• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server system? (Maybe Backup System)

tosse12

Panchira Project Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Okey, now you would think: "WTF? Server system? what do that tardy mean?"

Well I am trying to figure out how I can make a computer start up when the other computer crashes / shutdown.
Can give you an example:

Code:
Computer 1 are hosting Open Tibia Server and Counter Stirke server.
When the Computer 1 shutsdown / crashes ( I mean the computer not the servers clients)
Computer 2 will start up.

I want to know how I can make another computer start up when the other computer crashes / shutdown.

Note: I don't care about the Server Clients / Softwares I am talking about the computer!

Hmm, something like ping request and if 1st server doesn't respond, run second? Ya, but how run second then? :p
Maybe something like power switch (fuse? ;p) that'd check if 1st machine is running and if not, send power to 2nd?

Yea, I know that there are some network cards that have that support:
Code:
If getting ping at port 10 (EXAMPLE)
then turn on computer
BUT
The problem is.... that how to tell the other computer if the main computer shutsdown?.
Like:
Code:
Comp 1 = Main comp with OT server
Comp 2 = Second backup comp with OT server
Comp 3 = Website / Database / (wakeup the Comp 2 if Comp 1 don't respond)Software

This is a little project my team are trying to solve :p

You can probably do this with either bash scripting or a simple server / client application.

If you know C++ you could easily do this with a socket application that send a ping to comp1 ever lets say 30sek and if it doesn't respond it will start up those 2 application :p

I know a friend of mine did it in our C++ class :p

Back