• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Setting up an personal OT - some questions

Theol

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First of all, I don't want to give the impression I've not used the search function! I've done a little bit of searching and could not find answers easily.

I'd like to set up a personal server for just myself and 1-2 friends to play on. If possible, I'd like to have the latest version, which I gathered to be roughly 11.8 - most guides seem to only cover version 10.98. If I recall correctly, version 11 included a better UI/interface with hotkey bars, and other Tibialyzer's features like HP/MP HUDs, which is primarily the reason I'd like version 11.8 (please correct if I'm wrong, as I've not been following the Tibia scene)

However, if it's not possible, or technically very difficult to get version 11.8, I'm fine with 10.98 as well (as I did play a few years ago with Tibialyzer running, and it was fine). I do have some programming/coding experience as I'm a data analyst IRL, so I shouldn't have issues with simple configuration steps. I however, am a total noob when it comes to networking - can my friends connect directly to my public IP if my PC is connected directly to LAN, or will we have to create a virtual LAN network using software like Hamachi (this was what I used many many years ago when I hosted games like MapleStory), or what other kinds of software are used nowadays?

So far some resources I've found in my search so far:
[Tutorial] How to setup The Forgotten Server TFS 1.2 (10.98) (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-setup-the-forgotten-server-tfs-1-2-10-98.264061/)
Running your first OT Server (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-ot-server)
Tibia 11 Discussion(+Tutorial how to able to use it) (https://otland.net/threads/tibia-11-discussion-tutorial-how-to-able-to-use-it.242719/)

Please do let me know if these resources are what I'm supposed to be referring to!

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

First of all, I don't want to give the impression I've not used the search function! I've done a little bit of searching and could not find answers easily.

I'd like to set up a personal server for just myself and 1-2 friends to play on. If possible, I'd like to have the latest version, which I gathered to be roughly 11.8 - most guides seem to only cover version 10.98. If I recall correctly, version 11 included a better UI/interface with hotkey bars, and other Tibialyzer's features like HP/MP HUDs, which is primarily the reason I'd like version 11.8 (please correct if I'm wrong, as I've not been following the Tibia scene)

However, if it's not possible, or technically very difficult to get version 11.8, I'm fine with 10.98 as well (as I did play a few years ago with Tibialyzer running, and it was fine). I do have some programming/coding experience as I'm a data analyst IRL, so I shouldn't have issues with simple configuration steps. I however, am a total noob when it comes to networking - can my friends connect directly to my public IP if my PC is connected directly to LAN, or will we have to create a virtual LAN network using software like Hamachi (this was what I used many many years ago when I hosted games like MapleStory), or what other kinds of software are used nowadays?

So far some resources I've found in my search so far:
[Tutorial] How to setup The Forgotten Server TFS 1.2 (10.98) (https://otland.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-setup-the-forgotten-server-tfs-1-2-10-98.264061/)
Running your first OT Server (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-ot-server)
Tibia 11 Discussion(+Tutorial how to able to use it) (https://otland.net/threads/tibia-11-discussion-tutorial-how-to-able-to-use-it.242719/)

Please do let me know if these resources are what I'm supposed to be referring to!

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I see that you've watched my video. Would apprechate a sub if I helped you out.
If you want 11.8 + you need to make it yourself or hire someone to make it for you.
The latest version you can use is 11.49 which you can find here
If you want to play with your friends and you host it on your own computer you need to open ports, 7171 and 7172. Cast function is usually 7173.
Iam going to host on my own device soon so if you want a private server to play on, let me know. I'll be updating it and you can enjoy playing on it.
If theres anything else you need, let me know.

Hello, I see that you've watched my video. Would apprechate a sub if I helped you out.
If you want 11.8 + you need to make it yourself or hire someone to make it for you.
If you want to play with your friends and you host it on your own computer you need to open ports, 7171 and 7172. Cast function is usually 7173.
Iam going to host on my own device soon so if you want a private server to play on, let me know. I'll be updating it and you can enjoy playing on it.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I'll sub to your channel soon.

