• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server

wow even a noob like me can do it now, thank you @SilverFern

Thank you very much, it worked!

Does GM commands work? I logged in as a GM and I tried a few commands like: alani, alito tera
but no action happen. Messages are not sent on the client but I can see on the server log the message was sent.
I saw these commands on this thread: Tutorial for running 7.7 CipSoft Server on Ubuntu (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-for-running-7-7-cipsoft-server-on-ubuntu.274678/post-2671503)

Thanks again.
You need to assign the rights to your character upon login in order to use these commands.
how to give gm rights to use spells and commands?

I'm wondering where the experience formula is located, it would be nice if someone tried to change it before and wants to share some tips.

how to give gm rights to use spells and commands?
Via querymanager upon character's login.

I'm wondering where the experience formula is located, it would be nice if someone tried to change it before and wants to share some tips.
It's hard-coded in the game binary.

Does GM commands work? I logged in as a GM and I tried a few commands like: alani, alito tera
but no action happen. Messages are not sent on the client but I can see on the server log the message was sent.
I saw these commands on this thread: Tutorial for running 7.7 CipSoft Server on Ubuntu (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-for-running-7-7-cipsoft-server-on-ubuntu.274678/post-2671503)

Thanks again.

can somebody lend me the gm commands please? @SilverFern
like @SilverFern explained in first post, open http://localhost/phpmyadmin in browser and login otserv.
change userlevel in folder: otserv/users, 0= player 100= gm, 255=god
edit otserv/players too for more changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

## Gamemaster character spells ##
Get Item - alevo para para​
Get Item - alevo para​
Move - alani para​
Get Experience - alevo cogni para​
Change Data - aleta para​
Get Skill Experience - alevo cogni para para​
Teleport to Friend - alani sio para​
Retrieve Friend - alliber sio para​
Summon Wild Creature - alevo res para​
Banish Account - analiber para para para​
Get Position - aliva tera​
Temple Teleport - omani para​
Delete Account - omana gran liber para para​
Set Namerule - omamo para​
Create Gold - alevo vis para​
Change Profession or Sex - aleta vita para​
Entry in Criminal Record - omisa para para​
Namelock - omana hora para​
Kick Player - omana para​
Delete Character - omana gran res para para​
Banish IP Address - omana vis para para​
Banish Character - omana res para para para​
Get Quest Value - aliva cogni para​
Set Quest Value - aleta cogni para para​
Desintegrate Spell - alito tera​
Levitate Gamemaster - alani hur para​
Clear Quest Values - alana cogni​
Kill All Creatures - alito mas res​
Start Monsterraid - alevo mas res para​
(Para means parameter, as in "name", "1-99", )​
## Gamemaster talking options ##
#c message : Red message in current channel you talking in (unannonymous).
#d message : Red message in current channel you talking in (annonymous)
@playername@ message : Send a red message to a specific player.

it worked for me! i have the server running, but i figured some strange things.

i cant execute 2 actions at the same time, exemple:
i cant run and use UH, or mana fluid etc.
i cant run with paladin and attack arrows, or with a mage with wand and attack.
its not doing 2 things at same time, i need stop walk to atack/use runes/throw something on the floor etc..

anything can be done to it?

its not doing 2 things at same time, i need stop walk to atack/use runes/throw something on the floor etc..
because this is real tibia 🤭

no, unless you are ready (and capable of) to edit compiled code in the game's binary

it worked for me! i have the server running, but i figured some strange things.

This is proof that alot of players are polluted by garbage OTserv behaviour.

This is literally cipsoft files of original tibia 7.7, it does not get more real than this...

The amount of times I've had to whip out a TibiCam recording to prove True 7.x behaviour is insane, and sometimes people still won't believe you.
If it wasn't for these files and TibiCam we'd be doomed.

Anyway, if you wan't to change these behaviours I'd suggest looking for a OT distro, such as nostalrius 7.72 and apply those changes.
Will be much easier than to mess with this.

This is proof that alot of players are polluted by garbage OTserv behaviour.

This is literally cipsoft files of original tibia 7.7, it does not get more real than this...

The amount of times I've had to whip out a TibiCam recording to prove True 7.x behaviour is insane, and sometimes people still won't believe you.
If it wasn't for these files and TibiCam we'd be doomed.

Anyway, if you wan't to change these behaviours I'd suggest looking for a OT distro, such as nostalrius 7.72 and apply those changes.
Will be much easier than to mess with this.
i think, when i used to play tibia many years ago, i was with so much high ping/lag/delay, that i dont feel how the real mechanic was.

i remember that i could use UH running, and attack arrows as a paladin without stop running. But dont i used to walk smoth like i do nowadays.

maybe the lag disguised the feeling that i could make 2 actions in a row.

