• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server

Just to clarify, when I say "run a command", I mean launching the Terminal program, then browsing to a specific directory (usually the same directory where the files are located), then entering the commands word by word. Apologies if this isn't too beginner friendly, I guess it does indeed require a bit of experience with some more advanced functions on your PC. I wish I could provide a simple installer with everything inside, but that would compromise me legally.

What you're reporting here usually happens when the commands are incorrect, or the Ubuntu version is different. I'm assuming you set up a VM exactly as instructed, and with the exact same Ubuntu version. If not, please do it so, as it's the only version I was able to test and am sure it works.

Also, I'm assuming you're running the commands from step 3. However, you mention the use of the $ sign, which is not instructed anywhere. Can you paste here the exact command you're running?

The best way for me to help you diagnose the issue were if you recorded your screen. See if you can figure out how to do that, but it's OK if you don't. It would just make it easier.

Your instruction was not the issue. I tried to figure out how to run the commands, and I got fooled by someone on the internet saying to hit alt+f2 to open it, and the resulting box looked very right. When I eventually realized my mistake, I found other posts explaining that box to be something else. But you might have actually solved the problem for me already; the Ubuntu version i installed was 22.04.3 rather than 22.04.2. I figured that one version newer wouldn't be a problem. I guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall the Ubuntu and reinstall the correct version and hope the terminal works better there.

Also, I'm sorry if the $ thing was confusing, I meant that that was a thing I found that supposedly helps test if commands are working, so I used it to try to find what was wrong, and I included it in my post to better show the big picture of my situation. But that's irrelevant now as I was using the wrong function at the time.

Edit: Is it even possible to get the correct version now that the newer one is out? I can't find a download for it anywhere :/

Last edited:
Your instruction was not the issue. I tried to figure out how to run the commands, and I got fooled by someone on the internet saying to hit alt+f2 to open it, and the resulting box looked very right. When I eventually realized my mistake, I found other posts explaining that box to be something else. But you might have actually solved the problem for me already; the Ubuntu version i installed was 22.04.3 rather than 22.04.2. I figured that one version newer wouldn't be a problem. I guess I'll have to figure out how to uninstall the Ubuntu and reinstall the correct version and hope the terminal works better there.

Also, I'm sorry if the $ thing was confusing, I meant that that was a thing I found that supposedly helps test if commands are working, so I used it to try to find what was wrong, and I included it in my post to better show the big picture of my situation. But that's irrelevant now as I was using the wrong function at the time.

Edit: Is it even possible to get the correct version now that the newer one is out? I can't find a download for it anywhere :/

I noticed that Ubuntu removed version 22.04.2 from their website. You should be fine with 22.04.3, as that's just a minor release (notice how only the last number changed) and it should contain bugfixes only.

Let me know how you get on, and share the error messages (with screenshots too, preferably) in case you come across any issues.

I noticed that Ubuntu removed version 22.04.2 from their website. You should be fine with 22.04.3, as that's just a minor release (notice how only the last number changed) and it should contain bugfixes only.

Let me know how you get on, and share the error messages (with screenshots too, preferably) in case you come across any issues.

I reinstalled Ubuntu and the terminal still didn't work. However, this time I managed to find a fix; changing the language made it work. Now I'm back at the step where I enter the command to start the install of the 7.70 server, and my new problem is that I get this message:
"(username) is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."
I tried to find a fix, but it's all making my brain melt. The only thing I could try that made any sense at all was changing to root user to give my regular user full access, but that was supposedly done with a command and entering of my password, and I just got the same message about not being in the sudoers file again.

Do you happen to have a way for me to get around this? It's supposedly a common beginner error, yet I can't find an easy fix in human words.

Edit: To clarify, I did enter the early step commands to give myself sudo permissions, and that triggered something that made it seem like it worked just fine, so this is not a case of having skipped those.

here it is
Once Ubuntu is up and running, you might want to give sudo permissions to your user, which can be done by running the commands below in a terminal:

Code:
su -
sudo adduser $(whoami) sudo
reboot

my bad

i had to use:
sudo chmod -R 777 /home/game
before to get permission to make edits in game

i guess it won't work for u 🙈

also, remember u can get other terminals in appstore. i did that few times always works

oh btw did u reboot?

my bad

i had to use:
before to get permission to make edits in game

i guess it won't work for u 🙈

also, remember u can get other terminals in appstore. i did that few times always works

oh btw did u reboot?

