• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Stackable Runes [Issues]

Lyky

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm having a lot of issues due to stackable runes - bugs within 8.0 port of TFS 1.2; I used fork provided by @Ninja
(link)
GitHub - ninjalulz/forgottenserver at 8.0
(I know its outdated, but sht i didn't thought it would be so fcked up.)

Basically let me explain:
Since natively client 8.0 doesn't support it, even when after editing .dat i still am unable to stack them manually like I would be able with coins or other stackable items (unless i disable property of them being runes - which is bad as rune making from spells breaks it). They are buyable from shops in stacks, and i cannot force it to not stack them.

If stacks are in some strange configurations like 12, 7, 33, 73, 100 (just a random numbers) etc; It fails to deliver parcels with those runes. (and I see no errors at all nowhere.) Editing items doesn't help at all also, if I remove stacks from items it breaks client view completely.

I am completely sure this on the engine side, so if anyone has dealt with such issue or knows how to fix it; or recommends using different distro it would be appreciated. (especially if I can compile both linux, windows using vs2017 (can't grab the older vs anywhere)

and help appreciated.

I think the most up to date distro that officially supports client 8.0 is OTX 2.9_dev
However it is based on TFS 0.3, not 1.2+.

OTX version 3.10_DEV is based on TFS 1.3, and it supports these versions:
  • 7.70/72
  • 8.54/58
I would probably go with OTX 3 protocol 7.72, and try to upgrade it to 8.0. That way you got the benefits of being based on TFS 1.3. And I think its easier to upgrade from 7.72 than to downgrade from 8.54
I would compare the protocol changes etc between OTX 3 (7.72) and ninjalulz/forgottenserver (8.0).
Since the base is similar (TFS 1.2 vs TFS 1.3) and the protocols are fairly similar, you only have to concern yourelf with custom OTX features and the protocol changes.

A good and clean forgottenserver repository for maintaining protocol support for multiple client versions is wanted. Ninjaluls took a step in that direction with those sources you linked, but unfortunately nobody kept the flame going.

Last edited:
ok thanks, that looks like some solution. There are only changes to protocol?
Also have you tried compiling it on vs2017? Or have access to vs2015 install? (in compiling guide they posted on github - it specifies only vs2015)

additionally, does 8.54/58 already have stacking runes? I'm ok using newer base engine, and running it down with older 7.6 style formulas etc. (forgive my ignorance but what core changes were made after 7.9 to 8.2, 8.5, 8.6 etc?)

When it comes to servers, im a Linux guy. I have basically no experience compiling in Windows. When I use windows, I use virtualBox to start a Linux machine (inside Windows) so I can set up and locally test the server in an environment similar to proper hosting services such as OTS Hosting Service. Who offers an Ansible playbook used to fully provision a Ubuntu machine for OTS Hosting. This allows me to prepare my OT server for serious hosting and iron out the bugs I otherwise wouldn't have noticed before transferring the server to paid proper hosting.

Looks like stackable runes was a 8.6 thing. There are more changes than just the protocol.
Updates

TibiaWiki Updates said:
Update 7.7, May 17, 2006
Technical update. From now Tibia officially supports DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL. Also the white list was introduced to block players not on your white list to send you messages and option that you can set incoming message to show on game window or only on chat channel. Also, a new report feature has been implemented for Senior Tutors, making it possible for the STs to report statements from all the public channels directly to the Customer Support. Also, connection encryption was introduced (using a mix of 64bit XTEA for in-game communication and 128bit RSA for username/password login protocol)
Technical Update 7.7

Update 7.71, May 31, 2006
Minor Client Update. Fixed technical problems with new graphics engines.
Minor Client Update

Update 7.72, June 9, 2006
Minor Client Update. Fixed technical problems with the automap and autowalk.
Solutions for Faulty Automaps

