• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching for a custom low-rate RPG server

Hm, it looks quite nice judging from the thread alone, although the exp rate (7x) is a little bit high for an RPG server. Are there any chances for lowering it before the official release?
Maybe, people say it is high some say it is low so, I don't really know

Maybe, people say it is high some say it is low so, I don't really know
Because that is subjective. I would advise that you do what you want and what fit your map and gameplay better. Quoting another post of mine:
Here is the my special tip, you don’t do what your players want, that is total bullshit. You listen to your players, and that is completely different. Players will have paradoxals options of what direction server should follow, they will want features that alone seems a good idea, but don’t match the big picture. If you try to please everyone you end up with a Frankenstein that won’t stick together and will fall apart.
If you wanna please the majority you need an Orshabaal Evo OT with 100x exp.

Westeros Online // VIDEO of Winterfell!

You may be interested in this project, its currently being produced by a well experienced team, game of thrones has brutal deaths and so will our server. It'll be majority of what you're expecting, possibly worth following the thread!

Check mine maybe you like it

[CANADA]Ovicorp New Age[10.96]
Unfortunately the exp rates (starting with x20) are too high for me. Other than that, I'm not sure if I'd like this SAO-like idea of levels.

Westeros Online // VIDEO of Winterfell!

You may be interested in this project, its currently being produced by a well experienced team, game of thrones has brutal deaths and so will our server. It'll be majority of what you're expecting, possibly worth following the thread!
Thank you very much! There isn't much information provided about this OTS, but if it's going to be harsh, I'll be sure to check it out. For now I think I'll just join its Discord server and ask about this and that.

Bump.

Last edited by a moderator:
In some other thread you mentioned that your server is going to be evolution – that's quite the opposite of low-rate, isn't it?
Yeah its gonna be evolution, we have tested some ways, it wont be too much low rate, but its gonna be fine for people which likes these kind of rates. Last time we had launch, some people get 300 level within 1-2 hours and a lot of people pissed off so its a bit necessery to change rates :p

Yeah its gonna be evolution, we have tested some ways, it wont be too much low rate, but its gonna be fine for people which likes these kind of rates. Last time we had launch, some people get 300 level within 1-2 hours and a lot of people pissed off so its a bit necessery to change rates :p
Even those evo servers with lower exp rates definitely cannot be called low-rate and RPG. If your server is going to have exp rate higher than 10x and/or teleports to monster spawns, then it certainly isn't what I'm looking for.

Back