• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Species War - Colony (Coming Soon) **Updated 8/6**

Flatlander

Species Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
What Client Version Should We Update To?

Hi Guys,
I know at least a few of you have been wanting me to make Species over again.
I haven't done it until now for Lack of Interest. (The idea was boring to me)
But! Recently I had some pretty good ideas of how I would like to re-make species to be even more fun.

So this thread is here to tell you guys Species Colony will be coming out in about 2 weeks. (Maybe sooner)
Feel free to ask me any questions about the server here.

If you don't know what Species is, or are wondering why it is now Species Colony instead of Species War here is some information on the server.

Species Colony:
Species is a Team-Based Server where the races of Orcs, Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs are at war at each other.
Here are some Features of the server: (Ask if you want any explained)

I plan to have everything above done by next weekend, but I want a week of testing before I release, so 2 weeks is my goal.
Let me know if you have any questions or are excited for this server :).

~~Flatlander

Here is a short video showing a little work with the Engineer Building.
Building System (Work in progress) - YouTube

Last edited:
Finally took you long enough to make a war server again, hopefully you will actually finish this time, haven't enjoyed some good pvp in quite a while ^_^

My biggest issue is I had a team of 5 people map the first Species. (I don't any more) I plan to map the basics of the server myself, then since it is a small map, I am going to let a few mappers I know remap and detail it correctly, and the best one will be the one I use. I actually plan to be adding to the map at least once a week.. till I feel it is perfect.

Probably 9.6 or higher. The more sprites the better when it comes to Species.

I just started working on the engineer (he will be able to build stuff on the battle field, and in your castle)

I'll post a youtube video in a moment to show off some stuff.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaOSgMLEBc

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty cool, and the fact that you're making a class based on it is pretty awesome. Keep it up Flat!

That actual house building isn't really going to be possible in the final version I don't think, (Because there isn't really a need to build houses in PvP) but building Electric Fences, Flamethrowers, Healing Alters, and other useful structures will be interesting.

It's good to see you working on your war servers again. Hopefully you don't get bored with this one too easily and it can have some life.

King System is getting a pretty good update.
The original species had a 3 Tier King System.
  1. Unlock the Castle Gates from the Outpost -- Fun
  2. Attack the King on his throne (King did not attack and had a large amount of health) --Very Boring Part
  3. Kill the "Mad King" and his bodyguards -- Fun

The new King System will have a few changes to make it more fun.
  1. Open the gates from the Guardhouse (Similar to the outpost) -- Fun
  2. Defeat the guard captain and enter the throne room -- Fun
  3. Defeat the King -- Double Fun (Always fun killing an entire team in 1 blow)

The main difference is after opening the gate, guards will constantly respawn until you defeat the guard captain.
After defeating the Captain you enter the Throne room. (You cannot leave after entering -- no stair hopping)
Then you get to battle the king.

The map is being designed in a way that each throne room entrance is easy to defend.
This means, if you are under attack, you can put up a defense at the throne room, on the other hand, if you are killing someone's king, you can leave behind some players to defend the entrance so you don't get overrun.

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :).

Seems really great :D, I hope the king is pretty strong so you really need a big team to nuke it,
and after you kill the king there is a tp to get out of the throne room?

Seems really great :D, I hope the king is pretty strong so you really need a big team to nuke it,
and after you kill the king there is a tp to get out of the throne room?

Currently this is how it works:
The throne room has a Magic Door
Door_%28Sealed%29.gif
that you use, if you are outside the throne room and an enemy it will teleport you inside but you cannot go outside. If you are an Ally then you can go in and out as you please.

And yes :) the king will be hard (You will need at least 5 MINIMUM to kill it, much more if you want to kill it quickly)

Last edited:
This sounds like a lot of fun!! I haven't played any war servers before, so I'm really curious to try it out :X
2 weeks though huh? that's pretty soon! can't wait to try it out!

The amazing part of war servers is the gruesome part aswell. people destroy fun by simply killing friends . easy to be spotted but ruining fun. swapping races might make people just join winning teams >.> but overall amazing. keep it up.

I will not have "Race Changes" in the game, only Vocation Changes.

If you choose "Orcs" then you can switch between any of the vocations whenever you want, (Currently Warrior, Archer, Mage, Engineer) but you will always be an Orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Each day I guess I'll update you guys on one new or updated feature of Species War (Now Species Colony).

Today is the Shop System!

But first I must explain how items work:
All items in Species Colony are non-moveable.
This means you cannot remove the equipment you start with. (Leather set)
When you buy an item from the shop, it will "Switch" your current item for the shop item.
(You will be able to switch between any item you have previously bought, including going back to leather, by using the shop levers)

Original Species had Tier Based Items:
For Example:
Bad Mage Armor (+1 Mlvl) - Good Mage Armor (+2 Mlvl) - Best Mage Armor (+3 Mlvl)
Pretty basic.

Species Colony will be way more interesting:

For Example: (And yes these are just examples)
Ability Armor (+10 Ability Damage) - Heavy Ability Armor (+5 Ability Damage, -10 speed) - Shielded Ability Armor (+2 Ability Damage, 2% damage reduction)

This means you can customize your character with equipment.

You might be wondering why I used "Ability Damage" instead of "Magic Level".
Instead of "Skills" I am going to be using a more basic method:
  • Weapon Damage
  • Ability Damage
  • Ultimate Damage
(This is due to Vocation Switching, Which I will explain in detail later)

Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :)

Back