• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Species War - Colony (Coming Soon) **Updated 8/6**

I'm still up and working on the server (It is now 6:00 am so I've been working for 9 hours today if you subtract my 3 hours of sleep) There was a crazy server-crashing bug that took most of the night to fix, caused by the new Gate Captains (fixed now! Finally) I won't have everything done before I go to work in an hour, but it is VERY close to being done.
Meaning the release of the server might be delayed by an hour or two. (maybe I shouldn't of slept?)

I've got a question, what will it be like if you're fighting someone 1 v 1? Will you need a few people to actually kill someone? I know on most servers it will just be even and boring because neither person can kill each other.

I've got a question, what will it be like if you're fighting someone 1 v 1? Will you need a few people to actually kill someone? I know on most servers it will just be even and boring because neither person can kill each other.

This is actually a really hard thing to deal with.
If it is possible to 1v1, then when you get into team vs team, everyone gets 1 hit easily by combos.
I have been thinking of many different ways to help with 1v1 or 2v2 situations, but they won't be today.

The main way I thought to deal with this would be what I call "Sustained Damage".
The way this would work is, the longer you focus your attacks on one target, the more damage you would do.
It wouldn't increase TOO quickly, but if you were in a 1v1 situation for a little while you could stack up the damage to start being dangerous.

I actually thought of that exact same idae yesterday when it took me about 20 mins to kill some guy on Ascalon (Endurance battle much?!) Sounds good though imo. One quick question, was the old species map re-used or revamped or a completely new map? Either will work for me :p

The release of the server might be delayed by an hour or two.

It'll be difficult for europeans tho ;( With the current date set it'll be 1 AM for most europeans which is kinda late, 2-3 will be rlly late >.< Wont it be possible to postpone it till the day after?

I actually thought of that exact same idae yesterday when it took me about 20 mins to kill some guy on Ascalon (Endurance battle much?!) Sounds good though imo. One quick question, was the old species map re-used or revamped or a completely new map? Either will work for me :p

Completely new map, The old species was mapped by 4 people, then redesigned by a Asian Kid named Kandiez.
I don't have access to the same mappers, or the original map (Curse you hard drive!).

The map will be new, and it will be constantly updated to look better, and play better every week.

Will you be using any real tibia spells, or will they all be custom?

First 3 vocations that are released will be "Real Tibia" vocations (all will be in today)
Warrior, Archer, Mage will basically be Knight, Paladin, Sorcerer.

zzzz boring, is the damage of the spells edited atleast?

Hey Hey Hey, I would hardly call STARTING with the original Vocations boring.
I want to be able to work on getting the core of the server done, then be similar to League of Legends or DoTA where I can add in Vocations later on.
That's the reason I have the "Fast Vocation Switching" where you can switch vocations whenever you want, without switching characters, losing your stats, or equipment.

Yeah I understand, im sure it'll still be fun, its just that seeing the same spells you've seen for such a long time is boring. But I do like the fast vocation switching feature ^_^

I agree that the old Knight/Paladin/Sorcerer vocations have been way overplayed.

But I want to have them there so that the PvP will start similar to the tibia PvP that people enjoy.

Huge amount of changes and bug fixes happened yesterday, tons more are happening today.

I hope to have the server looking good by the end of today, but we will see how things go ^_^.

I can't find 9.81 client and my ip changer wont go higher than 8.62 and i dont know why ... weird can anyone assist me?

I added my Dropbox to my Advertisement post. You can download client 9.81 and the OTLand IP Changer there.

On another note! Shops will be coming this week, along with finishing the King System and the Ultimate Spells :). All should be done by Friday.

Also I plan to take some time to really balance the vocations correctly.

By this weekend the server should be pretty awesome, and I can focus in adding new stuff instead of fixing old stuff.

Bomberman is being Merged with Species War, and the server is being renamed (for now I will call it FlatlanderMegaServer).

Back