Future improvements​

Some ideas for the community to improve this even further:
  • Provide a docker with everything already set up
  • Provide the download link to a VM with everything pre-installed
  • Automate the step of editing the client hex
  • Document known issues
  • When installing packages, use static versions to avoid breaking changings when downloading recent libs
  • Improve security
  • Provide all files in a single zip
  • Automatically download files if they don't exist
  • Turn it into an installer
  • Include a GUI for creating accounts
  • Add instructions to securely set it up for others to join your server
the install is already really easy. trust me, running ubuntu is actually the hardest part.

more useful would be some support/documentation on how and what we can do without getting mocked by any experts around. something like:
  • assign character rights/commands/ edit stats
  • do a proper server save
  • clean the map/ change houses
  • switch pvp mode
  • backup characters with inventory (to use as future template for new chars idk)
stuff like that would be brilliant next steps to see

OK something worth to mention for noobs like me: the script extracted game.tarball to another folder outside of the user folder where in we start the server.

in files click "different directories", "computer", "/home", "/game".

here u find all things related to editing game, like for example use the clean original map.

to unlock these and get permission to edit files, type in terminal:
sudo chmod -R 777 /home/game

simply press Ctrl+C in each terminal to stop the services in reverse order
i wanted to emphasise this because it does work to save the server state, which wasn't clear to me before.

Due to a sudden resurgence of people interested in hosting the leaked 7.7 server, I came up with a script to automate all the steps outlined in the excellent tutorial by @Crevasse, and also took the opportunity to make some improvements to work on a more recent version of Ubuntu.

All you need to do is to install Ubuntu in a VM, download the required files and run the scripts.

1. Install Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (64 bits) on a virtual machine with VirtualBox​

Simply follow this easy tutorial from Ubuntu, then configure your VM with the recommended settings below:
  • 8 GB of RAM
  • 2 CPU cores
  • 25 GB of disk space
  • Network settings should be configured to use Bridged Adapter, so the VM will get an IP similar to your host PC (e.g.: 192.168.x.x)
Once Ubuntu is up and running, you might want to give sudo permissions to your user, which can be done by running the commands below in a terminal:
Code:
su -
sudo adduser $(whoami) sudo
reboot

2. Download all required files

Go to Crevasse's post and download all attached files. You should have 6 mandatory files and 1 optional:
Also, download the "ot-scripts-xxx.zip" attached to my post and extract all scripts.

3. Install the server​

Make sure all files above are in the same folder on your VM. If you run ls -1, your directory should look like this:
Code:
dennis-libraries.rar
game
install.sh
otserv_schema_data.rar
realotsloginserver-master.zip
realots-query-manager-master.zip
realots-schema-inc-players.zip
start-game-server.sh
start-login-server.sh
start-query-manager.sh
tibia-game.tarball.tar.gz

Run the commands below, which is giving execution permission to all scripts and running the install script:
Code:
sudo chmod +x install.sh start-query-manager.sh start-game-server.sh start-login-server.sh
sudo ./install.sh
Note: the script will ask you to enter a password for the MySQL database user. You can also pass it as an argument to the script, e.g.: sudo ./install.sh mypassword

The installation will take about 5 minutes, depending on your resources and Internet connection.

4. Run all services​

I've included scripts to run the different services required.
Simply run the following commands (in that order) to start up all the services to serve the game, each one in its own terminal:
Code:
sudo ./start-query-manager.sh
sudo ./start-game-server.sh
sudo ./start-login-server.sh

5. Customise the 7.70 client​

In case you don't want to use an IP changer, you can edit the client to point to your VM server.
Code:
test.cipsoft.com
server.tibia.com
server2.tibia.com
tibia1.cipsoft.com
tibia2.cipsoft.com
Note: make sure you replace the remaining characters with 00 bytes. Check this post for more details: Configuration - [Tutorial] Make your custom Tibia Client. (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-make-your-custom-tibia-client.65/)

6. Log in (and have fun)​

• On your VM, open the browser and go to http://localhost/phpmyadmin
  • Sign in with the username "otserv" and the password you provided to this install script
  • Click on the "otserv" database, then the "users" table
  • You can use any "login" and "passwd" to log in to an account on the client

Future improvements​

Some ideas for the community to improve this even further:
  • Provide a docker with everything already set up
  • Provide the download link to a VM with everything pre-installed
  • Automate the step of editing the client hex
  • Document known issues
  • When installing packages, use static versions to avoid breaking changings when downloading recent libs
  • Improve security
  • Provide all files in a single zip
  • Automatically download files if they don't exist
  • Turn it into an installer
  • Include a GUI for creating accounts
  • Add instructions to securely set it up for others to join your server
That is amazing!! Thx for sharing it and for ur time doind these scrpits and posts.

