• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Shoutout - To all posters / commenters

Silverstone

aka Silent Reaper
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello Otland..

I'm just right now annoyed by the fact, that way to many users (even Moderators) just post posts like: "Nice, your good." or "Keep it coming" or like "Some things fit not together else its oke".

Is there any way to avoid those?
They are not helpful, nor useful.

Sorry for this short and disturbing thread.
I'd like to say that it's also mostly directed to the showoff forums.

Silverstone

Edit: Now I just received and infraction for directing someone to another website. I only wanted to help him, with pointing out where the tutorial was located. It was for the sake of help and I get infracted. Now others keep posting "Gratz" and damn nonsense and don't receive any infractions at all!

That's seriously not fair and I don't see any motivations left, for giving any help to the ones who desire. If I'm not allowed to help, I'll just go like others and spam Gratz on every thread, is it that what you guys want me to? -.-?!

Last edited:
Hello Otland..

I'm just right now annoyed by the fact, that way to many users (even Moderators) just post posts like: "Nice, your good." or "Keep it coming" or like "Some things fit not together else its oke".

Is there any way to avoid those?
They are not helpful, nor useful.

Sorry for this short and disturbing thread.
I'd like to say that it's also mostly directed to the showoff forums.

Silverstone

Edit: Now I just received and infraction for directing someone to another website. I only wanted to help him, with pointing out where the tutorial was located. It was for the sake of help and I get infracted. Now others keep posting "Gratz" and damn nonsense and don't receive any infractions at all!

That's seriously not fair and I don't see any motivations left, for giving any help to the ones who desire. If I'm not allowed to help, I'll just go like others and spam Gratz on every thread, is it that what you guys want me to? -.-?!

As I responded to your PM I appreciate that you help people, and I'd appreciate if you, instead of just complaining on the useless posts, you could report them as soon as you see them? That way we can successfully remove (most) of the useless posts and after a while of deleting the posts they'll hopefully stop making such posts.

If I reported all those post, then you'd be floated by them.
I'd consider banning them instantly for a short period and removing there posts. They think post count is like a good status, but if you act stupid you are stupid. That's what they don't get...

Oh and I need to wait one minute between reporting posts, thats another thing I dislike..

What's so wrong with posting good things about others mapping/scripting or whatever she/he does?

What's so wrong with posting good things about others mapping/scripting or whatever she/he does?

That's what rep is for. We've already encouraged people to use rep instead of just posting "Great work" or "Nice picture" or anything like that.

If I reported all those post, then you'd be floated by them.
I'd consider banning them instantly for a short period and removing there posts. They think post count is like a good status, but if you act stupid you are stupid. That's what they don't get...

Oh and I need to wait one minute between reporting posts, thats another thing I dislike..

We'll see if Talaturen can fix that in some way, I'm sure he can. And we don't mind getting floated in reports, we handle reports quite often and after a while of reporting we might not have much spam at all. People might actually get that it's useless.

Your still the same, as back in the ***** site..

That's what rep is for. We've already encouraged people to use rep instead of just posting "Great work" or "Nice picture" or anything like that.

We'll see if Talaturen can fix that in some way, I'm sure he can. And we don't mind getting floated in reports, we handle reports quite often and after a while of reporting we might not have much spam at all. People might actually get that it's useless.

Reputation got removed on *****, yet I don't really know what for. It's a good thing and exactly for the purpose you just told. Really sad that still so many are just here for raising their post count -.-! (Sizaro huh?)

That's my aim, to get rid of the spammers. I highly dislike them and I bet they could act diffrent if they wanted to.

Sure those posts are rather useless, but hey I'd rather have an active forum with few useless post rather than a dead forum. Any time, any day.

Your still the same, as back in the ***** site..

Reputation got removed on *****, yet I don't really know what for. It's a good thing and exactly for the purpose you just told. Really sad that still so many are just here for raising their post count -.-! (Sizaro huh?)

That's my aim, to get rid of the spammers. I highly dislike them and I bet they could act diffrent if they wanted to.

I have talked to a couple of them, and eventually got some of them to change how they act, both their attitude and the way they post. But far from everyone, I guess a thread like this one could change a couple of more minds. Let's just hope people realize it.

I usually act, since I dislike to hope.
It's like you hope to pass the exam, but you could actually make sure that you pass them.

Anyway, I'm not that much around, so I guess I shouldn't be to worried either. I've just got plenty of time at work, I'd barely log onto forums while I'm at my computer. I prefer to take care of my girlfriend, friends, occupationschool and such before forums. Same goes for games I play. Even though I only play two games (Css, TrackMania Nations), anyway isn't really intresting what I'm talking, I'm just bored :).

I'll hope for now as well, that we'll change a few minds.

