• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request] Illusionist Vocation

Jotran

Banned User
Reaction score
I am using tfs 1.0

I've seen this done on a few servers I was wondering if there is already a script for this or could someone take the time to write or start writing it for me?

What does it do?
It creates a copy of itself including name, hp or mana, it uses some if not all the spells as the player.

Thanks for reviewing my request :)

Edit: I love these smilies they are soo cute :)

Since when does someone own an idea? You think that people haven't thought of this before Deathzot?

I have never even played that server, haven't played OT in about 6 years, and I have thought of this... Apparently if you follow the link @televolt posted you will see someone created this possibility back in 2010... was Deathzot open before that? I have no clue, but I'm betting it wasn't...

So basically, what is your point?
My point is that not only are you trying to make the EXACT same spell as they have there... Naming it the same vocation also just shows that it was some inspiration to try to make it. But no going to argue lmao good day sir

My point is that not only are you trying to make the EXACT same spell as they have there... Naming it the same vocation also just shows that it was some inspiration to try to make it. But no going to argue lmao good day sir

Right... Because I am the one who started this thread, and as I clearly stated before, I totally play Deathzot all day long, and would want nothing better than to make another script that is completely unoriginal... Right...

I'm interested in how we can change the monsters name, but not for an "illusionist" and not for a "spell" that creates copies of yourself... I have other motives, but hey, if that's how you like to think about it, go right ahead, because either way, doesn't really matter, doesn't make it wrong, and doesn't make it right...

Right... Because I am the one who started this thread, and as I clearly stated before, I totally play Deathzot all day long, and would want nothing better than to make another script that is completely unoriginal... Right...

I'm interested in how we can change the monsters name, but not for an "illusionist" and not for a "spell" that creates copies of yourself... I have other motives, but hey, if that's how you like to think about it, go right ahead, because either way, doesn't really matter, doesn't make it wrong, and doesn't make it right...
Holy shit you sound stupid lol. You not know what the threads about?

So basically your trying to take the spell from Deathzot..
Sadly I don't know what Deathzot is.. if they have free cookies then sign me up :)

This script isn't soo much about the vocation being made, it is about testing the boundaries of TFS 1.+
I am finding that without editing the sources creating a mirror image is slim to none in lua.. name wise anyway

The Illusionist vocation exist in many games not just the ot servers actually they existed back in the days of D&D long before people even knew what a pc was.

What I requested is a general spell that makes an illusionist an illusionist so maybe your deathzot copied from them.. bad deathzot bad :).

Oh yes totally
Yeah I know what the thread is about, but if you were half as smart as you think you are you would have noticed you quoted me and said that I was the one trying to do this, which is obviously not the case. And a big fuck you to @Ahilphino , as much as I have tried to help you, go fuck yourself you little bitch...

Image GIF: https://i.imgur.com/C8Ohisr.gifv

Okay, so basically, my illusion is a copy of a hero with a masked name.
Source-wise (inb4 @Dalkon laughing at me), all I did was create a new Creature field called maskName (std::string) and created getter/setter functions for it. I also gave Game.createMonster() Lua function a new parameter called maskName. It is an optional parameter as well, defaulting with an empty string. Then in ProtocolGame::AddMonster(), I just used creature->getMaskName(), which returns the maskName if it isn't empty, else the mType name. It is a very "hacky" solution, notice that when my illusion says the spells under Hero name? I basically didn't want to change getName() to use the maskName, so I'd have to change a bunch of other stuff, but works in the meantime.

As a result, this was possible:
Code:
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition, isHotkey)
    local illusion = Game.createMonster("Hero", player:getPosition(), player:getName())
    illusion:setOutfit(player:getOutfit())
    illusion:setMaster(player)
    return true
end

The rest of the stuff in the gif (spells, outfit change) were done separately in spells and Creature.onChangeOutfit() in events respectively.

The Monster::getMaskName() function:
Code:
const std::string& getMaskName() const {
    if (!maskName.empty())
        return maskName;
    else
        return mType->name;
}

Inside Game.createMonster() Lua function:
Code:
monster->setMaskName(getString(L, 3));

Plus several other changes that I can post tomorrow

Last edited:
Image GIF: https://i.imgur.com/C8Ohisr.gifv

Okay, so basically, my illusion is a copy of a hero with a masked name.
Source-wise (inb4 @Dalkon laughing at me), all I did was create a new Creature field called maskName (std::string) and created getter/setter functions for it. I also gave Game.createMonster() Lua function a new parameter called maskName. It is an optional parameter as well, defaulting with an empty string. Then in ProtocolGame::AddMonster(), I just used creature->getMaskName(), which returns the maskName if it isn't empty, else the mType name. It is a very "hacky" solution, notice that when my illusion says the spells under Hero name? I basically didn't want to change getName() to use the maskName, so I'd have to change a bunch of other stuff, but works in the meantime.

As a result, this was possible:
Code:
function onUse(player, item, fromPosition, itemEx, toPosition, isHotkey)
    local illusion = Game.createMonster("Hero", player:getPosition(), player:getName())
    illusion:setOutfit(player:getOutfit())
    illusion:setMaster(player)
    return true
end

The rest of the stuff in the gif (spells, outfit change) were done separately in spells and Creature.onChangeOutfit() in events respectively.

