• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope u'll reuse the bossm obs from xdc in ure new madness server they rocked! :) (escpecially the 2nd ,3rd & 4th dungeon boss)

the vocation by book thing is gonna be badass but dont just make alot of different vocs so that theres a million books flying everywhere make it a challenge to get diff vocs like you have to level warrior/druid or cleric or w/e its called nowadays to certain levels and then you combine them to make a different vocation just a suggestion no need to take what i say to heart or anything but cant wait for madness 3 XD

I think the way that it is set up there will be a lot of different vocs but its not gonna be easy to get them ofc, and not everyone is gonna wanna level up a new char every time they obtain a new book.

the vocation by book thing is gonna be badass but dont just make alot of different vocs so that theres a million books flying everywhere make it a challenge to get diff vocs like you have to level warrior/druid or cleric or w/e its called nowadays to certain levels and then you combine them to make a different vocation just a suggestion no need to take what i say to heart or anything but cant wait for madness 3 XD

If you have played either madness 8.0 or madness 2 you should remember the Cods (circle of death runes). These runes will no longer exist in Madness 3, the reason is that each vocs spells are located in the vocation book itself. You can think of it like a rune for each spell. Each vocation uses the same spell "runes" so you can easily switch between vocs without having to remember all the different spell names, this also allows me to make spells that are "use on crosshair" such as GFB type spells which madness has never had before. So now instead of having Cods as the uber rare drop, it will instead be vocations and some other goodies that will improve your character. That's whats planned for now, there may be other ways to obtain new vocations such as event rewards and maybe an npc who sells them.

Shame that it's not going to be updated. Just started it and it's really overwhelming! (in a super good way)
How much of the things on this server will carry over to this Madness server? All? Some? None?

why is everyone talking about MadnessIII.. you told ME that after / if this server wont run good you are done with tibia. forever.

why is everyone talking about MadnessIII.. you told ME that after / if this server wont run good you are done with tibia. forever.
I won't lie, that is exactly the same thing he told me as well. He told it to a few people, and a part of me thinks he really should call it quits. Not because I want to see Xagul go, hell no not at all, but I just feel like he is wasting his talent here. Creativity is a rare skill that a lot of employers are seeking out now, hell I'd probably even hire him at my work just because I know he has dedication to projects he does. Still... even though I think this is a waste of his talent... I don't want to see him go out like that.

Xagul is good at his high experience servers, they pretty much run themselves and he can add things at his own pace without people complaining (bitching/crying/rage-quitting) that there is nothing to do. They also are higher money-makers, which to be perfectly honest I think Xagul deserves for all the bullshit he puts up with and the amount of time and effort he puts into his work. I say if he's really going to be done with Tibia he should end on a high note, which I'm 99% positive a Madness server will end up being.

Hey Xagul, will you put the 8.6 otchaos back up for a while so I have something to do. I get bored after work and would like to play it for a while.

If you can thanks.

Loki

I say if he's really going to be done with Tibia he should end on a high note
^ This. I really expected more people to be interested in a completely new concept for OT. I never expected it to be the opposite. I did say I was done after this server, but that was on the assumption that this server would actually last. I am not satisfied with how this turned out so I will work on a server that I know people like.

^ This. I really expected more people to be interested in a completely new concept for OT. I never expected it to be the opposite. I did say I was done after this server, but that was on the assumption that this server would actually last. I am not satisfied with how this turned out so I will work on a server that I know people like.

how long til you think a beta like you had for xdc ;)

The concept was great. The server is great. I know a few people was just waiting for it to get out of beta. I just think the learning curve was just to much for some people. We know most players like the tp maps. Which myself I hate them. I love having a new map and exploring it, instead of the download and play evo map we all know and love lol. Im still playing xdc if anyone needs help im saint evil/tjay ingame. And as for madness 3, Ill see you guys there when its released.

Tjay

You've also been getting a few new players. When there actually people on that help them out. No offence but your tutors never really helped. Some feedback ive been getting, since i started back/helping some of the new players, is to have starter tutorials, for mining, smithing, forging, etc. Like a Wiki page would be ideal. It seems people just get stuck in the beginning the just give up. Maybe if you decide to work on it after madness maybe add a website for basic tutorials that your tutors or even yourself can can make. Ive had to explain just about everyone one of these to the fresh players that recently started. Just a few ideas/some things people have been telling me.

Take care,
Tjay

You've also been getting a few new players. When there actually people on that help them out. No offence but your tutors never really helped. Some feedback ive been getting, since i started back/helping some of the new players, is to have starter tutorials, for mining, smithing, forging, etc. Like a Wiki page would be ideal. It seems people just get stuck in the beginning the just give up. Maybe if you decide to work on it after madness maybe add a website for basic tutorials that your tutors or even yourself can can make. Ive had to explain just about everyone one of these to the fresh players that recently started. Just a few ideas/some things people have been telling me.

Take care,
Tjay

I've been complaining about no explanations/guides/website pretty much since the first week I started playing here and I still haven't really seen any development toward such an obvious solution for the server. I have a lot of respect for Xagul but he is too involved with the server to really understand just how incredibly beneficial guides would be. All he would have to do is host them in a central location, hell I had even started making guides for the exact things you listed. Reality sank in and I quit after a half dozen because I know it would be pointless to post them on here because they'd just get lost like what happens to the majority of the update announcements. Sadly I've pretty much all but given up on here though, I know Xagul put his heart and soul into this server but I just feel like my personal efforts are somewhat wasted and I am more of a helper than a gamer.

PS: Don't make such a broad statement about "tutors never really helped," please. When Xeno was active he helped out my alt characters quite a bit and I also have helped out as much as I can during my time on the server. Currently there are no real tutors though, the ones who previously held the tutor position were mostly just individuals who were high level and no real consideration was put towards whether they really deserved the position or not...

Well just about everyone one of them did nothing. lol. Xeno was like the only exception. And I helped people daily lol. Still do. And I agree there should be another forum or a maybe even a sub forum for this to post updates/guides, etc.

i hope i get to play madness 3 before i head out to Scotland, i really really would love to ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back