I agree part ways with Silverstone, but what about bumps? Users appreciate to get their thread bumped up with positive comments.

But, well showoffs are for showoffs (personally I hate them), because its just briefing, without releasing anything, so it for no good. And in like 80% of the cases the mapping pieces will never become popular, since nobody have it, and like 1 random crappy OT got it that turns off in a week and its all for waste.

I hate showoffs, BUT in showoffs, it should be allowed to post comments with ratings? Etc I rate your map 8/10? This is a common thing many users on this forum does. And I think that even though we are moderators, and global moderators, we should have the permission as a regular user, and rate these so called "Showoffs".

But, well showoffs are for showoffs (personally I hate them), because its just briefing, without releasing anything, so it for no good. And in like 80% of the cases the mapping pieces will never become popular, since nobody have it, and like 1 random crappy OT got it that turns off in a week and its all for waste.

I hate showoffs, BUT in showoffs, it should be allowed to post comments with ratings? Etc I rate your map 8/10? This is a common thing many users on this forum does. And I think that even though we are moderators, and global moderators, we should have the permission as a regular user, and rate these so called "Showoffs".

I agree, and I'm not here for raising my post counts... Mostly for the fun with the peoples who is here, they got humor... Atleast some...

I agree part ways with Silverstone, but what about bumps? Users appreciate to get their thread bumped up with positive comments.

switch off postcount in showoffs then?

Why not just remove the postcount from the profile? then ppl shouldnt spam that much, cause they cant see how many posts they made..

switch off postcount in showoffs then?

What is the point in that? Post count should be counted each post you post right? Post counts only shows your total activity on the forum, not how much "respect" you got. Or reputation.

I wouldn't mind disabling post counts in showoffs, but I just cant see the point. Are we forced to have "only serious posts" to count to show how our user is? I think Tala agrees with me part ways atleast.

Why don't we just disable post counts completely? And leave behind with reputation? Reputation is something a player adds to a user when he does something good, instead of those messages like "gratz dude".

What is the point in that? Post count should be counted each post you post right? Post counts only shows your total activity on the forum, not how much "respect" you got. Or reputation.

I wouldn't mind disabling post counts in showoffs, but I just cant see the point. Are we forced to have "only serious posts" to count to show how our user is? I think Tala agrees with me part ways atleast.

Why don't we just disable post counts completely? And leave behind with reputation? Reputation is something a player adds to a user when he does something good, instead of those messages like "gratz dude".
Or implent some kind of "better" rep system or so? :O

Or implent some kind of "better" rep system or so? :O

What is bad with the currently reputation system? It works perfectly.
hio man whyzzer here :eek:
how can it be perfect if u dont see the name of the rep giver?

Last edited by a moderator:

Why would you disable it? If it gives motivation to post, which is activity on the forum and which then attracts other people to register.

Uhm, "good work", and "well done!", says 1 thing.
They are not so very usefull thought, I agree with that.
But they do say that the makers work is at + and not at - ,
means there are not so much more things to say if all
the person did so far was good, and if the thread was made for
personal help and not public, then the only thing the
maker need to know is if he will keap on doing that nor not.

If it's public (with every single thread, maby not 1 - 5
(moderator stuffs) is) then it's totaly pointless. Thx for doing
this thread, finaly some1 speaks out, myself, I've never
thought of it since I'm not so active on these forums ^^

Bobany~

How about a kinda something like...
There is a feature from vbulletin, where you are able to 'thank' for a post to a fellow user. Now I've got a few ideas in my mind..

One solution could be, that the moderators (only them, yes), could spread instead of thanks like a 'spam marker', so it won't be deleted. Similar to youtube..?!

Another solution to change the 'thanks' to a 'Good work dude' and then they could add that to his post instead of posting ;o?

Just two short ideas, I didn't really study what could happen..
I mostly agree with the posts above me.

How about a kinda something like...
There is a feature from vbulletin, where you are able to 'thank' for a post to a fellow user. Now I've got a few ideas in my mind..

One solution could be, that the moderators (only them, yes), could spread instead of thanks like a 'spam marker', so it won't be deleted. Similar to youtube..?!

Another solution to change the 'thanks' to a 'Good work dude' and then they could add that to his post instead of posting ;o?

Just two short ideas, I didn't really study what could happen..
I mostly agree with the posts above me.

I get your point, sounds good. But more like for each and every
post you do, if it's just as "I like it" for instanse,
and a moderator happend to see it they can put a mark on him
(as you said), but that only raises his "spamm lvl", which
every one will have, the higher you have the more you'll be
a spammer to the community, that has its following that
ppls won't listend to the person so much, something that some
one won't to happend one, that will prevent spamm 0.o

(I had a blackout while I wrote it, so it might look
really really stuped "/)

Bobany~