The Monster::getMaskName() function:
Code:
const std::string& getMaskName() const {
    if (!maskName.empty())
        return maskName;
    else
        return mType->name;
}

Inside Game.createMonster() Lua function:
Code:
monster->setMaskName(getString(L, 3));

Plus several other changes that I can post tomorrow

Excited to see this, amazing work you did. Love how you always include a .gif that's fucking awesome man. Offtopic, do you use a free gif saver or paid one? I am trying to find a good free one...

Excited to see this, amazing work you did. Love how you always include a .gif that's fucking awesome man. Offtopic, do you use a free gif saver or paid one? I am trying to find a good free one...

I just use ScreenToGif. Not the greatest in the world; definitely looking for better options though.

xD just saw this thread and wanted to chime in for a moment.

I think what @Blinkz is trying to say is that the odds of the OP saying he wants exactly what is already in another server without said server actually being the inspiration is astronomically low considering how outside the box this concept is for tibia.
1. A player summon that is an exact copy of the master
2. For a vocation named Illusionist
3. Uses the players spells
4. And through out the thread refers to things such as Illusionist/Mirror Image repeatedly

nmzY2I8.png

I am not saying it's impossible for this to be a coincidence but if the OP was inspired, at least be humble about it.

And for the record:
1. The entire Illusionist vocation on Deathzot was inspired by the Illusionist vocation on SpeciesServer made by @Flatlander years ago.
2. I don't care if people use my ideas because my ideas all come from other games that already exist anyway.
3. @Blinkz is worst troll on otland.
No idea is unique, everything has been done before. People need to stop acting like they are thinking of things that are revolutionary and especially stop thinking that ideas on open tibia are owned because as far as I know, nobody in the open tibia community owns a patent.

Inb4
Flatlander: Yea but your Illusionist is nothing like the one in Species!
Me: I know, but your players are terrible at explaining what the vocation did so this was my twisted version of it.

Last edited:
xD just saw this thread and wanted to chime in for a moment.

I think what @Blinkz is trying to say is that the odds of the OP saying he wants exactly what is already in another server without said server actually being the inspiration is astronomically low considering how outside the box this concept is for tibia.
1. A player summon that is an exact copy of the master
2. For a vocation named Illusionist
3. Uses the players spells
4. And through out the thread refers to things such as Illusionist/Mirror Image repeatedly

nmzY2I8.png

I am not saying it's impossible for this to be a coincidence but if the OP was inspired, at least be humble about it.

And for the record:
1. The entire Illusionist vocation on Deathzot was inspired by the Illusionist vocation on SpeciesServer made by @Flatlander years ago.
2. I don't care if people use my ideas because my ideas all come from other games that already exist anyway.
3. @Blinkz is worst troll on otland.
No idea is unique, everything has been done before. People need to stop acting like they are thinking of things that are revolutionary and especially stop thinking that ideas on open tibia are owned because as far as I know, nobody in the open tibia community owns a patent.

Inb4
Flatlander: Yea but your Illusionist is nothing like the one in Species!
Me: I know, but your players are terrible at explaining what the vocation did so this was my twisted version of it.

Yes but blinkz point was made very poorly, and fact still remains that I have thought of this idea, maybe I never said "illusionist" or "mirror image", and those are apparently the names on your server, but I have thought of this long ago, and like you said you got the idea from flatlander, the idea isn't that rare of an idea, like all good ideas, once it is out there, more people think of the same thing.... Old scientific theory says if two chimps are stuck on an island and never seen a coconut or each other before, and one has the idea to break the coconut and eat from it, the other will get the same idea at the same time... Said that our minds are connected, w/e. Doesn't really matter fact is, I know I have never played deathzot, and I also know that the idea could have come from anyone who seen the thread explaining how to make a summon and change it's name... that thread in itself was most likely connected to flatlander some how, either they got the idea from him or vice-a-versa, something, but just because he calls it an illusionist and mirror image doesn't account for much, because programmers think logically, and logically if I were going to utilize making summons with different names, first thing that would come to mind would be an illusionist, second is the fact I can make upgraded monsters, create the monster with stats based off the character who summons it.. If I were going to make an illusionist and give him a spell, mirror image, clone, copy all this words come to mind, now which one sounds better? Mirror image... Now idk, maybe the OP did "steal" the idea, but you are the server owner are you not? You said yourself you don't care if someone takes your ideas because your were taken from someone else, is that not how video games in general work? Do great ideas not get passed around, altered and improved upon? This happens all the time, and I like your point when you said

That right there is my point in a sum

My Illusionist on Species fought using mirrors instead of magic walls, had a Teleport that left behind a portal, had a Mirror-Trap rune that hit more than SD but had a longer cooldown and trapped the target in mirrors completely, and had ONE spell called "Illusion Strike" that summoned a copy of your TARGET, and hit you 3 times while saying "Stop hitting yourself!", "Stop hitting yourself!", "Stop hitting yourself!".
And then it had a spell, that had 2 functions: If you had a target, it would make your Target look like you, and you would look like your target (So players and monsters would target the wrong person). Or if you had no target, it would summon a copy of yourself and make you invisible for a moment.

So Xagulz version that was inpired by my version is COMPLETELY different.

But I think me and Xagulz agree, that anyone making something new and not a RL Tibia Server deserves respect from this community.

Last edited:
Back