That chmod command is for after I've managed to complete the install, right? I tried it now and it couldn't find home/game, which I'm guessing doesn't exist yet. And yes, I did reboot. I also keep being asked to put in my password after seemingly every command, and then it keeps giving me the missing user error. But now I tried something new. I simply put in "su -", the first of the permissions commands, and it prompts me to give a password that puts me as root user and allows me to execute commands. So perhaps I can have things working if I simply put this "su -" command before every time I do something. I did however read something about how being in root mode can break the entire OS and should be avoided, but I don't know how to fix this so I have proper access all the time.
Well, actually, in the middle of writing this post this I realized that with this root thing maybe I can fix the access, and I found a command online ("adduser (username) sudo") which seems to have finally fixed my access error, as I can now execute commands without problems.
But I immediately encountered a new problem, which is that the terminal doesn't find the install files when I try to execute the command for the scripts to install it.
SilverFern said "Just to clarify, when I say "run a command", I mean launching the Terminal program, then browsing to a specific directory (usually the same directory where the files are located), then entering the commands word by word."
So it appears that one detail not in the tutorial is how to do this part. I just open the terminal and put in the commands. Browsing to locations through the terminal was an unexpected process I wouldn't have guessed is a thing, but I guess I will try to find how it's done. None of the buttons in the terminal seem to have a feature like that, so I'm already a little lost again. It's crazy how every step of this process poses some new problem, haha.

Edit: I did it!!! I found the cd command and managed to execute the install and it did it! I feel like a god or something, haha. Couldn't stop laughing in joy as I watched it all install, it was incredible. I'm so close to getting to play Tibia now :D
I suppose there's still things left to do and figure out, like an acc creator and the magic system change files and a bunch of things like that, but with a running server I feel like nothing should be able to stop me from actually getting to play Tibia again, so I'm ecstatic right now!

Edit again: I'm confused about step 5. It says customise the client, but then it also says it's instructions for people that don't want to use an IP changer. Can I not edit stuff if I use an IP changer? Also, where do I get the correct IP changer if I do need one, there's no mentioning of that?
I'm also confused about step 6, is all the stuff in the localhost OT files I can edit for the server? The list of users it mentions that I can log on, are those accounts with characters from real Tibia from when the files were leaked, so the point of that is if I want to use already existing characters? I would rather delete all of those if it's possible, which I'm guessing is part of the tutorial by tarantonio, which is on my to do list.
One more question. Where do I find the game files after the install? I figured I can try doing the tarantonio map and char cleaning thing while waiting for answers about the other things, but it requires editing of some files and I see nowhere they could be. The only new thing that I see showing up anywhere is a few empty folders with locks on them.

Last edited:
put a backup now and before making changes

in file browser choose "other locations", then computer>home>game

unlock with command:

close server when u change things, ctrl c
some things u change in sql otserv webpage 127.0.0.1
other things in game folder
and some in both?

play around have fun and gratz with ur ots lol
😛

if u have time read the posts a bit, there's script for new char etc

put a backup now and before making changes

in file browser choose "other locations", then computer>home>game

unlock with command:

close server when u change things, ctrl c
some things u change in sql otserv webpage 127.0.0.1
other things in game folder
and some in both?

play around have fun and gratz with ur ots lol
😛

if u have time read the posts a bit, there's script for new char etc

The file browser and unlocking command worked perfectly, thank you!

How do I make a backup, and what am I backing up? The entire OT? In windows I could just copy a folder or something to do that, but in Ubuntu everything's a mess when you're not familiar with it so I wouldn't know how to properly back it all up.

Don't congratulate me just yet though, this part is even harder than the Ubuntu part as I could at least google most things there but it's very hard to find answers to the Tibia related stuff if it's not already clear in the tutorials and download posts. I'm probably gonna have a lot more questions about it, haha. I still don't even know about the Tibia client itself and the IP changer if I need one. Right now all I think I could do is the map cleaning thing (thanks to you :) ) and start the server, everything else I still need to figure out. I will work on it tomorrow. Thanks!

