• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

revnetsys... The real test

Denthar

Reaction score
Hello...
Today I have changed from an evolutions mod (one of the thousands of evolutions 8.00 ports) to the lastest stable TFS with revnetsys... My server lagged with 120 players (not so badly... but it had lag) so now its the real revnetsys test... will lag with 150-170 players?

Come back later for more info :D

PD: My server: http://otservlist.org/k205318.html

You're hosting in chile. Your hardware probably sucks, and your connection probably sucks. That's probably why you have lag at only 120 players.

@vagabond

lol man...

because you think that only because the server of denthar is hosting on chile yours hardware is sucks? or connection is sucks?

Intel Core 2 Quad from american is different of Intel Core 2 Quad from South American or Africa?

Search learn more about hosting, hardware and connections before subjugate someone because your nation or your global region...

I pulled mine server from "great" datacenter on EUA and now I hosting it in a datacenter from Brazil with a MORE MUCH perfomance/benefit compared with datacenter on EUA :)

Last edited:
@SlashX: I'm pretty sure that Chile is a third-world/developing country. If someone there does have decent hosting hardware and a decent hosting connection, they're probably not wasting it on testing an OTServ.

Last edited:
@SlashX: I'm pretty sure that Chile is a third-world/developing country. If someone there does have decent hosting hardware and a decent hosting connection, they're probably not wasting it on testing an OTServ.

Agree. <short>

I'm possably getting a new server, I'll test it on there if we get it (2.4ghz core2 quad). :p

I'm possably getting a new server, I'll test it on there if we get it (2.4ghz core2 quad). :p

core2 fails. AMD X2 ftw!
Better and less expensive.
Though core2 extreme quadcores are pretty good. Wonder if AMD Opterons (the AMD quadcore processors) are better..

lol...

the processor equivalent of amd opteron is intel Xeon 73xx series and NOT core 2 series ¬¬

AMD fails... the Intel processor is better in all versions (servers with Xeon and domestic with Intel Core)...

Intel sux i prefer AMD the startup of Intel is sux and later of hours your performance is low and it cost most money.

lol...

the processor equivalent of amd opteron is intel Xeon 73xx series and NOT core 2 series ¬¬

AMD fails... the Intel processor is better in all versions (servers with Xeon and domestic with Intel Core)...

AMD fails? you're joking, right?
Intel's made some great improvements, but AMD still makes the better processor.

That's offending, man :S

We've got same PCs you have in "developed countries", the same hardware, the same software... The computer where it's hosted my server is a Double Dual Core Opteron (1,8~ ghz per core), 4 gb ram, optic fiber network (at 150~ mbps nationwide, 10 mbps for foreign players). That's pretty much standard for all servers here :s

Household computers are all above 2 ghz, 1 gb ram, 80 gb hdd, lcd screen for about 200.000 pesos (400 usd, that's not so much here... like the minimum salary)...

Besides... we don't make war for oil... we don't need it ;)

Last edited:

Lol...

Here in Brazil, a third-world/developing country too, we have very nice datacenters with the best hardware specs targeted for games hosting.

And, if I make money with an otserv, why I can't pay for a good dedicated server?

vagabond do not know what it says...

In brazil your find datacenters much betters in quality compared on datacenters from USA (i have 3 mb link full duplex dedicated ONLY to mine server).

The datacenters from USA only best if you server have interest to meet players from EUA, dont because quality, but because the latency ping/cost beneficy (datacenters from EUA with low cost have reasonable ping/latency from american players, but, dont have a good ping from rest of world).

and about AMD x Intel, I will not waste my time to prove to you that I am correct, but warning to all, knowing engineering computing and analyzing the AMD processors you know they have high quality compared to its cost, but they far from there to compare Intel's processors. Intel processors have rather a greater cost, but are much better.

sorry for a bad english... but... i am from "third world" and i dont have money to learn a good english :/

If I'm wrong about how you live in third-world countries, then I apologize. But all we ever see or hear about you guys is that you live in crappy, run-down houses and don't even have shoes. So I apologize for my ignorance. :/

and you can't even rent an apartment for a month for only $400 USD... Wow.

Lol...

Here in Brazil, a third-world/developing country too, we have very nice datacenters with the best hardware specs targeted for games hosting.

And, if I make money with an otserv, why I can't pay for a good dedicated server?

I'm sorry Nate, but I have to go with him. Why else does Tibia have an extreme amount of Brazilian and South American players?

That isn't only Tibia...it's also Counterstrike, WoW, Everquest, and tons of other online games.

I'm sorry Nate, but I have to go with him. Why else does Tibia have an extreme amount of Brazilian and South American players?

That isn't only Tibia...it's also Counterstrike, WoW, Everquest, and tons of other online games.

Seems like it's mostly Brazil. I always assumed Brazil was just 'further along'. It is the largest, geographically..
Anyway, as I said, sorry if I was wrong. I just believe what I hear on those commercials. But what the hell are people sending money down there for if you guys have $400 TV sets!? >__<

Last edited:
@Vagabond
You know how it's called (the way you're actin)? Prejudice...
Get some knowledge (other than just programing) and say something about this subject ;) Or just keep your thoughts with you :D

@Vagabond

It's called ignorance (lack of knowledge), he wasn't judging the other guy or where he came from, he only stated that from what knows they didn't/don't have as advanced data centers as we do here in the USA. Which may or may not be true, I wouldn't know since I don't live in Chile.

@Vagabond
Get some knowledge (other than just programing) and say something about this subject ;) Or just keep your thoughts with you :D

I never rode on his ass for being from Chile, so it wasn't prejudice. I just assumed that what I see on TV is true. My mistake, k? I already apologized.

Perhaps you should also keep your thoughts "with you". I rather dislike reading diahrrea of the finger.

Last edited:
Back