• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos and Death were busy with school and stuff and because of this, you were in charge of continuing the server. And instead of doing so, you decided to start working on a new server?

I really hope the server flourishes and becomes a server that people will remember for a long time but at this rate it seems that none of you care about it anymore...

Why would I be in charge of continuing a team project by myself? That would defeat the purpose of it being a "team" project. However here I am doing it anyway, so I don't really understand what you are getting at x.x.

Woooo DestinationSer is right again.
If you are asking "what are you speaking about" look at page 1. Not bothering quoteing it

Honestly after developing OT Servers for over 5 years a person tends to lose interest. Hyperdrive 2 was a project that I failed to complete due to 2 members from my team quitting out on me and I didn't have the ambition to do it alone. Chaos Reborn was in fact released and people played it for about a week then went back to madness, I was only planning on reopening it for fun. While I am not saying you were wrong in saying XDC will not be finished for a long time I would like to point out that this is the first project I have been so enthusiastic about that I took the time to make a video teaser for. With that said, I am still very interested in this project which is why I am picking it up myself. Hopefully when death and chaos are finished with school they will have time to work on another project and we can make something even better than this server. It will for sure take longer for me to finish this server alone however its also not just as simple as downloading a real map and throwing it online, it is a process and it will be done when its done.

So after they're done with school they help you out with another project....,for some time. Then they get a job or go back to school and your stuck once again on your own. Then rather then getting people to join the project and help you out,you give up for the third time on another (x) project and wait on them to message you about another project you will never actually finish. And it goes on,and on, and on.

There are other people wishing to help out other then those 2 guys who do not have enough time to do such a thing. Why do you even consider joining them for another project?

So after they're done with school they help you out with another project....,for some time. Then they get a job or go back to school and your stuck once again on your own. Then rather then getting people to join the project and help you out,you give up for the third time on another (x) project and wait on them to message you about another project you will never actually finish. And it goes on,and on, and on.

There are other people wishing to help out other then those 2 guys who do not have enough time to do such a thing. Why do you even consider joining them for another project?

Working together on a project is something we have been wanting to do for awhile but never had the chance. The thing with school is they are always having to study on top of work a job and such however once they finish school they will only have to worry about a job which will free up a lot of their time. To answer your question about other people, there are trust issues tbh. I have never been one to work with other people on servers for this reason. The only reason we considered working together on a project is because we have known each other for years now. While I am not opposed to receiving help from people, I am not willing to risk the integrity of a project on a random person online that I've only just met.

With that said, I did say I am willing to receive help and truth be told my mapping skills are nothing more than horrid... it would greatly speed up the development of the server if people are willing to donate pieces of map for me to use. I will post from time to time areas that need remapped. If someone is willing to help remap these areas their forum name will be noted and they will be compensated on release. Also if someone has a random piece of map that they would like to see in the server I am more than willing to try to squeeze it into the current map and ofc the author will be compensated. Just drop me a private message with the link or post it here which ever is easiest for you!

Here is a few old areas for now that need redone:

13kHI.jpg

This area needs to contain a road as shown in the picture. It is located right south of town.
1Ouk1.jpg

This is suppose to be a small outlaw camp!
ZAjiJ.jpg

This is a small remote mountain town. The remapped area can replace the entire mountain or just the town inside. It may or may not contain an underground cave system.

Last edited:
I honestly thought the server still had a chance, but after reading your last posts (especially the "Why would I continue the server by myself?") I can say without a shadow of doubt that this project is dead.

@jpghard
You sure make a lot of uneducated assumptions.

@Izzor
Glad to see that! :)

This project is clearly not dead if he is still updating the post with updated map.. he said he was doing this solo which takes time to have a perfect balanced OT. If you don't want to wait and play an OT that is not balanced.. make your own OT and have fun.. i bet you wont have much fun tho.

he said he was doing this solo
Look at the previous posts, when Death and Chaos left, instead of working on this he started working on Madness III. Clearly he doesn't have much interest in continuing this project.

Look at the previous posts, when Death and Chaos left, instead of working on this he started working on Madness III. Clearly he doesn't have much interest in continuing this project.

madness 3 would actually have players because people like the easy servers. you wanna know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE EAAAAAAAASY

regardless of how fucking amazing this server could be/will be i dunno.

90% of tibia players dont appreciate rpg servers, they just look for blue circles, none there? log out

I started working on Madness 3 when death and chaos started having problems finding time to work on the server. I was simply waiting for them to finish up their real life stuff so we could get back into developing this project. It had nothing to do with lack of interest, the way we were doing things it would have been wrong for me to just take the project over and do what ever I wanted and then they come back to the project with systems in place that we never discussed. Now that I have talked with them and we have determined that they will not have time to continue this project I had 2 choices, Madness 3 or this. Since I have been wanting to develop a RPG server for some time now I have decided to work on this project.

This is the best explanation I can manage to put into words, if this still confuses you then I suppose you will just have to go troll a different thread =\ sorry.

Edit: Image #1 has been remapped. Just need something nice for the other 2 now :)

Ever seen a forest in tibia? I am sure you have, BUT!!! Have you ever seen that same forrest completely obliterated by a hatchet!!?!!?!
So while testing a few things tonight I couldn't help but laugh and decided to share the fun :D It seems someone chopped down a few cherry trees!

Before:

After:

well ím looking forward to play either the new project x or madness 3... Due to my experience with your kind of servers "slirpa" i know for a fact that you will make a amazing ot. Regards // Archlord - Madness II

Change the title to Project Xagul or Xagul's OT or FBJ (Fuck Bill / Jason). Don't give them credit for not doing shit.

I can't find the server IP for Project XDC?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find the server IP for Project XDC?

Slirpa, is there any chance we could have some kind of hint to when the server is opening? We've been waiting months for this kind of info but seem to be hearing nothing about the server.

Cant you just finish Madness III so we can play there while we are waiting for this new Project to be completed?

Last edited:
Looking forward for this server! :)
- Kalli/Cyntero from Madness II

Hey Shawn, it is Loki. I will help out with the mapping if you want. Just have to get the stuff to do it again. I am willing to help out any way I can. Let me know. Get on vent or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back