Update 7.8, August 1, 2006 (Summer Update 2006)
Many graphics of outfits, items, NPCs and creatures have been updated with outfit addons being implemented into the game. More realism has been added to the maps with shops having signs next to their entrances. Added the staminasystem. The Shattered Isles, some new creatures, the ability to hotkey the use of objects and aim runes at others using the battle window have been implemented as well.
Major Game Update 7.8
See also: Updates/7.8

Update 7.81, August 29, 2006
Minor Client Update. Some minor bug fixes, among them the display error of Premium Account days in the client. The handling of the automatic character deletion has been changed. Now all characters on Free Accounts are deleted if they are not used within a period of n months where n is equal to their level. Characters of level 20 or higher are no longer excepted. Also, once an account has not been used for 2 years all characters on it are deleted regardless of their level.
Various Announcements

Update 7.82, October 13, 2006
Official Linux client was released.
Linux Tibia Client Released

Update 7.9, December 12, 2006 (Christmas Update 2006)
Ab'dendriel received a make-over and now all houses have solid tree-trunk walls. The Pits of Inferno are now accessable, along with the dream challenge. Many difficult creatures were added (including Wyvern, Juggernaut, Plaguesmith, Undead Dragon, Hand of Cursed Fate and many more). A questlog was implemented and players can now store their money in a bank.
Major Game Update 7.9
See also: Updates/7.9

Update 7.92, January 8, 2007
For the celebration of Tibia's 10th anniversary Party Items and special raids were added.
Tibia Celebrates 10th Birthday On Sunday

Update 8.0, June 26, 2007 (Summer Update 2007)
New icy areas, including Grimlund, Helheim, Hrodmir, Svargrond, Nibelor, Okolnir and Tyrsung. Some vocation balancing in the form of increasing attack damage for Knights and Paladins, making attack spell/rune damage more based on magic level, and implementing level requirements for many weapons. Also, many new melee and distance weapons were added, and new spells for both knights and paladins.
Major Game Update 8.0
See also: Updates/8.0

Update 8.1, December 11, 2007 (Christmas Update 2007)
Again vocation balancing was a big part of the update. A few new quests, 21 new monsters and new NPCs were added. Also the whole element system was changed. Sharing experience in a party and swimming were also included.
Major Game Update 8.1
See also: Updates/8.1

Update 8.11, April 8, 2008
Two new health potions came, one for paladin and one for knight. Giant spider shoots a new magic missile which can take around 70 damage. Demons became much faster, which makes it harder to stairhop them.
Minor Patch Released
See also: Updates/8.11

Update 8.2, July 2, 2008 (Summer Update 2008)
Tutorial Island south of Rookgaard for new players, new hunting grounds have been implemented with new monsters, many revamped areas and like Amazon Camp (Venore) and Orc Land. Rookgard, Kazordoon and Darashia are with new look, along with new quests, new foods, many new items as new spellbooks, wands, rods, melee weapons, distance weapons, shields, armors and much others.
Link to the Official Announcement
See also: Updates/8.2

Update 8.21, July 24, 2008
Alterations in creatures, drops and respawns. Anti-luring system around Amazon Camp (Venore) and the room of The Count was improved and many bugs in the map were fixed.
See also: Updates/8.21

Update 8.22, August 12, 2008
Alterations in few creatures, Wisps was removed of entrance of Ab'Dendriel and other changes.
See also: Updates/8.22

Update 8.3, September 30, 2008
It was minor update, like Update 7.7 only update technical. Changes when you say trade to a NPC. Weight of items now shown in NPC trade and other changes.
See also: Updates/8.3

Update 8.31, October 1, 2008
24 hours after patch 8.3 be implemented, is launched this patch to remove some bugs in NPC trade.
See also: Updates/8.31

Update 8.4, December 10, 2008 (Christmas Update 2008)
New city Yalahar has been added, including areas: Fenrock, Mistrock and Vengoth, along with new quests, outfits, spells and monsters.
Major Game Update 8.40
See also: Updates/8.4

