman,
Wizard, Druid, Mystic or Priest. At Lv 40, most classes have to choose from another 2 options, though some only 1. Each
class have their own purpose and advantages/disvantages.

skillsjq.jpg

Some of the Marksman skills

*Huge and diverse equipment list, ranging from heavy/light/robe gear, with many equipments for the same level range with the
most diverse bonus, to fits into each player taste. Weapons class-divided into Sword, Axe, Club, Daggers, Staves, Wands,
Bows and Crossbows. Every weapon has its own critical rate/critical damage, and many have special effects such as silencing
or slowing the target upon a critical.

daggersi.jpg

Some of the Tracker's daggers

*A very deep acessory system, wich consists of rare drops from most monsters, from utuku goblins to shadow hunters. These
infinite acessories may benefit the player from the most variated bonuses, such as the most diverse regeneration rates,
immunities to drunk, elemental resistence, speed bonus, armor, skill, magic level, new spells, etc. Many acessories, have
also negative side-effects when worn, on the same lines as above.

acessory.jpg

Examples of acessories

*Soul system to balance spell spamming. Most non elemental spells uses up soul points on different rates, depending on the
spell. This way, you have to think your best on how you use your spells, and avoid mindlessly grinding. Elemental spells are
already limited by the different potion system.

powershot.jpg

Should I use my soul on attacking skills or on rest and sprint?

*A self-made potion system, made to prevent hotkey hunting. Potions will not heal you instantly, they will heal you over an
average time of 15 seconds, by ticks every second. And mostly important: during the potion's effect your character will be
weakened and slowed, so spamming potions is not always the best option. Of course, the normal regeneration is very
improved and many many equips and acessories may improve it (though still not at a huge rate). Fight with your own health
and mana!

potionm.jpg

Beware of the potions side-effects

*An unique feature to differ one character from another, the Mastery System. These are passive class exclusive point-based abillities wich will make characters differs even greatly. More info here: http://otland.net/f251/project-thronar-ats-alternate-tibia-server-144256/index4.html

*Support-Must system: with the rebalanced potions, and with the lack of in-battle healing spells for most classes except
Clerics and Priests, every decent hunt or boss killing will require one or more of these support classes. And of course, they
have a wide array of other supportive spells, such as recovering mana, soul, haste, antidote, increasing battle skills, etc.

*Team Hunt-Must system: the most dangerous places usually have monsters with abillities that difficults the abillity of one
player soloing the entire place, even with a high level. The Samel's Heretics for example, have close range devastating spells
and many slows wich prevents melees from approaching them, while having aswell a huge summon abillity wich endangers
mages and archers wich stay at distance.

--------------------------------------------

Omg, I think Ive writed too much! I may post screens if you people like what youve read.
Thats it to begin with, please give me your thoughts about what you've read (if you read), be it suggestions, criticism, flamings,
anything is welcome :D

Also, I have cleaned and reopened my old forum, so anyone interested may register and keep informed about the latest news and a possible release date.
Here is the link: http://thronar.mo-rpg.com/

And the main question: Would you play Thronar?

EDIT: Some screenshots added, more coming

Last edited:
Well, Im a mapper in first place so... its not a squarish buggy map, dont worry :p

The most specific locations such as important dungeons and locations are very well worked, though since the map is huge, I admit some of the forests are still a little empty but thats part of the content update. Im always remaking these quickly made places to make them look better.

I will add some screens soon =)
Im taking them right now

I read alot of it and it has alot of great ideas and good content however I suggest alot of guide npcs to help you be familiarized with the OT and the map itself because this OT contains so much custom stuff that newgens are going to come in and they will go "Wtf is this? " Does something wrong and affects them in anyway "aww fck! rage quit!" and they leave. And about the main question, yes I'd play it.

Since many players were lost on the game on the former tests, Ive introduced the Starterguide NPC, wich tells you much information about the game itself, from classes to spells. Also, this npc gives a quest to newbies wich help them find their way through the city, and the first hunting spots, with map marks and such.

After lvl 10 when you choose your class, there will be a class-based quest wich is a mix of guide-task that gives specific information about the class youve picked, and good rewards aswell.

Maybe thats still not enough, but I have to see if players still have problems to begin playing, and only when I open it to the public again.

Maybe when it's released make some sort of guide from levels 1 to 40~ so by the time they reach that level (if it's low exp) they already know their way around the OT, as well as maybe a few guide NPC's across the map itself and they tell you like "Are you lost? Want me to give you directions? Ask for any monster or city and I will tell you in which direction they are!"

Yeah that sounds like a good idea. It will surely be low exp, cant have an exact rate since monsters are all custom but since lvl 40 is the third class, and lvl 50 is the top (you cant level past 50 yet, will be added on future updates), that will be considered mid-high level.

Well, at around lvl 20-30 even without the class quest (not introduced at the last test), the players didnt had problems anymore. Now it will be even easier to understand things such as hunting grounds and spells, since there is tooltips explaining the spell you learnt and quests wich send you to an apropriate place to hunt.

Ive made a small, though significant change on the acessory system... now instead of a direct boring item description such as "sword fighting +3", now you get interesting and tricky tooltips, that may or may not explain the full effect upon wearing.

acessoriesi.jpg

I hope this help to create misteries ingame, such as people discovering specific acessories effects and not spoiling it, or just the sense of roleplaying trying to identify the effect by yourself.

What do you people think about this new feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't double post. But anyways I like it haha, although I bet some people will make forum posts about it or even try to sell stuff like that at high prices when they're not actually that great of an item because of the mysteries xD

Sorry for the double post, I totally forgot about that.

And yes thats the main purpose haha.
Misteries are the soul of a rpg game, thats why global tibia is dying.

Agreed, nobody explores or does anything without knowing 100% what they're doing, if they aren't 100% sure.. tibia.wikia.com.. :/ Players don't use their brains anymore.

True thing.
Not only botters ruined tibia but wikia aswell.

@topic: Ive now decided to set up descriptions for every piece of equipment, even those who doesnt have a bonus. Just to add some more exploration feeling on checking items descriptions, and for fun aswell.

Examples: Full Helmet > A helmet that covers the entire head, makes you feel safe and half-blind.
Iron Helmet > A helmet said to come from the northern lands.
Chain Mail > A basic chain mail, wich makes you feel very heavy.

Yeah, wiki ruins tibia because everyone knows where to get stuff, I like it when its a mystery and no one knows so you have an advantage if you find some rare item or something.

I'll of course play this ATS, seems like will be a kick ass one!
I just loved the description of the effects on items, the class, and kinda like the level cap, but i think the potion system will get the things really harder, and if the soul points dont up again fast will be the harded server ever.

Soul regeneration is set to 6-12 seconds per point, depending on your class, and the soul cap is class-dependant aswell.

For example, Warriors got 140 soul cap and 9/sec regen since they are more "energetic" knights, comparing to the Swordsman 120 cap and 10/sec regen.
Since Clerics arent a battle class, they got only 100 soul cap and 11/sec regen.

And about the potion system, yes it is made to make things hard, but also more challenge gameplay friendly. The worst thing of tibia is healing your entire hp with a item that you can use each turn over and over again for about 10000 times... so why do you have your own hp/mp pool if you survive with potions?
Thats what Ive stated on the first post: Fight with your own health and mana!

Or get a Cleric or Priest to heal you.

Last edited:
Sounds cool, you should already try gathering people for your server as OTs in general are all hard to get players to. Maybe host a website or a blog and let people sign up for newsletter so people get alerted when your project is ready and about to start. Because if this project isn't nearly done and got months of work left then this thread will probably die and people forget about it.

Back