• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Rendering an effect through OTClient

Gnufoo

Reaction score
GitHub
ncerroneumich
Hello all, I am looking to render a client side effect (like one of these Effects (https://tibia.fandom.com/wiki/Effects)) through a OTClient module. I see that OTC exposes the effect class to lua, but I'm unsure how to actually get it to render to the screen and how to figure out specific effects images. It seems like the effect ID determines the texture rendered, but I could be wrong. Any help figuring out how to render the effects would be appreciated!

"Tibia Effects" are their own thing... not something that gets "rendered". The part that is rendered is the animation, and in OT its called "distance effect" or "magic effect"... furthermore any client that supports playing tibia, supports its magic and distance effects.

Please take the time to try to learn how to use the server and client, before asking such basic questions. No one wants to help someone who is not willing to help themselves. To send an "effect" to a player, or position on the map, you will need to learn how to use the "lua" scripting language, and the api/interface provided to you, by the server that you are using.

Furthermore, if or when you get stuck on a problem (while trying to learn and help yourself), when you post here for help, you will need to start off letting others know which server you are using, otherwise, again, no one will want to help.

Back