• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regen formula for math fags

(HEALTH / 100) * ((math.sqrt(8.0 * (ARMOR / 500) + 1.0) - 1.0) / 2.0) * 500

2sbvodl.jpg

ITS OVER 9000! RAAAH

So I will not be on til tomorrow after work. But I am the only person on the server that able to craft outfits. They are not cheap. It takes 600 cotton and 200 copper. For the outfits. Currentlyi can make beggar and druid outfit. Soon I can make nomad. If you get me the raw materials I will make it for 200 iron but if I get all materials I will be charging 1200 iron but we can talk about lowering the price. Msg me on the server tomorrow. My name is Loki.

So I will not be on til tomorrow after work. But I am the only person on the server that able to craft outfits. They are not cheap. It takes 600 cotton and 200 copper. For the outfits. Currentlyi can make beggar and druid outfit. Soon I can make nomad. If you get me the raw materials I will make it for 200 iron but if I get all materials I will be charging 1200 iron but we can talk about lowering the price. Msg me on the server tomorrow. My name is Loki.
you arnt the only one anymore! and i got you some eq, shawn got some upgrades so you get handmedowns.

Just gotta say this server rocks! One of the best ot's i''ve ever played! :)

is anyone else having trouble loging in? im stuck at character selection

2utths4.jpg

THE one and only

edit: AND OFCOURSE after staying up ALL night to get these runes and RP i Spell it wrong.. FUCK you sleep! xD

Who else can make then right now Koodles? As far as i have seen no one else has used as much crfting as I have. And I can make more than one outfit right now. Druid and Beggar, and soon I will be able to make the nomad outfit as well.

It would be nice if the buying eq from blacksmith could be improved for buying big qualities. I tried buying t5s for 200k and its really tedious because not only do you have to buy them one by one, the npcs are really unresponsive.
This isnt really much of a problem if all you say is hi -> trade, but as soon as you say more than two things to an npc the reaction is really slow. The colosseum reward dude has the same problem.
Would be nice if either npcs were made more responsive or if you could buy in bulk or bolth.

A way to unsocket items would be nice too (could be made expensive too)

Last edited:
They give you the item in a quality. Sometimes it comes out really good for example look at Koopa's weapon. It would be stupid to buy in bulk and have it not have any quality on it at all. It is a nice lil incentive for leveling up and collecting money. As for tedious.. get over it quit being lazy.

Lol did you even READ what I wrote?
You have to say 5,1 EVER SINGLE TIME YOU BUY ONE ITEM (t5 in this case). ontop of that you need to wait about 5 seconds each time because the npc doesnt react fast.
Now add up how long that takes if you want to spend 200k. All im asking for is there to be an option to buy like 5 or 10 of the items at once.
How the fuck does have anything to do with quality or me being lazy?
By your line of thinking they should also make scraps and potion flasks only buyable one by one because it would be lazy otherwise.

It would be nice if the buying eq from blacksmith could be improved for buying big qualities. I tried buying t5s for 200k and its really tedious because not only do you have to buy them one by one, the npcs are really unresponsive.
This isnt really much of a problem if all you say is hi -> trade, but as soon as you say more than two things to an npc the reaction is really slow. The colosseum reward dude has the same problem.
Would be nice if either npcs were made more responsive or if you could buy in bulk or bolth.

A way to unsocket items would be nice too (could be made expensive too)

On here the npcs use a delayed talk feature that I guess simulates the npc talking to make it feel more like an rpg. It is an easy change but I decided to use it because it does feel a bit weird going to an npc and typing 515151511515151511551515 and then loot pinata everywhere, or a quest npc and saying hi, yes, yes, yes, yes and then he instantly tells you all the dialog at once xD. It is just there to make the server feel more like an rpg that's all, as for the bulk buying I could add that to make it easier.

As for unsocketing items, this is not something that can be added any time soon. The enchanting system was meant to be a permanent addition to your items and the runes themselves were meant to be consumables so they have to constantly be crafted and used. Because of this the system was not designed to support the removal of those enchantments. If I do add something of the sort, no item before said update would have the ability to have its sockets removed for that reason.

