• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching for a custom low-rate RPG server

Hello!
I've been trying to find a good server for quite a long time, unfortunately all the ones I've seen either do not meet my requirements or are dead. That's why I thought maybe someone on OtLand could advise something in this matter.
Well you can always try Whi World, to get a taste of something completely new. I do not meet all the requirements, but close enuf.

Prolly you have seen my server before and assumed its "dead" because there are rarely any players playing on it nowadays.
Well in a sense of playerbase yes it is quite dead. There is about 2 weeks of content and server has been online 2 years.
However the project is constantly being improved and every now and then someone new or old user returns, to check out the updates.

Your requirements:
– with low exp rate (≤10, if rate is staged, all stages need to meet this requirement)
You only get experience when completing missions and quests​
– with a custom map;
Yep, full custom. 50% is detailed​
– with open PVP;
In upcoming patches PvP will be enabled again.​
– with regular or greater death penalties (slightly lower are also acceptable);
Well death penalties exist, but prolly none of the players will reach to the point where they get harsh.​
– without any non lore-justified teleports;
Well it would be easier to say there are no teleports here, but actually there are shortcuts and teleport system which has nothing to do with lore.
Although these teleports are completely different compared to the evo servers and you prolly will like them if you figure out how to use them and find out where they are.​
– without any trainers (this includes Offline Training);
You only get skills from arranging skillpoints. Which you get from completing tasks or leveling up.​
– with more or less balanced vocations;
I like to think they are very balanced by now. But I do have new items and item upgrades which not tested in pvp.
But compared to any other server, balancing simply takes minutes of my time, because of the way my game is built.​
– with quite slow hp and mana regen;
Pretty much only source for regen is food, which is fast, but food is very limited consumeable​
– with capacity, food and ammunition;
Capacity, o yea, I think everyone complain about this xD, but this is will remain one of the most important stats of a player.​
– with a convenient UI (it's mostly about custom clients, but if it's a regular one, it should have item hotkeys and NPC trade system from 8.2);
UI wont come any time soon, however entire server is built around the fact it will have custom UI (which most often makes things even more complicated than they should be right now)​
– with strictly prohibited use of bots (preferably account deletion as the first and only penalty).
Well you can use for bots, but you will realize that the game is designed to kill all unintelligent players. Which all the bots nowdays are in tibia.

Well you can always try Whi World, to get a taste of something completely new. I do not meet all the requirements, but close enuf.

Prolly you have seen my server before and assumed its "dead" because there are rarely any players playing on it nowadays.
Well in a sense of playerbase yes it is quite dead. There is about 2 weeks of content and server has been online 2 years.
However the project is constantly being improved and every now and then someone new or old user returns, to check out the updates.

Your requirements:
– with low exp rate (≤10, if rate is staged, all stages need to meet this requirement)
You only get experience when completing missions and quests​
– with a custom map;
Yep, full custom. 50% is detailed​
– with open PVP;
In upcoming patches PvP will be enabled again.​
– with regular or greater death penalties (slightly lower are also acceptable);
Well death penalties exist, but prolly none of the players will reach to the point where they get harsh.​
– without any non lore-justified teleports;
Well it would be easier to say there are no teleports here, but actually there are shortcuts and teleport system which has nothing to do with lore.
Although these teleports are completely different compared to the evo servers and you prolly will like them if you figure out how to use them and find out where they are.​
– without any trainers (this includes Offline Training);
You only get skills from arranging skillpoints. Which you get from completing tasks or leveling up.​
– with more or less balanced vocations;
I like to think they are very balanced by now. But I do have new items and item upgrades which not tested in pvp.
But compared to any other server, balancing simply takes minutes of my time, because of the way my game is built.​
– with quite slow hp and mana regen;
Pretty much only source for regen is food, which is fast, but food is very limited consumeable​
– with capacity, food and ammunition;
Capacity, o yea, I think everyone complain about this xD, but this is will remain one of the most important stats of a player.​
– with a convenient UI (it's mostly about custom clients, but if it's a regular one, it should have item hotkeys and NPC trade system from 8.2);
UI wont come any time soon, however entire server is built around the fact it will have custom UI (which most often makes things even more complicated than they should be right now)​
– with strictly prohibited use of bots (preferably account deletion as the first and only penalty).
Well you can use for bots, but you will realize that the game is designed to kill all unintelligent players. Which all the bots nowdays are in tibia.​
I recognize the name of your server, which probably means I've already come across it. Anyway, judging by your description alone there are simply too many things I do not like about your server, the most important one being the allowed use of bots. I don't think I will ever play on a server which allows any kind of bots.

