• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Remeres Map Editor: No Text Field on Signs

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there folks, I am currently dealing with an old problem I've had before. Signs on Remeres, for example Street sign 1438 and 1439 have no Text Boxes when you select properties on the map editor. However, I know for a fact that they are supposed to. Like I said, I remember dealing with this a long time ago; so I went to items.xml and browsed up the item ID of an object that allows me to write text in the editor (1440) then compare it to an item that I cant put text on (1438) and there is no difference so that kind of confused me even more since I thought I just needed to add 1 line to the items.xml in the remeres map editor folders to allow me to edit the text box.

So long story short, I cant get the text boxes to show up in remeres map editor for items like 1438-1439 and the new 9.8 signs from item id 20005-20080.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm to tired to remember the small change that needs to be made.

Thanks guys.

Ah, it's as simple as going into the items.

Its come to my attention you can not use this..
Code:
<item id="1438-1439" article="a" name="street sign" >
	<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="1024" />
</item>

You will have to make it look like this since Remeres doesn't update his codes to support the latest features. - This means those 80 new street signs have to be individual like below instead of like above where you can do in a range.
Code:
<item id="1438" article="a" name="street sign" >
	<attribute key="maxTextLen" value="1024" />
</item>

Even though the item doesn't need the maxtextlen in your items.xml in your serverfiles; it needs to be added in the map editor for it to give the text field option. Some items automatically get recognized but for the items that dont, just make the small edit above. - Don't understand really what change could cause it.

Note: This only works for the street signs, the new 9.8 road signs do not show the text field for some reason even after the edit. Hopefully someone figures it out. Kind of disappointed no one even responded with the simple 1 line fix that was needed, shows where the community is going.

REP TO WHOEVER FIXES THE PROBLEM WITH THE 9.8 ROAD SIGNS

Last edited:
Sat down for a while and tried to get text working on the new 9.8+ signs, still cant seem to get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

From what I've read, for those that still need this - you will have to edit your server's/map editors .otb and add the text field parameters to the signs before remeres will let you add text to the signs. The TFS developement team didn't add the proper fields so it requires editing by the user (us).

I've tryed it, and they got this value in .otb, but remere still dont give this option ;d

Also another signs in .otb don't have any attribution, and there is not attribution for sign, it's something in rme sources :D

Last edited:
Back