• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Suggestion] Bewitched Event

Artpop

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot of people complaining about the DDoS and stuff, and when I was checking around TibiaWiki I just saw that this event begins in Tibia Global in 10 days. Now you might be thinking about what means that? Well, for those who don't know what the Bewitched Event is, I'll give you a preview and my suggestion (Skip to SUGGESTION if you already know about the event):

(Taken from TibiaWiki)

The Event:
To avert the wrath of evil spirits, all Tibians will have to help the good witches to create a powerful spirit brew. Gather exotic ingredients and protect the witches' cauldron from the forces of destruction. (Legend)

Required Equipment
The required equipment may vary depending on the way you use to reach the quest area. If you follow the method shown in this page, you will only need a machete.

Machete.
Rope.
Shovel.

The cauldron needs approximately 200 of any of the following items at one time (not per person), you may add as many as you can until the pot is full.
Chicken Feather
Bat Wing
Bonelord Eye
Vampire Dust
Spider Fangs
Scorpion Tail
Lumps of Dirt
Tarantula Egg
Centipede Leg
Sulphurous Stone
Minotaur Horn
Goblin Ear

Method:
The event happens near Venore under the Green Claw Swamp. The quest area can be reached by many ways, one of the entrances is located here:
Witch%27s_Cauldron_Quest3.png

You must go down several levels in order to get to the quest area.
Witch%27s_Cauldron_Quest1.png

Phases
A new phase begins every 8 hours starting after January 12th Server Save. When the event starts, the message The witches of the green claw swamp need your help to protect the world from the bane-bringers. can be seen upon login. It's possible to check the time left until the next phase by looking on the Witch's Clocks around the cauldron.

Ingredients
Ingredients are shown in a room before you get to the cauldron's area. The ingredients you need are chosen randomly (except for the first, which is always Lump of Dirt on all servers) and can be repeated. The cauldron needs 200 of the needed item every phase.

Wood
You can also use dry pieces of wood to receive extra favour points. Note that these pieces must be used on the slide of the cauldron. Also, dry pieces of wood does not have any consequences for the quest or its success. This means your world won't lose the event if nobody adds wood to the slide.

Bane Bringer Raids
Pieces of wood can be looted from Bane Bringers which spawn randomly in the area below the cauldron as well as in the beggining of every phase, except for the first (20-35 spawns every raid). They can be killed effectively using physical attacks. There is also a chance for to Bane Lord to spawn, a boss which carries up to 3 dry pieces of wood as well as rare Taming Items.

Favour Points
Once you've added items to the cauldron, you can speak to NPC Minzy (here) about trading. You can trade favour points earned through filling the cauldron for Health, Mana and Spirit potions. You will get an amount of favour points for each ingredient you put into the cauldron, which varies with the different ingredients. Keep in mind that the favour points you gained will transfer to the next year's event if you choose not to spend it now. For more information, ask about her "job", "ingredients", "favour" and "trade".

World Reward
For 10 days the Game World will get:
Experience Points are increased by 5%.
Death penalty is reduced.

Suggestion:

Now, if you've read it all, my suggestion goes to introduce this event into ShadowCores, but not as easy as it seems, since ShadowCores has always more than 1,000 players online at the same time, and also most of them are level 100 or more, there are some changes you could make:

1) Change some of the required monster products used in the cauldron:

Chicken Feather
Bat Wing
Bonelord Eye
Instead of Vampire Dust, you could put Demon Dusts.
Instead of Lumps of Dirt, put any Draken product.
Instead of Tarantula Eggs & Spider Fangs, you could put Spider Silks.
Instead of Centipede Leg, you could put Kollos Shells.
Sulphurous Stone
Instead of Minotaur Horns, you could put Sea Serpent Scales.
Instead of Goblin Ears, you could put Hydra Heads.

2) Add more number of items for the cauldron to be full.

It is approximately 200 of each items to make the cauldron full, this could be changed to 300 or 350.

3) Change the time limit for the task:

Instead of giving a total of 10 days, you could add only one week (7 days) as time limit.

4) Rewards:

For 7 days the Game World will get: (Originally 10 days)
Experience Points are increased by 10%. (Originally 5%)
Death penalty is reduced.

And finally, why should Talanturen and the rest of the ShadowCores administrative team should do this?

You are going to get more active people wanting to bring the 10% extra exp to the world, plus it seems to be a really fun challenge to do, I know it is easy to write about it, but hard to make it... But i really think you've got a really great team who can make it. Instead of "Free bless and exp for everyone PLSSS" you could make them EARN their own experience bonus.

Sign if you agree.

FINALLY A WORD QUEST
I've personally been looking at this on wikia, trying to get an event this seems perfect, it's good because players will try to complete this tasks.

Signed

something like light barer or devovorga would be better than this i think. it would be cool to have a world quest though

Edit: i only think this bc we already have xp bonus and with those quests we could actually get useable rewards.

That's a great idea and i think also this event is one of the most usefull they can actually add btw the devovorga is a nice one too :)

No offence this seems great, but the players wont get 200 of each items, they hardely even make hota on this server, Tho adding devovorga for a month with a npvp zone would be great, its a hard monster and everyone would have to work as a big team, Like rl tibia. Atm there is no rl server that has the same amount of players like shadowcores not inc. aurora and aurera.
Signed but for devovorga.
/WibbenZ

No offence this seems great, but the players wont get 200 of each items, they hardely even make hota on this server
That's true, but Hota reward is just a helmet that almost no one uses, this event is different we are talking about experience bonus and less death penality which many player's are cryng for, 200 of these items can be look like "no one will go around in search of these" well maybe it's right but, in the same way with 1k of player active most of them may bot but this can be done, maybe the demon dust the spider silks and the sea serpent scales may look a bit too much since the demons are overhunted and may be hard to collect all the dusts needed but for example orc tooth's, demonic essence's or soul orbs may feet perfectly since the orc tooths haven't a high loot rate and the other ones are dropped to "non very easy" monster to kill for low levels

That's true, but Hota reward is just a helmet that almost no one uses, this event is different we are talking about experience bonus and less death penality which many player's are cryng for, 200 of these items can be look like "no one will go around in search of these" well maybe it's right but, in the same way with 1k of player active most of them may bot but this can be done, maybe the demon dust the spider silks and the sea serpent scales may look a bit too much since the demons are overhunted and may be hard to collect all the dusts needed but for example orc tooth's, demonic essence's or soul orbs may feet perfectly since the orc tooths haven't a high loot rate and the other ones are dropped to "non very easy" monster to kill for low levels

I can relate to that HOTA is mostly a worthless quest on a server like this, But devorga would be better, players would want the rare items and the exp from devorga her self. But one thing that would be cool is if they add all montly event like rl .
/WibbenZ

Maybe since they want their server to be so much like cip just add the world quest cip is doing for that month. And the next month do the next one.

Over everywhere, as I wrote before, I took the info from TibiaWiki ;)

Don't see the point on commenting it without signing or not though.

Yes, I saw you did.

Consider my comment off-topic, then.

Back