• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

So what is actually possible?

MikeHatfield

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Long time Tibia player, short time OT player.

I'm not much of a programmer, so forgive me if these questions seem noobish.

Having no clue how OT actually works, how custom can a skilled programmer make it?

What are the limitations?

As an example:

Could a skilled developer take his favorite version of tibia (say 7.6), keep all of the formulas, but add features to it from newer clients such as auto stacking runes, auto bank transfers mounts?

Not that I personally have a shot in the dark at doing such a thing, but I am genuinely curious as to if this is possible.

Hello everyone.

Long time Tibia player, short time OT player.

I'm not much of a programmer, so forgive me if these questions seem noobish.

Having no clue how OT actually works, how custom can a skilled programmer make it?

What are the limitations?

As an example:

Could a skilled developer take his favorite version of tibia (say 7.6), keep all of the formulas, but add features to it from newer clients such as auto stacking runes, auto bank transfers mounts?

Not that I personally have a shot in the dark at doing such a thing, but I am genuinely curious as to if this is possible.

In programming there are no limitations at all so: yes.

Haha yes, I do understand that.

I think more so what I mean is, how exactly do these ots work?

Like, I see that there is a written from scratch (?) Server (tfs maybe?)

And I see that there are custom clients.

Aside from starting from complete scratch and programming your own engine, could one utilize these setups for a quick mockup of your own version of a tibia-like game?

Are you limited purely to what is scriptable through lua, or could you go as far as to rewrite the entire battle system?

Example:

Use tfs and create a custom client for it, add your own graphics, and pick and choose which features to implement

mounts wouldn't be available on unmodified 7.6 client(unless by mount you mean replacing player outfit to orc rider), other things you mentioned are possible (with source edits)

Back