That chmod command is for after I've managed to complete the install, right? I tried it now and it couldn't find home/game, which I'm guessing doesn't exist yet. And yes, I did reboot. I also keep being asked to put in my password after seemingly every command, and then it keeps giving me the missing user error. But now I tried something new. I simply put in "su -", the first of the permissions commands, and it prompts me to give a password that puts me as root user and allows me to execute commands. So perhaps I can have things working if I simply put this "su -" command before every time I do something. I did however read something about how being in root mode can break the entire OS and should be avoided, but I don't know how to fix this so I have proper access all the time.
Well, actually, in the middle of writing this post this I realized that with this root thing maybe I can fix the access, and I found a command online ("adduser (username) sudo") which seems to have finally fixed my access error, as I can now execute commands without problems.
But I immediately encountered a new problem, which is that the terminal doesn't find the install files when I try to execute the command for the scripts to install it.
SilverFern said "Just to clarify, when I say "run a command", I mean launching the Terminal program, then browsing to a specific directory (usually the same directory where the files are located), then entering the commands word by word."
So it appears that one detail not in the tutorial is how to do this part. I just open the terminal and put in the commands. Browsing to locations through the terminal was an unexpected process I wouldn't have guessed is a thing, but I guess I will try to find how it's done. None of the buttons in the terminal seem to have a feature like that, so I'm already a little lost again. It's crazy how every step of this process poses some new problem, haha.

Edit: I did it!!! I found the cd command and managed to execute the install and it did it! I feel like a god or something, haha. Couldn't stop laughing in joy as I watched it all install, it was incredible. I'm so close to getting to play Tibia now :D
I suppose there's still things left to do and figure out, like an acc creator and the magic system change files and a bunch of things like that, but with a running server I feel like nothing should be able to stop me from actually getting to play Tibia again, so I'm ecstatic right now!
I'm curious on how you're running the terminal commands as described in the guide, because I installed the server several times and never had any of these issues. Anyway, I'm happy you're now getting closer to playing the game.

Can I not edit stuff if I use an IP changer?
What do you mean by "edit stuff"? If you're referring to things like player data, map, items, etc, then yes you can edit them all. The IP changer is just a tool that will redirect requests to your own server instead of the official Tibia server.

Also, where do I get the correct IP changer if I do need one, there's no mentioning of that?
The reason my guide doesn't have step by step instructions to use an IP changer is that I've heard complaints of some apps coming with malware. I prefer much more to edit the original executable, as it's a one time job and you don't need to install anything extra. It's up to you though, just Google "IP changer Tibia 7.7" (make sure it supports the exact client version).

I'm also confused about step 6, is all the stuff in the localhost OT files I can edit for the server? The list of users it mentions that I can log on, are those accounts with characters from real Tibia from when the files were leaked, so the point of that is if I want to use already existing characters?
When installing the server, a database is set up with real players from that time. You can create your own characters, just use a proper tool like Gesior2012, or this quick script I put up in another post. Editing a player however is a bit more complicated, as it requires changes to several files and database entries. If you want to just log in to an existing player, check out my post here. Particularly I don't see a need to delete the existing players, unless you want to create a char with a name that's already taken.

Where do I find the game files after the install?
You're probably referring to the game database file instead, where all the map, chars, creatures, items, houses, etc are defined. They're all in the "/home/game" directory, which can only be accessed by root users by default. To access them, do this:

• Launch the Terminal anywhere
  • Enter the command sudo -i
  • Enter your sudo password
  • Enter the command cd /home/game ; nautilus . to open the file manager as sudo at the correct directory.
Experiment changing some of the files, like:
  • "dat": there are files for the spawns (monster.db), items (objects.srv) and houses
  • "map" and "origmap": the former is the current state of the map (e.g.: with items on the ground, changes made by players), and the later is the map after server save. The entire map is split into sections, try to figure out how it works. Just make sure you don't add new squares - instead, just edit the existing ones. You can also use a map editor, but I haven't used one in a long time, as I mostly play the original map.
  • "mon": creatures
  • "npc": npcs
  • "usr": players

I'm curious on how you're running the terminal commands as described in the guide, because I installed the server several times and never had any of these issues. Anyway, I'm happy you're now getting closer to playing the game.

