• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Rewrite DASH - OTCv8 (U$ 50)

roriscrave

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I need someone to rewrite the otcv8 dash function. currently the character (walks, stops, walks, stops), with 170ms ping.
If anyone has used the elfbot dash (old client) you know how it works (even with a ping of 170ms, the character walks straight, without walking and stopping, walking and stopping).
I need someone to update the otcv8 dash system, so that the character runs very smoothly, without requiring a lot of CPU usage. Contact me if you know how to do this.
I will pay you after I see the system working. (you will share your screen on discord, show me that the system is working, then I will pay you and you will send it to me later).

He basically wants a player to move with not a single delay while having a ping of 250ms. While your path gets calculated once when map clicking, the client will send a packet to the server and wait for its answer to move a player step by step but he wants to react the client with no delay, no matter how high the ping is. Let me know once we can make the ping no longer relevant.

He basically wants a player to move with not a single delay while having a ping of 250ms. While your path gets calculated once when map clicking, the client will send a packet to the server and wait for its answer to move a player step by step but he wants to react the client with no delay, no matter how high the ping is. Let me know once we can make the ping no longer relevant.
New Walking has client prediction. It won't wait for the server to confirm the movement.

New Walking has client prediction
As I read server side of New Walking, it looks like whole OTCv8 New Walking "upgrade" is to predict (plan) 2-steps ahead, not 1-step (as official Tibia Client). Seems pretty efficient.
If player can walk 10 tiles per second (ex. 300 level+utani gran hur), it will work as long as player has ping below 200 ms (not 100ms as official client) - if he is lucky: his ping is stable and there are no packet losses. It at least doubles ping available to walk smooth in OTC on high lvl.

There is pretty important reason: players want to walk up-down (stairs) without walking away from stairs/teleport.

@roriscrave
Now imagine that with you magic-dash-walk and speed of 17 tiles per second client sends 17 'make step up' packets per second to server (as Elf bot dash walk did) - as long as you hold 'walk up' (up arrow) button. If there are stairs 3 steps ahead of you and your step takes below 0.06 sec, it will make at least 4 steps in 250 ms of your ping and walk into that stairs/teleport, even if on player screen is still 4 SQM away.

dash-walk worked pretty good, as long as you used 'map click to walk', not arrows. Map walk is special packet in Tibia. It does not plan X steps in client and then send them step-by-step with delay, it sends X planned steps to server and then it executes it with 0 lag (0 ping). That way ping does not matter, but your walk will stop in place where you clicked it in client (ex. 1 step before stairs).

------
Any system that will make walking smooth on 100+ ms ping on 300+ lvl will make it less accurate (ex. walk way 2 steps from stairs) or make it abuse some server weakness (added by given system), that will make game less interesting for low ping players.
If you add any server weakness (delayed step-cost-calculation), botters will abuse it to kill other players.

------
Smooth-walking by high-ping-players is well known in FPS games.
They often use backward-position-synchronization. It's great for high ping, but it can be also abused by low pings ex. player with real ping 10 ms delays 'send walk packet after 250 ms' (using bot/network configuration), so his ping looks like 260 ms (250 ms to send + 10 ms to receive), but he sees other players in 10 ms, but other players sees his walk in 250 ms.
That's why most of FPS servers (ex. CS:GO private servers) auto-ban players with ping over 100 ms.

Tibia Client protocol is not compatible with backward-position-synchronization. If your ping is higher, you walk slower.

Last edited:
New Walking has client prediction. It won't wait for the server to confirm the movement.
Yeah that’s correct but he was testing with the speed of an level 250 char (+ haste) and was wondering why holding down the arrow key wasn’t working as smooth as map clicking.

PS: I’ve received a warning point for my „selling offer“, gg. Time to avoid otland for another year.

Back