• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Server Idea Diablo II/Tibia - Need a Mapper.

Eldin

Eldin Projects
Premium User
Reaction score
imagesCAF8BUA7.jpg

Greetings!
The Prefix should maybe be Team instead of Mapper, but actually, Im searching for a mapper and want their attention.
I am basicly looking for 1 Mapper right now but might change my mind if more people are interested and both mappers agree.
I would ofcourse not reject help from other scripters if they are good enough and I feel it neccesary.

Idea BackGround:
Many years ago, I got the idea to mix Diablo II with Open Tibia, the name would be Tiablo!
I have seen that this idea has been spoken about before and I will not argue my point that I was first, it wont matter, I want it done. :thumbup:

Facts that I now Realized:
At first, I decided to create it myself but the years has now passed since I got the idea and its still not created. Why?
As I got alot in real life aswell as other ideas for servers that I am working on, I just realized that I wont get finished, I NEED HELP.
There you go, I said it, for the first time, I wont make it myself. So what do I need? A Mapper.

Your (The Mapper/s) Work:
Code:
Your job is to "copy" the real Diablo II map, starting with the "entire" Act 1.
Their is no point to map more before all the systems works and we'll see if people would really play it.

[U]You as a mapper for this project should:

*[/U]First of all, have played Diablo II and Diablo II - LoD, it would atleast be for the best to know the GamePlay and how it works.
*Have an eye for "copying". A tip is to login with a character at the game and take screenshots on areas before mapping.
*Be able to have a feeling for this kind of mapping as Diablo II aint got alot of details. [I](Won't be needed here either but it must look good)
*[/I]Be able to imagine how big the areas must be in the Tibia version compared to Diablo. Try to "see" the Squares in Diablo.
*Speak Swedish or English, im from Sweden but English should work just fine if your okey at it aswell.

My (Eldins) Work:
Code:
I will do everything except mapping unless needed for possible fixes etc.

[U]So Including... [I](to see if it works)

[/I][/U]*Classes - Probaly 3 at a start. [I](Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceres)
[/I]*Spells - Everything for those 3 classes aswell as all creatures.
*Creatures - All creatures in Act 1.
*Items - Needed to pass/have fun in Act 1.
*Quests - Act 1.
*And everything else on the server concerning Act 1 and GamePlay/Server Funtion.

How it would work in our Team:
I started with the project a while ago with the Basic Camp aswell as "Choose Your Class" area, you will get that to fix/change/continue on.
We would in an easy way (that I will explain if you get it) exchange our ideas and updates so both parts can see that things are happening.
No-one in the "Team" is allowed to give out the map or scripts at this point, we can always discuss about releasing it later.
Everyone in the team, probably just Me and You? (The Mapper), will get the entire server to gain the best trust between us.
I will be the "Team Leader" and take the final decision of things, you are ofcourse free to discuss anything about the server.
You are not allowed to post information or screenshots of the server unless discussed.
I will post informations and updates about the server, you will later if you want have the opportunity to post at our screenshot thread.
Both/All of us will ofcourse get the Credits for the server when completed.
Our goal is to complete Act 1 as fast as possible during the option to have a life.

Feel free to contact me by Private Message or write at this Thread.
I would like to know your:

INFORMATION WANTED:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] (easier to save for me)
[B]Age:
Language:
Mapping Experience:
Other Talents for OTs:[/B] [I](are you a good scripter, webdesigner or something else?)
[/I][B]Diablo II Experience: [/B][I](how long did you play and what is/was your character level?)
[/I][B]Diablo II Cheat:[/B] [I](do you know how to cheat to fastly get a new character if you don't still have one?)
[/I][B]Other: [/B][I](anything else worth knowing)
[/I]

If everything works out perfectly with Act 1, the Scripts aswell as get alot of players, we'll start to work on Act 2 and everything else.
I really think that this could be a hit, a new Unique Open Tibia Sever but still things the people recognize and know what to do.
Everything about the server can and will ofcourse be discussed, I do have ideas to solve almost everything and make it perfect.
Thank You for your time.

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

I see and as I said, some other people seem to make a shot for it, however, I will aswell. :)
Thank You.

/Eldin

As much determination as i would put into helping this idea follow through, i hoenstly don't know what i can do to help since i dont map or script =/ im good at story writing though if you ever need it.

Anyways hope everything turns out for the greatest!

Let me know if you need any help from a very experienced diablo player, this is a project worth my efforts! Although I can't map or script, but still... :)

this is creepy! Today I was thinking about a server like this and ut seems fun to play diablo on tibia!
I can maybe help a little on the mappings...
I've played diablo really much but that was like 1-2 years ago but I am experienced in the game...
I had a "hammerdin" (paladin) the best class ofc :p lvl 80 and a sorcerer lvl 92.
i know the whole map and all quests etc add me on skype if I seem to be someone to talk with: kath_talix

Im glad that some people already seem to be intressted, gives me some spirit! ;)

I would really join this team if i wouldn´t already be making my own project.
I have played Diablo I and II ALOT. Since I was very young(but I'm still young).

This would be easy with the mapping because I know every place on D2.

Well, good luck with it, hope you get it done!

I enjoyed Diablo 2 so much when I was younger :p I gave it a shot for fun and as you see I am far away from being a good mapper but whatever :p it was fun ..I hope you make it to the end so we can play it

lolfun.png

Spent about an hour doing this, pretty happy with it, I need a lot more micro detail of course but I just wanted to see what you thought of it.

screenshot_2011-10-16-11-46-36.png

Last edited:
I played Diablo II for the first time last weekend [yeah, I know.. rly], and I pretty much liked it. Now if this could be realized in Tibia version , it would be something amazing and attractive not just to Open Tibia , but to DiabloII fans too. Good luck with the project.

Back