• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so is the beta up yet or what seems i cant log on and make an account even though i want to >.< just curious

18:52 Uptime: 740 hours and 12 minutes. Its up lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Its obvious why this server is so low in population now.
The rates play a part because they are still ridiculously low even if you play all day but still a bit better than they were after the major nerf.
The real problem is that - every single developer of any game nowadays releases finished products as "betas".

Every single server on the otservlist seems like an alpha in comparison to this yet they are "released" and thats why they pull more players.

Yea sure alot of content was added but even the first version I played was still something you could play and still be wowed by how awesome it was.
This server isnt even up on otservlist is it?
We basicly just had the hardcore crowd that monitored this thread and nobody else.
And now apparently this is going to where 90% of the betas go.
Nowhere.

If the only thing that mattered was how good this server was we would have 400 players and xagul would be swimming in donations - but thats not how it works.
I agree about It should be removed out of beta. But thats not the only reason its so slow. Theres a few people still waiting on the jungle for one.

I am no longer interested in the development of this server. I have tried on multiple occasions to work on it however I find myself questioning if its worth the time spent. Every time I ask myself that question the answer seems to never change, this server has had the most disrespectful community out of any server I have developed over the 6+ years I have been doing this, the small amount of active players just make the server hard and frustrating to develop, my attempt at making the most fair donation list that I could think of has left me with little profit.

Being that I am now 22 years old there is no realistic way that I can be putting 10+ hours a day by myself working on a server that has a small amount of mostly disrespectful players and does not at least come out to half of what I could be getting if I just went and got a minimum wage part-time job. It has been very fun working on this server and I have learned from the mistakes made. Hopefully Madness 3 will be more appealing. It is certainly less complicated so more people will be able to grasp it and enjoy it.

Again I want to remind everyone that donations will be carried over from this server to Madness 3. I have been working on it off and on and I expect it to be done sometime next month although that really depends on what all comes up. I would rush it for all of you however I fear that if I do that I will burn myself out and that is never a good thing.

We're waiting for jungle... :/
I am sorry, the jungle is not coming.

repeat of madness 2 except this time people couldn't afk bot for a month at a time so they quit a little quicker

I assume the thought process behind this (and all of Xagul's) decisions went something like this:

BEGIN
Player: I WANT BE BEST. I GIV MONEY. HERE.
Xagul: Thank you. I will be here every day so your money is going to good use.

...amount of time passes until you cannot chargeback on PayPal any longer...
Player: I wonder where Xagul went all of a sudden...
Xagul: thinks to self ~one dollar, two dollar, three dollar... damn these noobs will never learn. Making da money!~
Player: ~attempts to chargeback~ WHAT THE HELL! IT IS EXACTLY PAST THE CHARGEBACK DEADLINE! WHHHHHHHHY? QQ

...three months later after server is dead...
Xagul: ANNOUNCEMENT! I AM OPENING UP A NEW SERVER! IT WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER! YOU'D BE A DAMN FOOL IF YOU DON'T JOIN!
Player: Hmm, I'll just try it for a little while...

goto BEGIN
First of all, fuck you.

Now that I got that out of the way... I wish that this server had been making me tons of money because if it had it might be worth putting up with people like you and I would still be working on it. However if you had actually logged in and looked at what was offered in the donation shop you might understand why this server actually made close to nothing and has lost my interest. It's quite simple for me really, a server must achieve 1 of 2 things for me to put as much work into it as I do.
1. The server must be successful by having a decent sized active and RESPECTFUL community and it must cover the cost of hosting. This makes the server fun to develop and keeps me entertained.
2. If #1 for some reason does not occur then the server must turn a profit. Putting in well over 10 hours a day into a server that is not making me money is not realistic. I do love making OTs but when its not fun and most of the community is as disrespectful as you are then it is no longer fun and thus becomes a job. What do people do when a job pays like shit? They move on.