Anti-bump: Move your lazy ass and find it for yourself... You have bigger requirements than spoiled arabic prince on vacations. Btw. Those hardcore, borderline masochist, RPG servers are long dead. People like bots, offline trains, not losing entire EQ because of stupid death, etc.

I recognize the name of your server, which probably means I've already come across it. Anyway, judging by your description alone there are simply too many things I do not like about your server, the most important one being the allowed use of bots. I don't think I will ever play on a server which allows any kind of bots.
Just try bot and you realize, instead of spending time to create a bot what fits to my game, you would have already completed the game.
I'm just not worried about bots, because its simply too much work to make them useful in my server

First You should worry about apparent lack of players interested in your server, then you should worry about bots :D

Anti-bump: Move your lazy ass and find it for yourself... You have bigger requirements than spoiled arabic prince on vacations. Btw. Those hardcore, borderline masochist, RPG servers are long dead. People like bots, offline trains, not losing entire EQ because of stupid death, etc.
Thank you for your opinion. I check the otservlist once in a while, but since I haven't found a good server yet, I decided to ask here. It doesn't hurt anyone, does it? And I don't care what you think about my requirements. You know, there are people who prefer games that actually have some RPG feeling. I know that most OTSes are very far from being RPG, but since Tibia has a lot of potential in this matter, a good RPG server might actually pop up some day, who knows?

-----
(these were two seperate messages at first, but a moderator has merged them for some reason)
-----

I've just found a nice server which meets all my requirements with one exception as Offline Training is available here, but it's not much of an issue for me. The problem is the playerbase is very small for now, but it started a few days ago, so hopefully this will change in the future.

Edit:
The server has been closed.

Last edited:
Observe Ruthless Chaos. It might fit your preferences and next era should come online anytime soon (think it is delayed but didn't follow it recently).

Observe Ruthless Chaos. It might fit your preferences and next era should come online anytime soon (think it is delayed but didn't follow it recently).
I think it's the best server I've played on so far (I really enjoyed that survival, single-player-like experience when you chose the other ship), but there were a few things I did not like:
- almost disabled death penalities until level 50;
- disabled PVP until level 50;
- homestones.
(Edit: Oh, and I think there was Offline Training, too, but personally I did not reach the part where it was available)

But I think I'll still check it out when the new season starts.

It doesn't hurt anyone, does it?
It creates unnecessary and useless junk on the front page of OpenTibia/Discussion section. Like I said before your requirements are ridiculous. If You didn't find any active server since the last year, then this should be clear sign that your expectation are too high for Tibia and You should either lower them or find other game...
If something like not being able to lose anything or fight players until 50lvl is putting some much emotional effect/stress on You and makes you dislike the while experience, then I doubt You'll find any server that satisfy your odd needs.

It creates unnecessary and useless junk on the front page of OpenTibia/Discussion section. Like I said before your requirements are ridiculous. If You didn't find any active server since the last year, then this should be clear sign that your expectation are too high for Tibia and You should either lower them or find other game...
If something like not being able to lose anything or fight players until 50lvl is putting some much emotional effect/stress on You and makes you dislike the while experience, then I doubt You'll find any server that satisfy your odd needs.
If I find a server which meets my requirements – that's fine. If I don't – that's okay, too.
And you do realize that every pointless post you write here makes "unnecessary and useless junk" appear on the front page, right?

I recognize the name of your server, which probably means I've already come across it. Anyway, judging by your description alone there are simply too many things I do not like about your server, the most important one being the allowed use of bots
It still kinda bothers me, you haven't given any legit reason why Whi World doesn't fit to your needs.

You think you do not like my server, you think you have played it before, you think my server has bot problems.
I think if you could give better reasons why some custom servers you actually tried, do not satisfy you.
Feedback improves all custom servers, perhaps eventually one of them is improved to your liking.

For the bot thing, no need to take my word for it.
This server isn't like anything I've played before. The experience system is a little odd; I've got mixed emotions about it. On one hand, it is probably the best anti-bot technique to hit the OTs. Killing creatures is easy with a bot. However, especially with the way you interact with NPCs, turning in the tasks is hard for a bot. The skills system is absolutely brilliant.