On here the npcs use a delayed talk feature that I guess simulates the npc talking to make it feel more like an rpg. It is an easy change but I decided to use it because it does feel a bit weird going to an npc and typing 515151511515151511551515 and then loot pinata everywhere, or a quest npc and saying hi, yes, yes, yes, yes and then he instantly tells you all the dialog at once xD. It is just there to make the server feel more like an rpg that's all, as for the bulk buying I could add that to make it easier.

As for unsocketing items, this is not something that can be added any time soon. The enchanting system was meant to be a permanent addition to your items and the runes themselves were meant to be consumables so they have to constantly be crafted and used. Because of this the system was not designed to support the removal of those enchantments. If I do add something of the sort, no item before said update would have the ability to have its sockets removed for that reason.

Could you make it easier to abandon and retake taxidermy tasks too, its very annoying having to spend 15 seconds just to retake a task only to get a low number again. Or perhaps you could let players pick how many they want to do between the random boundaries already set.

Quitting a task was never meant to be a feature, it was something that was added by popular demand because people would take tasks they could not handle and then not be able to do tasks for a long time until they could manage to finish it. I know a lot of people are retaking tasks to get higher numbers so they can bot longer before having to return to town, this is not something I am willing to cater too unfortunately. If this becomes a problem I will add a 1 hour wait time between quitting missions. The point of the npc is for HIM to give YOU the task, not the other way around.

Lightning Bolt is kind of a joke of a spell. My suggestion for it is to be set to a toggle type attack.

Regarding the item socketing I understand you dont want to make it too easy, but the way it is right now runes are absolutly NOT being constantly created and consumed. Since you cannot resocket your gear if you move up a tier you need to wait for a equipment upgrade, and once you hit a significant plevel that happens very rarely.
Tbh 99% of the runes I created were just for enchanting lvling purposes and the other 1% were either for me or my friends gear. Almost all the runes I made just idle around in dp and collect dust.THat absolutly kills their trade value and as soon as more people hit t3 runes will be absolutly worthless and you will probably be able to get 100 t3 runes for 1k. If gear hardly ever changes but you can move up a tier in enchanting and put better sockets in your gear you will always have a reason to make the best runes you can and put them in your gear.

Regarding the delayed npc talking feature I litteraly had 0 clue that was the point it took so long to talk to every npc. I thought it was just technical limitation that they didnt react fast lol.
Im sure this would be alot of work but if npcs would talk more like little jimmies mother, I think it would be clearer that they dont react to you because they cant talk so fast.
So npc convos look like -> sentence->pause->sentence
Not like huge ass paragraph->pause->pause-pause
Would feel alot more natural.

Regarding the item socketing I understand you dont want to make it too easy, but the way it is right now runes are absolutly NOT being constantly created and consumed. Since you cannot resocket your gear if you move up a tier you need to wait for a equipment upgrade, and once you hit a significant plevel that happens very rarely.
Tbh 99% of the runes I created were just for enchanting lvling purposes and the other 1% were either for me or my friends gear. Almost all the runes I made just idle around in dp and collect dust.THat absolutly kills their trade value and as soon as more people hit t3 runes will be absolutly worthless and you will probably be able to get 100 t3 runes for 1k. If gear hardly ever changes but you can move up a tier in enchanting and put better sockets in your gear you will always have a reason to make the best runes you can and put them in your gear.

Regarding the delayed npc talking feature I litteraly had 0 clue that was the point it took so long to talk to every npc. I thought it was just technical limitation that they didnt react fast lol.
Im sure this would be alot of work but if npcs would talk more like little jimmies mother, I think it would be clearer that they dont react to you because they cant talk so fast.
So npc convos look like -> sentence->pause->sentence
Not like huge ass paragraph->pause->pause-pause
Would feel alot more natural.

This is the problem with people knowing what the 'higher' runes give.. if people didn't know about higher tier runes, they would use the lower tier ones without question.

But, as it is right now, people view the lower tier runes as a waste of time.. if it isn't the best people don't care.. I wish there was a way to break this mentality, but, I don't have a good suggestion.

Also, I would like to see the one hour delay on getting a new mission from the taxidermist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom