• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Rebirth or MAX level ? What you like more ?

TibiaFX

Reaction score
As the title says, rebirth or max level? What you like more: a server with rebirths or a server where ppls can just be level 717217. Bcus im unsure if I should go to rebirth or keep the max level system thing :/

Can you maybe tell me why you like the rebirth system more than the max level ? :p

The rebirth system allows a player to continue to better their characters because their starting intrinsic states increase on rebirth.

This allows players to pretty much play and progress indefinitely.

When you hit a 'max level' you can't make your character any better and the game feels 'over'.

Last edited:
It all depends on how you do it. For example
  • Deathzot's rebirth system is pretty unique because you get to combine 2 vocations which makes your character stronger and more interesting.
  • Typical server rebirth systems is you get to max level, rebirth, then rinse and repeat.. it's literally the most boring thing and it makes me want to puke.
Servers where you end up rebirthing like 500 times are just so stupid. I personally don't like any type of rebirthing system, but Deathzot is the exception.
I would much rather prefer a "max level" but make the progression at a rate where no one will ever reach it so you'll never run into the problem of someone hitting max level.
Then again I guess it also depends on what type of server you're going for, so some more information about that would be nice!

Rebirths are just a lazy way of making players continue playing your server. (Unless there's a real meaning to it, such as DeathzOt's)

Max level isn't very good either, since it creates a limit and you must balance around that limit, and as you increase the limit (which you will), it will upset the balance of previous things as well as future things. An example would be like most WoW-esque MMOs. At first the cap was 60, and it was tough doing dungeons and gear with around 150 damage was considered godly.

Now, the cap is 110. All the content that was previously difficult is now not, and on top of that, monsters that are normal crappy tier but level 100 are going to be MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than level 60 badass animated/art monsters. Also, weapons are known to have around 2K damage now.

This might seem okay, but it causes a problem for people not currently involved in the game itself. If you played WoW during the all the expansions, you would progress with enough time (if you played everyday) that your gear would be maxed and you'd wait for something new to come along, as well as completing all the dungeons and what not.

But the player who just joined will most likely skip all the major dungeons that were difficult at the time, up until the new cap of 110. Even Blizzard realizes this and now sells max level boosts to 100 and let the player play the latest expansion as intended.

EDIT:

I might be biased but I think Tibia's system is still my favorite to date. It allowed players to experience anything in the world, meaning real unfairness at times. This along with experience loss, item loss, and supply cost made for a system that made it feel like levels were important, but so was being prepared/safe.

It also allowed players to challenge themselves. I remember I tried nonstop as a level 30 paladin to solo a lured Giant Spider on my way to Dark Cathedral, only to have it kill me 90% of the time.

People have shared opinions about this.
Create the server how you want, if you want people to be able to rebirth as many times as they want thats up to you. If you want to make people be able to hit level 717k and not be able to rebirth that choice is also up to you to decide. Most likely you won't get any results by asking here cause they'll only tell you how they dislike both or how much they literally hate the system alltogheter.

Back