It still kinda bothers me, you haven't given any legit reason why Whi World doesn't fit to your needs.
"Well death penalties exist, but prolly none of the players will reach to the point where they get harsh."
"Well it would be easier to say there are no teleports here, but actually there are shortcuts and teleport system which has nothing to do with lore."
"Well you can use for bots"
It doesn't matter that creating a bot is more difficult. If you allow bots it means you do not see anything wrong in it, which tells much about what I can expect from your server.

Also, I'm not expecting any server to change into something I will like. I realize that my preferences are different from that of most other players. So I'm just waiting for a new server which would fit my needs.
I've attempted to make such an OTS a few times, but every time it all ended with me coming to the conclusion that Tibia is too limited and I'd rather create something from scratch. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough yet, so this will need to wait for a bit.

Last edited:
"Well death penalties exist, but prolly none of the players will reach to the point where they get harsh."
"Well it would be easier to say there are no teleports here, but actually there are shortcuts and teleport system which has nothing to do with lore."
"Well you can use for bots"
It doesn't matter that creating a bot is more difficult. If you allow bots it means you do not see anything wrong in it, which tells much about what I can expect from your server.

Also, I'm not expecting any server to change into something I will like. I realize that my preferences are different from that of most other players. So I'm just waiting for a new server which would fit my needs.
I've attempted to make such an OTS a few times, but every time it all ended with me coming to the conclusion that Tibia is too limited and I'd rather create something from scratch. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough yet, so this will need to wait for a bit.
Why you qoute me, I'm terrible at explaining.
If you would play the game instead of thinking what game should not be you prolly would realize:
Its one of the best servers designed against bots.
Shortcuts and teleports compliment the players who are skilled at playing the game. (if you even find any of them)
Death penalty makes sense, and allows you to enjoy game instead of starting all over again.
And its not like there is no penalty, there is, but only the people who want to complete game as fast as possible are affected by dieing.
I had some small item losses and upgrade losses and other different death penalties, but all I got was negative feedback, so pushed these penalties to the point where only the best players can even reach.
It wont get hard any time soon, because nobody individually can progress alone so far that they enable world PVP and reach to the point where their gear starts to degrade on death.

Developers make compromises all the time to improve their existing game features to appeal to large audience.
Your preferences are not really much apart from major OT playerbase which are looking for custom servers.
They are just not that though trough, to me it feels more like, you don't even know what you actually want, but a list of things you liked about several servers put together.

Well. I played Whiworld and even completed it whole back in the day and I can definitely recommend it but it is actually something completely different from tibia you know. A lot of patience required because it is not easy to start nor learn it but once you get hang of it it is really fun and definitely challenging.
Atm it is even harder because some bigger parts/bosses are meant to be killed in team but it is possible to do it solo although it is really hard and requires some grinding and patience.
It's not easy to write everything down here because of how complex it is but you are given a really free hand in your character development there since you can do various combos with skills/gear/potions/food.

Definitely not for everyone. Was cancer and frustrating more than I would like to but it is also what driven me to progress further. Bots aren't really a thing there and you'd have to consider it single player for most part (unfortunately) but it is still worth if you are looking especially for something new/rpg/fun.

What came to my mind is that experience was similar to Super Meat Boy kind of games. Shutting down tired and frustrated but coming back every day for satisfaction after pushing further :p

Why you qoute me, I'm terrible at explaining.
If you would play the game instead of thinking what game should not be you prolly would realize:
Its one of the best servers designed against bots.
Shortcuts and teleports compliment the players who are skilled at playing the game. (if you even find any of them)
Death penalty makes sense, and allows you to enjoy game instead of starting all over again.
And its not like there is no penalty, there is, but only the people who want to complete game as fast as possible are affected by dieing.
I had some small item losses and upgrade losses and other different death penalties, but all I got was negative feedback, so pushed these penalties to the point where only the best players can even reach.
It wont get hard any time soon, because nobody individually can progress alone so far that they enable world PVP and reach to the point where their gear starts to degrade on death.

Developers make compromises all the time to improve their existing game features to appeal to large audience.
Your preferences are not really much apart from major OT playerbase which are looking for custom servers.
They are just not that though trough, to me it feels more like, you don't even know what you actually want, but a list of things you liked about several servers put together.
You're just being obtrusive now. No, your server is not what I'm looking for. No, I'm not going to try it.

Back