• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Spr Patcher | Ot client

kimet

Solutions
Reaction score
I've searched a lot and i've figured how launchers works watching some tutors of visual basic, just need to know the hash and replace the file, but my question is:

1- How can i make a launcher read the sprites of .spr file instead the whole file??

2- There is any way for make it replace the sprites by data size instead of hash, so it may replace every sprite file if it doesnt has the same size of the original sprite.

This way the players wont need to download the whole spr file every time i change 1 sprite inside the .spr folder.

Obs: i'm learning some kind of ot client structure, i'm an amateur on it yet, so i may pay you for teach me how to do this patch works with ot client, i dont care about encrypting or not my ot client content , i just want to stop players botting and i want to be able to change the game visual for make a better experience to my players, without make them download 40-100 mbs every time i change the .spr file.

Thanks already, for your help. English isnt my main, so if you got any doubt about what i'm saying, feel free to ask.

If I understand correctly, you want to make a program that adds(updates) new spites to the spr and dat instead of just having to re-download the whole file?

You need to calculate to differences to your old .spr server-sided and write them to a file (prefering some xml) using your own update format (because there isn't anything which could help you there afaik).
The updater needs to read this file and apply all changes to the older .spr.

The question is whether it's worth it or not, because such a system can be much work and there are still serveral problems you need to bother with..

there should be a checksum for check the sprites integrity, i didnt know before i post if something like this was possible, i've search everywhere if i could find a such tutorial for this type of launcher.
do you have any idea how to do this???

something like this: Pxg Launcher

i want to move forward of the "global maps era" and make something great and custom, if you have an idea how i start to learn for create a launcher like this, can you give me a hand??
if you dont have time to pass knowledge but you do a paid service for this, tell me your price and if it isnt overpriced i may pay :D

obs: I want this launcher for otclient, i dont want to encrypt anything of the otclient, i just want something like run and play and easily to understand by players point of view

thx for your answer

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Last edited by a moderator:
well there are a few br forums that have this 'launcher' as a mod for free you just need to look for it.
and for the sprites the only wqy i can think for it, is to handle all the sprites as imgs instead of the spr file, but i don't know how that would be done, also im just giving out ideas :d

Back