5. Customise the 7.70 client​

In case you don't want to use an IP changer, you can edit the client to point to your VM server.
Code:
test.cipsoft.com
server.tibia.com
server2.tibia.com
tibia1.cipsoft.com
tibia2.cipsoft.com
Note: make sure you replace the remaining characters with 00 bytes. Check this post for more details: Configuration - [Tutorial] Make your custom Tibia Client. (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-make-your-custom-tibia-client.65/)
how to change port 7172 to another?

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to make guilds work? I am using the SQL schema from this tutorial. I have added everything to the relevant tables (I think), but it still doesn't work.

(Also asked here: [Tutorial] How to run a fresh 7.7 Cipsoft Server (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-run-a-fresh-7-7-cipsoft-server.284993/post-2732453))

Edit: Never mind, it was an error in the query manager. Apparently "rank" is a protected name in SQL, so change that to something like "guild_rank" before you compile and it will work.

Last edited:
hi, where can i get a file,
realotsloginserver-master.zip?
cannot download, and cannot find it github

Jeeeeez, its not so obvious how to download from that github. loooool, done it !

Last edited:
With a lot of effort I managed to work my way through setting up a VM with Ubuntu, and I got the OT files in a folder ready for the install per step 3 in SilverFern's tutorial, but when I try to execute the commands provided later in that same step, nothing happens. The terminal just closes when I hit enter after entering commands, and the install doesn't start.

I tried a couple of things, based on what I found on google about command issues:
  • I ran a command involving a $, which was supposed to test if the previously ran command was executed properly. Same thing happened, the terminal just closed when I hit enter.
  • I put gksu in the command, which was supposed to show if the command executed, but instead I got my first actual error, saying the command wasn't found or something.
  • I put in some random gibberish, and the terminal yet again just closed.

Nothing on google seems to provide a solution for this specific problem, which is somehow always the case when something computer-based doesn't work for me - I can never get normal problems, haha.
Does anyone have any idea how I can make it work?

Edit:
I discovered that the place where I try to execute the commands might actually not be where it's supposed to be done, despite it literally saying "Run a Command".
I was led to believe that that command place and the terminal are one at the same, but evidently they're not. So it should be all good now, right? No, because the terminal won't open...
When I click on the terminal it opens like a small tab next to Activities, with a spinning loading wheel, and it loads (tries to open, I presume) for 5 sec, maybe 10 tops, then it goes away and nothing happens - I never get to see the terminal window itself. Does anyone know what to do from here?

Last edited:
With a lot of effort I managed to work my way through setting up a VM with Ubuntu, and I got the OT files in a folder ready for the install per step 3 in SilverFern's tutorial, but when I try to execute the commands provided later in that same step, nothing happens. The terminal just closes when I hit enter after entering commands, and the install doesn't start.

I tried a couple of things, based on what I found on google about command issues:
  • I ran a command involving a $, which was supposed to test if the previously ran command was executed properly. Same thing happened, the terminal just closed when I hit enter.
  • I put gksu in the command, which was supposed to show if the command executed, but instead I got my first actual error, saying the command wasn't found or something.
  • I put in some random gibberish, and the terminal yet again just closed.

Nothing on google seems to provide a solution for this specific problem, which is somehow always the case when something computer-based doesn't work for me - I can never get normal problems, haha.
Does anyone have any idea how I can make it work?

Edit:
I discovered that the place where I try to execute the commands might actually not be where it's supposed to be done, despite it literally saying "Run a Command".
I was led to believe that that command place and the terminal are one at the same, but evidently they're not. So it should be all good now, right? No, because the terminal won't open...
When I click on the terminal it opens like a small tab next to Activities, with a spinning loading wheel, and it loads (tries to open, I presume) for 5 sec, maybe 10 tops, then it goes away and nothing happens - I never get to see the terminal window itself. Does anyone know what to do from here?
Just to clarify, when I say "run a command", I mean launching the Terminal program, then browsing to a specific directory (usually the same directory where the files are located), then entering the commands word by word. Apologies if this isn't too beginner friendly, I guess it does indeed require a bit of experience with some more advanced functions on your PC. I wish I could provide a simple installer with everything inside, but that would compromise me legally.

What you're reporting here usually happens when the commands are incorrect, or the Ubuntu version is different. I'm assuming you set up a VM exactly as instructed, and with the exact same Ubuntu version. If not, please do it so, as it's the only version I was able to test and am sure it works.

Also, I'm assuming you're running the commands from step 3. However, you mention the use of the $ sign, which is not instructed anywhere. Can you paste here the exact command you're running?

The best way for me to help you diagnose the issue were if you recorded your screen. See if you can figure out how to do that, but it's OK if you don't. It would just make it easier.

Back