And so as you can see none of those conditions have been met by this server, largely because of people like you and so the server must go. Sadly I was hoping this would be the last OT I would make, it was suppose to be a fair donation server that was supported by its own community and it was designed to last much longer than it did, to put it into perspective there were 22 tiers over half of which never made it into the game and most of which were obtained within the first day of the server. 2 more would appear in the jungle which would last about 1,500 levels so all in all for the hardcore player there was at least a year of planned content, that is a mind blowing amount of content for causal players. Sadly, the community for the most part (not all of you and u know who you are) was complete shit and the donations were not enough to be worth my time and headaches.

wow! I was right, he really is making a new server since this one is dying! I didn't hear anything about a new server, I wonder why that was never mentioned anywhere on the forum or the server or by Xagul himself. perhaps he wants people to keep playing while he has given up on YET ANOTHER failed server of his? kind of pathetic for a host to do that.

thank you for confirming my suspicions though. and fuck off dude, no one said anything about you donating/donations returned/any of that shit. I just said that as soon as he can't be charged back he leaves his servers and starts working on another one. this server is a perfect case and point example of that.
I am working on the next Madness server because that is what the majority of the players want. I have had numerous players in-game ask me when madness is coming back, that coupled with the fact that this server has been sitting on 20~ players for well over a month and after taking a week break it dropped to 5-10, I think its quite obvious this server was a mistake. As for another failed server, this is my first failed server and you compare this to Madness 2 when that server was online for over 3 years... I most definitely consider that a success. It really is a shame because if u step back and look at what this server brings to the OT scene you would see that it really is something amazing and I was really excited about it. I just wish the majority of the OT community that is remaining didn't want to sit on all these fake (and tbh quite terrible at that) tibia servers. With the exception of shadow cores ofc being that it is the only good real map. Oh and before I forget... Again, fuck you. Have a nice day! :)

Xagul is one of the only owner that actually doesnt care about donations he does it for fun. Donations wasnt even enabled until it started getting ddos. ^_^
Thank you for noticing, although that is partially incorrect. Before we were forced to put the server on a dedicated host I didn't care about donations, after that however the donations needed to pay for the hosting costs.

Ok my bad then because I searched for project XDC.

I wouldnt have even recognized it without being told though lol.
Should have alteast used the same name instead of Crazy-Ots-PVP-RPG 3 though
We have been using crazy-ots.com for the past few years now, the only reason this thread is titled project xdc is because the project was started by Xagul, Death, and Chaos. Once they disappeared for 4 months and I took the project on by myself the old name was dropped and it went back on our original server (crazy-ots.com).

Serv IP also sounds kinda amateur'ish on a side note >.>
crazy-ots.com < website
server.crazy-ots.com < redirect to the game server
Most games use the same system but with different sub domains such as login, game, w1, 2, 3 (assume it stands for world 1, 2, 3, ect). Point being that it is not unheard of to use a sub domain to redirect to the game and use the simplified ip address for the website.

Unless you are referring to the crazy-ots part. Crazy-ots sums up multiple servers we have hosted over the years, all of which were custom. So unless you can think of something better...?

I find it weird how people can be disrespectful cause from my point of view Xagul has been doing the best hes able to for the servers hes been developing through time. I understand that its hard for him to find time to host a ot even develop it right now as so do I. I am pretty sure Xagul got a real life to as everyone else does so being disrespectful to him is just mean.

Crap.. damn that means I'm going to keep being bored. Well see you on next server ;) .

Just shut it down :p I know when I was playing,I really asked myself alot "does he get anything from this server"... It was all custom,maps,monsters,loot,alot of scripts,and the donations were horrible,only outfits,an extra perk <.<

So,about madness 3,is it going to be a high prestige kind of server? I really like those :D

Make sure to give players the power to use ctrl + z on the madness server. I would be sad if I would take a peek and find out that I cannot use it ;)

Noo our uptime is gonna go down lol.

04:35 Uptime: 749 hours and 55 minutes.

It was fun while it lasted. But the community did ruin the server, still was a fun server that I spent a lot of time on sure others have to. See yall on madness 3 i guess.

I'm very very very disappointed to hear that :/
i kind-of saw it coming, though.... i tought it would take 2 more months.... when is the server getting cut?

Crap.. damn that means I'm going to keep being bored. Well see you on next server ;) .
Just shut it down :p I know when I was playing,I really asked myself alot "does he get anything from this server"... It was all custom,maps,monsters,loot,alot of scripts,and the donations were horrible,only outfits,an extra perk <.<

So,about madness 3,is it going to be a high prestige kind of server? I really like those :D
I'm very very very disappointed to hear that :/
i kind-of saw it coming, though.... i tought it would take 2 more months.... when is the server getting cut?

I have already talked this over with Gelem and we both see no reason to shut the server down. It will remain online, most likely on port 7172 once the new server is online. I may even work on updates from time to time if I feel like doing it although from the looks of things now, nobody is interested in playing anyway so meh. Also some time down the road if I can find a small team of people I may pick the project back up. If I do this I really would like to update it to the newest version and use the OT Client to make it better. I am still not sure how many people would be interested in that so don't hold me to it, it's just an idea.

Make sure to give players the power to use ctrl + z on the madness server. I would be sad if I would take a peek and find out that I cannot use it ;)
If you log in, how could I not have bug reporting that would be the worst thing evar! Nuxohiz #1 bug reporter.

Personally i'd have gone with something like...

1) ProjectXDC.com/org/net/nl
2) ProjectXDC.no-ip.org
3) ProjectXDC.servegame.com
4) ??? What are the options. Something like that above would be much more unique though.. The projects name alone sounds dope

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing that I cant remember the servers IP outta my head neither >.> Always gotta go to this thread to copy & paste it. Wouldnt be the issue with one of the mentioned IPs above ;P

Is it wrong that that the thing I'm most sad about after seeing this announcement is that I never got to learn cooking skills and very well may never get the chance to?

this server has had the most disrespectful community out of any server I have developed over the 6+ years I have been doing this
Anyways, I am not sure how I feel about the claim of having a "disrespectful community" though. It is almost a jab/insult to those of us who were die-hard fans/players/members of the community. Personally, this was the only community I have seen where no one does safe trade and no one gets scammed (except Riddick being an ass). In all reality, the community may actually be too nice. Whenever I chatted with people I had hated my entire time on the server they still showed me very good manners and respect. We had our differences, and there were arguments and name calling, but afterwards we went back to just enjoying the server. There will always be a rotten apple or two like the aforementioned individual you quoted, but that does not reflect on the community at large. Actually, I'd have a bit of trouble attempting to find "disrespectful" people actually playing on the server at all. I don't know, I kind of think this was a poor choice of accusation, even if you said it wasn't all, I don't like the idea of suggesting it is the majority (or even enough to be a minority). My feels are slightly hurt...

Again I want to remind everyone that donations will be carried over from this server to Madness 3.
Just for clarification sake, does this include donations from Madness 2? I mean, technically speaking, Madness 3 is the successor to Madness 2, so the donations should theoretically be carried over... right? Just teasing. :D

So, anyways, I'm pretty excited about this announcement, but at the same time I'm not excited about it at all. Madness was too mindless for my tastes, it lacked the epicness that you have proven you are capable of (although, I loved the mini games <3). As far as anyone who would say this server was a failure in any way, they deserve a swift kick to the ass and I hope the door knocks them the flock out. While I could point out that this server needed more explanation/guides/organization than it received, when people learned how to play they tended to fall in love with it. The learning curve was just too high, especially for a server on a client known for botting but the ability to AFK-bot non-stop taken away. :(

I love this server. I hope you find your happy place soon and then come back and start pouring your heart and soul back into it. Once you do decide to come back to it, please PM me on here and let me know and I can start creating a ton of guides/explanations for you. I started on it before and have about 6 guides in a folder so far but never put them anywhere because I felt it would be lost/ignored while there is nowhere dedicated specifically for this OT. I'll be waiting for your return mister! :)

wow! I was right, he really is making a new server since this one is dying! I didn't hear anything about a new server, I wonder why that was never mentioned anywhere on the forum or the server or by Xagul himself. perhaps he wants people to keep playing while he has given up on YET ANOTHER failed server of his? kind of pathetic for a host to do that.

thank you for confirming my suspicions though. and fuck off dude, no one said anything about you donating/donations returned/any of that shit. I just said that as soon as he can't be charged back he leaves his servers and starts working on another one. this server is a perfect case and point example of that.

welll uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how many of his servers do you think failed? go back to 8.0 hyperdrive was his most solid server IMO but didnt bring as many players as when he started his Madness in 8.1. Then releasing a new hyperdrive but didnt really get people on it but later he kinda turned that into madness 2 and well we all know people played that OT for so damn long it's ridiculous. P.S you know you didnt fail on OT making when you have so many servers out there that use the blue print madness laid down for them----------------------------- Sincerely, Exorcist AKA Pretzels Little Brother ^_^

@Xagul you better put some of those xdc scripts in the next madness or something, it had to many unique features to not do so especially you could do so many types of classes :eek: , ill still say xdc was probably top 5 servers of all time especially in originality well GG to the nice ot :p

Last edited:
Very glad to hear the server won't be shutting down, also, Shawn....
you should know this server is far from a failure.... this is definitely one of the best servers i've ever played (and will continue to play), and, just so you know, most of the players have unspeakable respect for you... Don't let that idiot "Pneumonia" get to you,
we know how hard it is to develop a server all on your own, and not even get recognition for them. I'm looking forward to playing Madness 3... i'm sure its gonna be awesome, every single server you've made so far has been ^_^ (and i've played them all)!

also, Pnuemonia
bill-murray-you-suck.jpg

Is it wrong that that the thing I'm most sad about after seeing this announcement is that I never got to learn cooking skills and very well may never get the chance to?

Anyways, I am not sure how I feel about the claim of having a "disrespectful community" though. It is almost a jab/insult to those of us who were die-hard fans/players/members of the community. Personally, this was the only community I have seen where no one does safe trade and no one gets scammed (except Riddick being an ass). In all reality, the community may actually be too nice. Whenever I chatted with people I had hated my entire time on the server they still showed me very good manners and respect. We had our differences, and there were arguments and name calling, but afterwards we went back to just enjoying the server. There will always be a rotten apple or two like the aforementioned individual you quoted, but that does not reflect on the community at large. Actually, I'd have a bit of trouble attempting to find "disrespectful" people actually playing on the server at all. I don't know, I kind of think this was a poor choice of accusation, even if you said it wasn't all, I don't like the idea of suggesting it is the majority (or even enough to be a minority). My feels are slightly hurt...

Just for clarification sake, does this include donations from Madness 2? I mean, technically speaking, Madness 3 is the successor to Madness 2, so the donations should theoretically be carried over... right? Just teasing. :D

So, anyways, I'm pretty excited about this announcement, but at the same time I'm not excited about it at all. Madness was too mindless for my tastes, it lacked the epicness that you have proven you are capable of (although, I loved the mini games <3). As far as anyone who would say this server was a failure in any way, they deserve a swift kick to the ass and I hope the door knocks them the flock out. While I could point out that this server needed more explanation/guides/organization than it received, when people learned how to play they tended to fall in love with it. The learning curve was just too high, especially for a server on a client known for botting but the ability to AFK-bot non-stop taken away. :(

I love this server. I hope you find your happy place soon and then come back and start pouring your heart and soul back into it. Once you do decide to come back to it, please PM me on here and let me know and I can start creating a ton of guides/explanations for you. I started on it before and have about 6 guides in a folder so far but never put them anywhere because I felt it would be lost/ignored while there is nowhere dedicated specifically for this OT. I'll be waiting for your return mister! :)
I did specifically say that not everyone was disrespectful, as I said in my previous post... you know who you are. This decision was made long before Pneumonia even created his otland account. As for people not safe trading, that is not really valid proof at all. We all know DeathZot (both 8.0 and 8.6) had a pretty bad community, I have never safe traded on either of those servers and I have never been scammed. Aside from a few individuals that I refused to trade with back in the old days, most people will not scam in a trade because they know that it will hinder any chance of they trading in the future. I guess it all depends on what you are trading as well, low to mid value items are less likely to attract a scam where as high value items are a bit different. I do however agree 100% with your comment about the learning curve and the fact that I used 8.6 but turned around and nipped botting in the butt. That is why if I pick this project back up in the future I feel this server requires a custom client at least if not the newer tibia version as well. Mounts seem like the bare minimum for an rpg like this imho and more item/monster sprites couldn't hurt either. As for the learning curve, I have asked on multiple occasions what exactly is confusing for a new player and I received a handful of suggestions all of which were implemented into the "New Player Quest" npc. Sad to say it didn't help. People on OTs refuse to read, this is another reason why I feel custom client is necessary for this server. Being able to provide players with picture tutorials in-game will help a lot with the learning process. If you take a step back and look at what the server was, it was good. But with a few extra helping hands it could have been great, to reach that point there just isn't enough hours in a day for me to do it alone. And the hours I did place into this server were bashed by many here on the forum. Since this forum is the main source of advertisement having all the negative comments really didn't help the matter at all.

I wish I could say this was an exaggeration however I feel the numbers speak for themselves. In the first week we had 70 active players, few weeks after that we were down to 50, then for a while we sat at a steady 30, finally I took a week break and logged in to see 10 people. Granted I understand why some people got bored being that they were at a content barrier for a week... but since the population of the server has been dwindling down since week 1 and there was a constant stream of updates for the first 2 months, I can't consider that a valid reason at all. Also note that the fact that new content was not created in a timely manner has 0 effect on new players starting. This means that for the server to go from 30 players to 10 in 1 week means that those 20 players were all at the top meaning there were virtually no new players at all. So in conclusion either 1 of 2 things happened. Either every single player that logged into the server was confused immediately and could not figure out how to kill basic monsters like every other server in existence (in which case the concept of this server is flawed) or the community in-game was not as friendly to new players as they were to each other (in which case my comment about a bad community goes further than I was aware of).

@Xagul you better put some of those xdc scripts in the next madness or something, it had to many unique features to not do so especially you could do so many types of classes :eek: , ill still say xdc was probably top 5 servers of all time especially in originality well GG to the nice ot :p

I will release a preview eventually once I get the core systems all figured out but as I said before, I have learned a lot in the making of XDC so definitely look forward to some cool stuff on the new madness :D! An idea that is already finished is just what you are asking about in your post actually. Vocations will be stored on a book that you can equip in your arrow slot. This means that you can at any time decide to play a new vocation without making a new character/name. This also allows players to level up their vocation and trade it for a different vocation. There will be a few starting vocations and lots of extra vocations that are unlock-able each with their own unique set of abilities. In Madness 2 there was a huge problem with people trading accounts/characters and scamming each other, this will be the solution to that!

@Xagul ...... will there be a closed beta for madness 3 like u had for xdc?

One thing that I forgot to say, but is probably useless now: don't let pirate deathwalkers drop t9 equipment. It's quite weird to walk around with a t6 set for ten days and once I went to pirates I was walking around with a t9 set within 10 days.
The gap could also be closed a bit if there was something other than demons and the big bridge troll dropping t7. Maybe even having the t6 monsters having a low chance to drop t7s. A chance that is like 10 times smaller than the t6. When the gap between wyrms and pirates is smaller due to this the pirates can also be enjoyed more. For me there was no content since I couldn't go to pirates and once I could I was like: is this everything since I'm walking around with a full t9 set already after just two good team hunts. More monsters areas where a certain tier could be dropped can also help. Now it was like: hunt elder dragons till you can hunt wyrms efficiently and then hunt those till you can reach pirates. Once at pirates you wouldn't hunt the quaras or on the islands, but go straight to pirates. After level ~200 the road you walked was like taking the high way like everyone else and taking an other route would slow you down a lot.

The additional perk points were good since they closed the gap a bit between wyrms and pirates, they also gave place to some creativity, but what I regretted was that it 'forced' everyone to level all artisan skills to level 30. With doing that you achieved the opposite of what you doing: botting gave a huge advantage there. Training the artisan skills are not the most exciting things and botters could just let the bot do it. I saw several people who were against botting asking for bots and scripts to level the artisan skills up. Especially fishing was much easier for botters who knew one of the two spots on the map where only 1 fishable square was so they could fish with a 100% efficiency. For non-botters it was little rewarding since the food you obtained was terrible for the amount of time you had to put in it if you would go straight for 30 fishing.

It turned out to be more than just one thing xD

Edit:
I never heard about a server where you can change vocation that easily and level your character and vocation separately. Sounds like an other cool idea. Hopefully Madness will be more popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back