May I ask, is this 11.49 a stable version? And is it buggy? If so, what is the latest version which is fairly stable and has few to no bugs? I just want to enjoy the latest version possible but without encountering many issues. Will you recommend me to use 10.98 or any of the 11.x versions?

Thanks!

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I'll sub to your channel soon.

May I ask, is this 11.49 a stable version? And is it buggy? If so, what is the latest version which is fairly stable and has few to no bugs? I just want to enjoy the latest version possible but without encountering many issues. Will you recommend me to use 10.98 or any of the 11.x versions?

Thanks!
As far as I know, TFS 1.2 is the most stable distro available.
TFS 1.3 is still in development, and is mostly stable, meaning it may still have some bugs, but it is the most up-to-date one.

I've only ever heard bad things about OTX distro's, mostly due to bugs and crashing.
I only have third-hand experience with it though, since I've only read people's problems in the support section, so my view is probably skewed.

As far as I know, TFS 1.2 is the most stable distro available.
TFS 1.3 is still in development, and is mostly stable, meaning it may still have some bugs, but it is the most up-to-date one.

I've only ever heard bad things about OTX distro's, mostly due to bugs and crashing.
I only have third-hand experience with it though, since I've only read people's problems in the support section, so my view is probably skewed.
If hes just going to use it privatly I see no problem in using 11.49 OTX, got it up with real map and it worked fine just that some changes needs to be done cus of client crashes. Yalahar -1 etc.
Going to try out the OTBR one right now,

Hey Klonera, I've watched your video. It's real helpful. However, just one question: if I want my friends to connect to my server, do I just give them my public address that I can find from whatismyipaddress.com and they key that into the OTLand IP Changer? Do I have to change any IP addresses in my server's config files from either 127.0.0.1 or local host to my public IP address?

Thanks in advance

Hey Klonera, I've watched your video. It's real helpful. However, just one question: if I want my friends to connect to my server, do I just give them my public address that I can find from whatismyipaddress.com and they key that into the OTLand IP Changer? Do I have to change any IP addresses in my server's config files from either 127.0.0.1 or local host to my public IP address?

Thanks in advance
The ip, if it's only for a friend you can give him the whatsmyip.org. However you can make a free domain on no-ip.org and give that instead.
In the config you put your own ip adress which you find at whatsmyip, else they cannot connect. You can either put your or the CMD ipv4 adress.
The 127.0.0.1 is for local network only which means that you cannot invite anyone into the server eventho you have ports open.

The ip, if it's only for a friend you can give him the whatsmyip.org. However you can make a free domain on no-ip.org and give that instead.
In the config you put your own ip adress which you find at whatsmyip, else they cannot connect. You can either put your or the CMD ipv4 adress.
The 127.0.0.1 is for local network only which means that you cannot invite anyone into the server eventho you have ports open.

EDIT: nvm, i think i got it. getting my friends to test now. thanks!

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Do I put my IPv4 address under mysqlHost as well? or do i leave it as 'localhost'? My friends have managed to connect, saw the character screen, but got stuck at 'Connecting to game world'. Any idea at which point is the connection failing?

Thanks for your help! I'm also reading your tutorial on how to compile so that I can have the real 10.96 maps. Real helpful and kind guy. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Encountering many issues again. After reading through many tutorials, I'm still getting a lot of issues in compilation. Some of the issuse I faced are due to the following:

• couldn't find Visual Studio 2017; links i clicked directed me to VS 2019 instead. Installed that, but not sure if it's the cause for my compilation issues
  • having a lot of issues running commands in Git (not so familiar with it); had to add an extra "PS> " in front of some commands mentioned in tutorials before certain commands ran. Even then, some commands seemed to not have ran even with the extra "PS> " - especially those that're installing libraries

Basically at this point, is there anywhere I can run a semi-recent client (10.77+, hopefully 10.96) + real tibia maps WITHOUT compilation? Or do I HAVE to compile to get real maps working? My confusion is compounded by the fact that many tutorials are outdated and I'm not very sure if issues are from my side or what, etc.

What might be the shortest way to set it up? (I've seen some people pointing to ... orts which has 10.77 client and 10.76 maps running on TFS 1.2)

Thanks!

Back