What do you mean by "edit stuff"? If you're referring to things like player data, map, items, etc, then yes you can edit them all. The IP changer is just a tool that will redirect requests to your own server instead of the official Tibia server.

The reason my guide doesn't have step by step instructions to use an IP changer is that I've heard complaints of some apps coming with malware. I prefer much more to edit the original executable, as it's a one time job and you don't need to install anything extra. It's up to you though, just Google "IP changer Tibia 7.7" (make sure it supports the exact client version).

When installing the server, a database is set up with real players from that time. You can create your own characters, just use a proper tool like Gesior2012, or this quick script I put up in another post. Editing a player however is a bit more complicated, as it requires changes to several files and database entries. If you want to just log in to an existing player, check out my post here. Particularly I don't see a need to delete the existing players, unless you want to create a char with a name that's already taken.

You're probably referring to the game database file instead, where all the map, chars, creatures, items, houses, etc are defined. They're all in the "/home/game" directory, which can only be accessed by root users by default. To access them, do this:

• Launch the Terminal anywhere
  • Enter the command sudo -i
  • Enter your sudo password
  • Enter the command cd /home/game ; nautilus . to open the file manager as sudo at the correct directory.
Experiment changing some of the files, like:
  • "dat": there are files for the spawns (monster.db), items (objects.srv) and houses
  • "map" and "origmap": the former is the current state of the map (e.g.: with items on the ground, changes made by players), and the later is the map after server save. The entire map is split into sections, try to figure out how it works. Just make sure you don't add new squares - instead, just edit the existing ones. You can also use a map editor, but I haven't used one in a long time, as I mostly play the original map.
  • "mon": creatures
  • "npc": npcs
  • "usr": players

I can't be bothered figuring out multi quotes right now on top of everything else, so I'll make this post a bit more simple if you don't mind. I'll put my questions in bold to make it easier to respond to my queries.

I'm unsure why the commands in the terminal originally failed to give me access. I just copy pasted the permission ones from your post, and they basically told me it worked, then I still didn't have access. Everything else was figured out, what I did wrong and whatnot, and is working now. But as I'm clueless about how this stuff works, I'm afraid I can only look at the result and shrug my shoulders about it.

By "edit stuff" I meant the customisation that was mentioned in step 5. I was just a little confused about how it was put with the IP changer. I know they just redirect you, but I had to make sure they don't also fill other functions nowadays or something. It's important to be thorough with all of these confusing new things that could mess everything up if I don't do them right.
Doing the stuff without the IP changer sounds like a lot of work, and I have enough of that to figure out, so I think I'll take my chances as I never had an issue with them in the past and my AV is strong.
I can put the Tibia client and IP changer on my Windows, right? They don't need to be inside Ubuntu like everything else? (it makes no sense that they would, since anyone is supposed to be able to join from anywhere, but since anything beyond joining a server and playing on it is rocket science to me I wanna make sure, like maybe I need them to be in Ubuntu for gamemaster reasons or something)

If I can clean up the server and house owners, maybe letting the old chars exist could be okay, but it'd feel better to get rid of it all and have a completely fresh server. The only reason I'd see to leave them alone is if I can put up a website with a highscore and have them appear on it, as I love fighting for highscore spots and can't otherwise do that when I play alone. Would this be possible? (making a highscore with all those old chars on it - not an important thing, more of a bonus)

When you're talking about editing things, like the map etc, does this mean I can literally customise the server?
I saw some post claiming this server can't be customised, that that stuff is buried deep in the binary (which I don't even know what it is). I have no interest in editing things a bunch away from vanilla Tibia, but if it is possible I'd love the option to change rates, and possibly a couple of other small things. If there's soul points in the server that would be the most important thing for me to get rid of, in whatever way that makes me not have to regenerate them.
Can I do that with the editing stuff you explained? Change rates, perhaps negate soul points in some way, and other customisations like that?

