• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching for a programmer

SlaughterXd

Reaction score
Hello people, recently i have been making a tibia otserver with my brother, i could solved all the connection problems(so now, any one can join), the thing is that i need someone who knows how the server works(wich is a otx server), so if this Project works, and we win money with it, of course this programmer will recieve a part of it.
Thanks very much, if you have a question, please do it, I´ll answer it as soon as i can.

So what would you contribute with? Host? I don't think this will go very well for you.

I'd like you give you a tip. Learn it yourself. You will have to put down time, maybe a lot of time. But if you want your own OT, that is the price you will have to pay.

GL.

Yes i would contribute with the host.
Thanks you very much for your answer, where i can learn about how to manage the server?

Do i need to learn a specific programm?
An easier approach to learning anything new is to write down all the things you are good at.

Some people are good with colors or artwork so you could look up a tutorial on making sprites, mapping or designing the front end of a website (HTML/CSS).
While others are analytical thinkers and are good with basic logic they could look up tutorials on server side script (PHP) or client side scripting such as javascript or anyone of its known libraries such as jquery.
Then there are people who are excellent writers or just have a wild imagination and are able project their thoughts into words which make reasonable sense to others (story).
There are numerous custom projects on otland which are either an emulation of an existing game or something truely unique.

The point here is you need to establish the role you will play as part of the team you are trying to put together.

Back