Update 8.41, March 18, 2009 (Spring Patch 2009)
The death penalty is reduced and blessings changed to fit for all levels. Each blessing reduces your item loss resulting in five blessings acting as an amulet of loss. The maximum stamina limit is reduced from 56 to 42 hours and the regeneration changed. 42nd hour of stamina gives premium player 50% more exp. A new 2-second-delay for fighting after changing floor level or teleporting etc is added (stairhopping without getting hit is no longer possible). An experience counter is added.
Spring Patch 2009
See also: Updates/8.41

Update 8.42, April 22, 2009
The new Privacy Policy becomes effective and there are some bugfixes.

Update 8.5, July 1, 2009 (Summer Update 2009)
Revamp of Carlin, Thais and Edron, and several caves have their looks improved. New quests, equipment, events, and new hunting grounds, were implemented. A new channel, the server log, show the damage and loot messages, among others. New bosses like The Many, The Noxious Spawn and others. Existing bosses, like Demodras or The Horned Fox, have alternative raid locations have been added that make them more difficult to find. The monster balancing has been improved by changing the loot, behaviour, experience, and strength of several Tibian creatures like, for example, Water Elementals, Wisps, Werewolves, Fire Devils, Goblins, and many more. Medusa is a new and powerful monster. Added Black Skull to better protection in PvP worlds and the ability to marry with right wedding outfit and have access to your honeymoon in Meluna
See also: Updates/8.5

Update 8.51, October 1, 2009
This small patch includes better security measures concerning copying and pasting links ingame. The update caused some clients to crash.
See also: Updates/8.51

Update 8.52, October 1, 2009
This small patch just fixes what went wrong in the last patch, Update 8.51.
See also: Updates/8.52

Update 8.53, November 5, 2009 (Autumn Patch 2009)
Added war system. World type realignment. Added world transfer island, Travora.
See also: Updates/8.53

Update 8.54, December 9, 2009 (Christmas Update 2009)
Added new land, Zao.
See also: Updates/8.54

Update 8.55, March 17, 2010 (Spring Patch 2010)
All players are now able to report character names. Premium players can now enjoy two happy hours. If a character has 14 or less hours of stamina left then the loot of the monster gets destroyed. Characters that are banished now get kicked out of the game within a narrow time frame. Added new shortcut to PoI Quest.
Spring Patch 2010
See also: Updates/8.55

Update 8.56, May 5, 2010
All players are now able to report illegal public statements ingame and players suspected of using unofficial software to play. Also some content fixes had been made on the previous day's server save.
See also: Updates/8.56

Update 8.57, May 6, 2010
This small patch just fixes what went wrong in the last patch, Update 8.56.
See also: Updates/8.57

Update 8.6, June 30, 2010 (Summer Update 2010)
Zao has been expanded. Runes and potions are now stackable.
See also: Updates/8.6

Update 8.61, August 23, 2010
Report system has been extended. Beholders changed to Bonelords. Water elementals now have corpses. Also included some bug fixes and new sprites.
See also: Updates/8.61

Update 8.62, September 22, 2010 (Autumn Patch 2010)
A patch introducing new PvP features and more Achievements
See also: Updates/8.62

I understand i myself am centos guy; and for hosting it ~ its centos. But local testing / other team members need windows compiled exec.
(torrents saved the day with vs2015 community)
~ I like visual studio as it allows you to debug the application you are working on with break-points thus its easier to identify, and fix bugs.

I'll give a shot on 8.54/8 first; and then if i see issues i'll simply upgrade the 7.7 version as you recommended first.
Thanks for help so far.

@Znote
Quick question

I cannot open the provided items.otb with itemeditor (0.4.0.1) even when I tried following clients 85, 854, 855, 856, 857;

it stated
"The selected client is not compatible with this OTB(version 17). Please navigate to the folder of compatible client 854."

quite odd since i have given him the 854 first time i tried.

Last edited:
Back