• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't rush them. They've been working on this server for a LONG time and the longer they take the better it will be when it finally releases.

I'd rather they work on it till it is ready than release it half-done.

Soon means many different things for different people.

This isn't bad mouthing Xagulz, it's just a fact of life.

Let him work on it, and get it right, as this server is pretty hard to work on to begin with, no need to rush him

- - - Updated - - -

Chaos was only made for fun and was going to be added to our multiworld project which was going to consist of all projects and they were all going to be accessible via the same ip/client/account with characters being labeled with the corresponding server. Unfortunately Gelem and myself soon discovered that the multi-world system would conflict with back-ups and rollbacks. While we do not plan to have rollbacks it is a necessary step to plan for such things in the case of an error. The problem with this is that in order to roll back 1 server we would have had to roll back all servers in the "multi-world". We decided this was an unacceptable situation to put players through on servers unrelated to the one with an error. For this reason the multi-world project is a no go and thus OT Chaos will not be put back online. It was fun for the month or so it was online however not enough players were interested in it and thus was not worth the resources it took to keep it online.

Madness 3 was a solo project and a continuation of the outrageously high rate server known as Madness. I can not say for sure if I will end up finishing that project as I have already said I really want to make an RPG.

Hyperdrive 2 was a team project LONG LONG ago, XDC was a team project recently. Both servers are RPG servers and both projects have been tied together to create 1 amazing project. As of now Project XDC can be known as Project X or Project XDC or Hyperdrive, they all refer to the same project now. Currently this project is using the map from Hyperdrive and the systems designed for Project XDC. Throughout the course of development a lot of things have changed, I would like to provide screenshots but I feel that the time it takes to edit all the images and upload them could be best used to just work on the server.

TL;DR
Project XDC and Hyperdrive 2 are now the same project using the map from Hyperdrive and the systems outlined in the teaser for XDC. I am working hard to get the server playable for open-beta so I have not been taking many screenshots for the forum.

Here is a few before/after screens of some things that Snuggles has helped beautify! (and yes the before images are my sh***y mapping lol)

I'm not going to lie to you, I actually prefer most of your old "shitty" mapping compared to Snuggles stuff, even though I am well aware that the attention to detail is far greater in Snuggles mapping, but it losses alot of the simple charm that was there before, and "landmark" features.

You can really see it in the 3rd towns picture, where the emphasis of the town was the giant waterfall, and now it's a bunch of whatever.

I'm not saying that Snuggles stuff is bad, it's obviously much better mapping in the terms of effort, and skill, but I feel a lot of the over detailing, and all the roofs and what not, take away from some of the old "simple" charm, which some times can be appealing in it's own right.

Yo this is Exorcist ive played all the ots produced by these guys and i really think this one might take the cake in terms of super originality, slirpa makes great shit..... maybe pretzel will play this with me that little bitch

I played madness 2 and from what I've read here, madness 3 looks awesome. Can't wait!

Yo this is Exorcist ive played all the ots produced by these guys and i really think this one might take the cake in terms of super originality, slirpa makes great shit..... maybe pretzel will play this with me that little bitch

Pretzel? that guys a faggot, ill beat him up any day, the day he tries to approach me i'd drop him no doubt, ill hack his acc, he likes men and took it in the butthole in college i guess for a 20 sack

Pretzel? that guys a faggot, ill beat him up any day, the day he tries to approach me i'd drop him no doubt, ill hack his acc, he likes men and took it in the butthole in college i guess for a 20 sack

You seem mad.

I think the OTS community might manage to pull off a comeback, with the relaunching of Rise of Abaddon, Kingdom Age, along with this server.

It looks really sick though, Keep up the good work. <3

I'm on the server alpha testing(playing) bwhehe, let me just tell you if his server was a chick...
10/10 would bang.

Been playing the test.
Fucking sweet ots so far. Feels like a whole new tibia.

0:54 of the video it looks the the temple of Terra Silent.

This is better than anything I've played for a long time, I'm really enjoying it, just hope it doesn't fall off later on.

How does one get invited to the test? If it helps I have imense experience betatesting server/mmorpgs/othergames and I love to provide gameplay feedback :)

By far the best server i've played. And the bosses.... the bosses are absolutly redicules. Ive never ever seen this kind of scripting before, love it.

Big UP for this server!

I'd like to join alpha testing. Please contact me if you're interested in having a decent player test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back