I can't be bothered figuring out multi quotes right now on top of everything else, so I'll make this post a bit more simple if you don't mind. I'll put my questions in bold to make it easier to respond to my queries.

I'm unsure why the commands in the terminal originally failed to give me access. I just copy pasted the permission ones from your post, and they basically told me it worked, then I still didn't have access. Everything else was figured out, what I did wrong and whatnot, and is working now. But as I'm clueless about how this stuff works, I'm afraid I can only look at the result and shrug my shoulders about it.

By "edit stuff" I meant the customisation that was mentioned in step 5. I was just a little confused about how it was put with the IP changer. I know they just redirect you, but I had to make sure they don't also fill other functions nowadays or something. It's important to be thorough with all of these confusing new things that could mess everything up if I don't do them right.
Doing the stuff without the IP changer sounds like a lot of work, and I have enough of that to figure out, so I think I'll take my chances as I never had an issue with them in the past and my AV is strong.
I can put the Tibia client and IP changer on my Windows, right? They don't need to be inside Ubuntu like everything else? (it makes no sense that they would, since anyone is supposed to be able to join from anywhere, but since anything beyond joining a server and playing on it is rocket science to me I wanna make sure, like maybe I need them to be in Ubuntu for gamemaster reasons or something)

If I can clean up the server and house owners, maybe letting the old chars exist could be okay, but it'd feel better to get rid of it all and have a completely fresh server. The only reason I'd see to leave them alone is if I can put up a website with a highscore and have them appear on it, as I love fighting for highscore spots and can't otherwise do that when I play alone. Would this be possible? (making a highscore with all those old chars on it - not an important thing, more of a bonus)

When you're talking about editing things, like the map etc, does this mean I can literally customise the server?
I saw some post claiming this server can't be customised, that that stuff is buried deep in the binary (which I don't even know what it is). I have no interest in editing things a bunch away from vanilla Tibia, but if it is possible I'd love the option to change rates, and possibly a couple of other small things. If there's soul points in the server that would be the most important thing for me to get rid of, in whatever way that makes me not have to regenerate them.
Can I do that with the editing stuff you explained? Change rates, perhaps negate soul points in some way, and other customisations like that?
Good to know that you're figuring out most of it by yourself. If issues like these happen again, it will be much easier for us to help you when you paste here a screenshot as well, as I still have no idea what happened with the failed commands. Another tip: if things start going south, just start it over again - delete your VM machine and follow the steps closely.

Just a note about step 5, when I said "Customise the client", I didn't mean the database customisation (map, items, etc). What I meant instead was to edit the client's executable in order to communicate with your own server. I understand though how the term may have caused confusion. Unfortunately I can't edit the post after 24 hours, but I hope it's clearer now.

I can put the Tibia client and IP changer on my Windows, right? They don't need to be inside Ubuntu like everything else?
Yes you can. I don't use IP changers so might be wrong here, but as far as I know you only need them in the operating system where your Tibia client is installed, so no need to have them in your Ubuntu. Just a reminder, you probably need to send the IP changer with your IP settings to your friends so they can connect their client (must be the exact same client btw) with your server. I'm afraid I don't have much else to add here, but hopefully someone else can chip in, or in the worst case you can find more information in this forum.

Yes this is totally possible, but might not be trivial for someone less experienced with programming or software integrations.

When you're talking about editing things, like the map etc, does this mean I can literally customise the server? I saw some post claiming this server can't be customised, that that stuff is buried deep in the binary (which I don't even know what it is). I have no interest in editing things a bunch away from vanilla Tibia, but if it is possible I'd love the option to change rates, and possibly a couple of other small things. If there's soul points in the server that would be the most important thing for me to get rid of, in whatever way that makes me not have to regenerate them.

In theory you can customise pretty much anything. Some things - like the map, items and creatures - can be easily changed through those files I mentioned earlier. Some other things - like skill/level rates and combat formulas - are much harder because they're not in configurable text files. Instead, they're "hardcoded" in the source code or in the binary files, which requires much more experience as a programmer. For instance, see this post where I show how to edit the idle timeout by editing the client's binary. Let's say you want to change the skill rate, you probably need to do something similar on some of the server files, recompile them, etc. It's not easy, but to be honest it was never meant to be easy anyway, because this server is meant to deliver the same experience from the original Tibia 7.7, including all challenges, limitations and flaws from that time. For high customisable servers, you might be better off with something like The Forgotten Server.

hey while you're around, do you know how to change world configuration from regular pvp to pvp-e?

hey while you're around, do you know how to change world configuration from regular pvp to pvp-e?
I've never changed the pvp mode in this server, but I've got a feeling this is only possible by editing the game binary on the server.

You'll likely need to do something like I did in this post: edit the binary file (the game server file this time, not the client) with a disassembler, then search for a part of the code that seems to be what you want, then figure out the new value to be replaced with, then finally update the value in the correct memory address with a hex editor.

Good to know that you're figuring out most of it by yourself. If issues like these happen again, it will be much easier for us to help you when you paste here a screenshot as well, as I still have no idea what happened with the failed commands. Another tip: if things start going south, just start it over again - delete your VM machine and follow the steps closely.

Just a note about step 5, when I said "Customise the client", I didn't mean the database customisation (map, items, etc). What I meant instead was to edit the client's executable in order to communicate with your own server. I understand though how the term may have caused confusion. Unfortunately I can't edit the post after 24 hours, but I hope it's clearer now.

Yes you can. I don't use IP changers so might be wrong here, but as far as I know you only need them in the operating system where your Tibia client is installed, so no need to have them in your Ubuntu. Just a reminder, you probably need to send the IP changer with your IP settings to your friends so they can connect their client (must be the exact same client btw) with your server. I'm afraid I don't have much else to add here, but hopefully someone else can chip in, or in the worst case you can find more information in this forum.

Yes this is totally possible, but might not be trivial for someone less experienced with programming or software integrations.

In theory you can customise pretty much anything. Some things - like the map, items and creatures - can be easily changed through those files I mentioned earlier. Some other things - like skill/level rates and combat formulas - are much harder because they're not in configurable text files. Instead, they're "hardcoded" in the source code or in the binary files, which requires much more experience as a programmer. For instance, see this post where I show how to edit the idle timeout by editing the client's binary. Let's say you want to change the skill rate, you probably need to do something similar on some of the server files, recompile them, etc. It's not easy, but to be honest it was never meant to be easy anyway, because this server is meant to deliver the same experience from the original Tibia 7.7, including all challenges, limitations and flaws from that time. For high customisable servers, you might be better off with something like The Forgotten Server.

I got an IP changer and it came with multi client built in, so that's one less thing to worry about (I still need to see if it works though, I haven't even launched the server yet as I want to sort out everything else before I try to play).

I definitely won't mess around with all that customisation of the server. Even the rates are fine as they are. I want Tibia that is as close to Tibia 7.4 as possible, I just would've considered maybe changing a couple of small things like the rates and making things closer to 7.4 (like removing the need for worms, soul points, and spears breaking). The soul points will be by far the biggest nuisance though. I saw it mentioned that maybe they can be dealt with through GM commands or something, do you know if that is possible? Just any way of dealing with them so I don't have to break up my manasitting all the time.
While I'm on the topic of making things like 7.4; Do you happen to know how I can use the changes from Zangi Highgrove's post here?
As it's a random post within a thread it's hard to find info about it. Do I just chuck those files somewhere? Do I replace some files with them? getema27 mentioned before that it's really easy to do, but I don't know the specifics, like where to put them.

A couple of other remaining questions:
Where can I find the IP of my server?
I swear I saw something before about char/acc creation and a website which sounded like you basically get a website (I assume a very basic one) where you create your account, but now all I can find is the Gesior account creator, which I only see a GitHub download for and I have no idea how to use it, so your char creation script seems a lot easier, but what I'm wondering is does it only create single characters without an account? I'm guessing that a website full of info is hard to set up, based on your response about potential highscores, but ideally I'd like a basic website with my account and maybe at least a char page where I can search and look at them. If I can't have that, it'd be nice to be able to at least have an account to gather chars on. If not, I can live with single characters too. So I'm kinda fishing for my options and how things might work, and what exactly happens if I try to use your script, like what do I end up with.

I think these might (hopefully) be the last few things I need sorted before I can start playing. I have no interest in messing around with hardly anything once I have a working OT, I can live with most things and just want to play, so I should hopefully be set for the long run once I have the magic changes files in place and know the char creation stuff. Unless some problem or difficulty shows up when I then start it all up, but fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly and that I'm past all the dealing with issues along the way now.

Edit: I almost forgot one important thing; How do houses work? Since it's full vanilla I'm guessing there's no way the stand-in-front-of-house-to-buy-it method is there, but there's also no website (and even if I manage to get one with Gesior or something, I'm guessing it doesn't include houses?), so what do I have to do to get myself a house?

Last edited:
The soul points will be by far the biggest nuisance though. I saw it mentioned that maybe they can be dealt with through GM commands or something, do you know if that is possible?
Sorry I wouldn't know. It's worth it to search for it again on the forum, I recall someone posting the full list of GM commands available on this server.

While I'm on the topic of making things like 7.4; Do you happen to know how I can use the changes from Zangi Highgrove's post here?
As it's a random post within a thread it's hard to find info about it. Do I just chuck those files somewhere? Do I replace some files with them? getema27 mentioned before that it's really easy to do, but I don't know the specifics, like where to put them.
These seem to be the files somewhere inside the "/home/game" directory, but you're better off asking them directly.
I suggest you download their zip and compare the files content with the ones in your server. Changes like these require a lot of experimentation, just don't forget to restart the server services for the changes to take effect.

Where can I find the IP of my server?
Your server will have 2 IPs, you probably need the public one instead of the internal one, so you can share it with your friends. Run this command on the terminal to find it: wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain | xargs echo

your char creation script seems a lot easier, but what I'm wondering is does it only create single characters without an account?
When running my script, it asks for the account ID. You can provide one that already exists to add the char to that account.

How do houses work? Since it's full vanilla I'm guessing there's no way the stand-in-front-of-house-to-buy-it method is there, but there's also no website (and even if I manage to get one with Gesior or something, I'm guessing it doesn't include houses?), so what do I have to do to get myself a house?
I'm not experienced with this, but you should try editing the file "/home/game/dat/owners.dat", then restart the server for the changes to take effect.
The file has several entries that look like this:

Code:
ID = 10003
Owner = 10389286
LastTransition = 1147857007
PaidUntil = 1150449007
Guests = {"saria alia","alan garea","Knight Xiaolim","Celestian Style Mage","Heaven Lights Shaman","Rave'Master"}
Subowners = {"caprates","iaia de zanera"}

• ID is the house ID, must be one of the IDs in the file "/home/game/dat/houses.dat"
  • Owner is the char ID, must be one of the IDs inside "/home/game/usr"
  • LastTransition is when the house was rented. Use a tool like the Epoch Converter to convert this timestamp format to a "human-readable" format, and vice-versa.
  • PaidUntil is when the rent expires. Same format as the LastTransition.
  • Guests is a list of char names that are invited to your house as guests
  • Subowners is a list of char names that have subowner priviledges, such as inviting guests
You might need to do something in the MySQL database too, but I'm not sure.
Post automatically merged:

It is submitted by the querymanager along with the other world config (upon the game server start).

That's right, just saw it in the "realots-query-manager-master/main.cpp" file, line 1149:

Code:
writeMsg.addByte(0);          // World Type (0 = normal pvp, 1 = non-pvp, 2 = pvp enforced)

Either you change that before running my install script, or you'll need to manually recompile the querymanager:

Code:
make -C realots-query-manager-master

I haven't tested this myself, so let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
"realots-query-manager-master/main.cpp" file, line 1149:

Code:
writeMsg.addByte(0);          // World Type (0 = normal pvp, 1 = non-pvp, 2 = pvp enforced)

Either you change that before running my install script, or you'll need to manually recompile the querymanager:

Code:
make -C realots-query-manager-master

I haven't tested this myself, so let us know how it goes.
fk the rain it works lol @SilverFern ty for sharing

@kay ty2 for assist ⚽

Last edited:
Back