• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Setting up an 8.6 Server, as well as other general questions...

neoseagull

Reaction score
Hello all, I am interested in setting up a basic 8.6 server to test maps on as well as practice scripting monsters/spells and etc. I have a couple of questions:
  • Which distribution would you recommend I start out with?
- Is this a good one? https://otland.net/threads/8-60-the-forgotten-server-0-3-6-crying-damson-v8.147913/
  • Is there a recommended AAC to use?
  • Are there any helpful tools to get me started?
- I have Uniform Server as well as Notepad ++
  • Would you say this guide can be applied to setting up an 8.6 server, if so do i follow the same steps?
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsyxPhDTOcI
  • What exactly does compiling mean or do with regards to setting up a server?

Thank you for your time!

the setup guide is good and works afaik yes
i personally would use the otx server (which is tfs 1.2 base for 8.6), or 0.4 (which is an older tfs for 8.6), but not 0.3.6
compiling means you take all the sources .cpp/.h files etc, and bundle them into the .exe file (but almost all dist downloades has it pre compiled already)

i personally would use the otx server (which is tfs 1.2 base for 8.6), or 0.4 (which is an older tfs for 8.6), but not 0.3.6
Where would i find this?

Do i need any DLLs or what not or is everything included there?

And what kind of tools do you mean?
Anything that improves QOL that i may have never heard of (for example Notepad ++ over regular notepad)

Yes that tutorial is awesome! And I recommend ZnotoeAAC

Do i need a specific one? or is it irrespective of the distribution i use. Also do you have a link?

Back