• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i do is loot knight spells lol! but yet i think the same about the weakness of non-shadow armor melee spells. I cant remember the last time i looted a mage spell

Update

• New Spells:
  • Thunderstorm
    -Soul Cost: 12
    -Type: attack/magic
    -A large thunderstorm electrocutes enemies at the casters location.
  • Shadowflame
    -Soul Cost: 6
    -Shoots a wave of fire and death in front of the caster.
  • Soulfire
    -Soul Cost: 8
    -Unleashes power of fire and death, all focused into a single attack.
  • Prismatic Beam
    -Soul Cost: 10
    -Shoots a beam of elements in front of the caster dealing more damage the further away it hits.
  • Strafe
    -Soul Cost: 7
    -Type: attack/range
    -Shoots multiple low damage projectiles in rapid succession.
  • Iron Grip
    -Soul Cost: 0
    -Type: enhancement/melee
    -Increases the users strength substantially, allowing the use of two maces at once. The second mace must be equipped in the secondary weapon slot (ammo/belt slot). Armor is reduced by 50% while active.
  • Meteor Strike
    -Soul Cost: 15
    -Type: attack/melee
    -The user jumps into the air and crashes down into the ground sending a shock-wave outward from the target.
  • Defense Curl
    -Soul Cost: 1 (per hit)
    -The user takes on a defensive form reflecting damage to nearby targets. The amount of damage reflected is based on the users armor.

**NOTE: The damage of Defense Curl is based on the armor of the player however it is capped at the damage of the original hit BEFORE armor reduction.
    Example #1: Rat hits player for 100 > Player has 75% damage reduction > Rat only hits 25 > 100 damage is reflected
    Example #2: Rat hits player for 10,000 > Players armor-to-damage formula totals to 500 damage > 500 damage is reflected.

• Fixed the exit of a hidden place in the desert so players may now leave without using recall.
  • Fixed a bug where arcane missiles and lucky seven could shoot through walls.
  • Fixed a bug where focused barrage said it would only take 50 soul but was instead taking 100.
  • Fixed a bug with Divine Aura, it should now heal party members properly.
  • Fixed a bug where boomerang said it was only taking 6 soul but was actually taking 7.

• Added the 3 multi-tools to the reward shop.
  • Increased the experience reward from the 3rd dungeon to 30,000,000 (up from 25,000,000)
  • Mana potions will no longer heal more than x% of a players maximum health. The percent is based on the type of potion.
  • Increased the time between global saves to 30 minutes (up from 15 minutes).

• Whirlwind soul cost reduced to 12 (down from 15) to match similar magic spell costs.
  • Meteor damage increased by about 15%
  • Arcane Torrent will now shoot the same amount of energy balls regardless of how much room is in the area. This is a test as requested by popular demand, if it becomes to powerful it will be re-balanced.
  • Arcane Torrent is now considered an ultimate ability.
  • The damage of chain lighting is now spread across all 3 seconds of casting instead of all damage being done in the first second. This will lower the burst capability of the spell but leave the overall DPS untouched.
  • Reduced the amount of armor lost when using Shadow Armor to 25% (down from 50%)

Last edited:
  • New Spells:
  • Thunderstorm
    -Soul Cost: 12
    -A large thunderstorm electrocutes enemies at the casters location.
  • Shadowflame
    -Soul Cost: 6
    -Shoots a wave of fire and death in front of the caster.
  • Soulfire
    -Soul Cost: 8
    -Unleashes power of fire and death, all focused into a single attack.
  • Prismatic Beam
    -Soul Cost: 10
    -Shoots a beam of elements in front of the caster dealing more damage the further away it hits.
  • Strafe
    -Soul Cost: 7
    -Type: attack/range
    -Shoots multiple low damage projectiles in rapid succession.
  • Iron Grip
    -Soul Cost: 0
    -Type: enhancement/melee
    -Increases the users strength substantially, allowing the use of two maces at once. The second mace must be equipped in the secondary weapon slot (ammo/belt slot). Armor is reduced by 50% while active.
  • Meteor Strike
    -Soul Cost: 15
    -The user jumps into the air and crashes down into the ground sending a shock-wave outward from the target.
  • Defense Curl
    -Soul Cost: 1 (per hit)
    -The user takes on a defensive form reflecting damage to nearby targets. The amount of damage reflected is based on the users armor.

**NOTE: The damage of Defense Curl is based on the armor of the player however it is capped at the damage of the original hit BEFORE armor reduction.
    Example #1: Rat hits player for 100 > Player has 75% damage reduction > Rat only hits 25 > 100 damage is reflected
    Example #2: Rat hits player for 10,000 > Players armor-to-damage formula totals to 500 damage > 500 damage is reflected.

• Fixed the exit of a hidden place in the desert so players may now leave without using recall.
  • Fixed a bug where arcane missiles and lucky seven could shoot through walls.
  • Fixed a bug where focused barrage said it would only take 50 soul but was instead taking 100.
  • Fixed a bug with Divine Aura, it should now heal party members properly now.
  • Fixed a bug where boomerang said it was only taking 6 soul but was actually taking 7.

• Added the 3 multi-tools to the reward shop.
  • Increased the experience reward from the 3rd dungeon to 30,000,000 (up from 25,000,000)
  • Mana potions will no longer heal more than x% of a players maximum health. The percent is based on the type of potion.
  • Increased the time between global saves to 30 minutes (up from 15 minutes).

• Whirlwind soul cost reduced to 12 (down from 15) to match similar magic spell costs.
  • Meteor damage increased by about 15%
  • Arcane Torrent will now shoot the same amount of energy balls regardless of how much room is in the area. This is a test as requested by popular demand, if it becomes to powerful it will be re-balanced.
  • Arcane Torrent is now considered an ultimate ability.
  • The damage of chain lighting is now spread across all 3 seconds of casting instead of all damage being done in the first second. This will lower the burst capability of the spell but leave the overall DPS untouched.
  • Reduced the amount of armor lost when using Shadow Armor to 25% (down from 50%)

Fixed a bug with Divine Aura, it should now heal party members properly now.

I no haz gud inglis but i tink dat dis is 1 now tu mach

Fixed a bug with Divine Aura, it should now heal party members properly now.

I no haz gud inglis but i tink dat dis is 1 now tu mach

• Fix a bug wit updait knotes, Divine Aura knote shoud now displai proper inglis now.

a bug* and the bug u think u found isnt a bug that would crash the server or what not, not a map bug. U never found "Bugs" u found a small typo it seems.

I have a few spell suggestions. Idk if you would call these utilities or not but I do think they would be best as toggles.

All attacks have a chance to drop meteor on opponents.

All attacks have a chance to freeze opponents in their place.

All attacks give a chance to cast buff for 100% crit rate for an amount of time.

I have a few spell suggestions. Idk if you would call these utilities or not but I do think they would be best as toggles.

All attacks have a chance to drop meteor on opponents.

All attacks have a chance to freeze opponents in their place.

All attacks give a chance to cast buff for 100% crit rate for an amount of time.

A "hidden" perk/passive that makes you randomly uses your most leveled spell on basic attacks.

killing the 5th dungeon boss

el5y5u.png

I have some idea; I think while people keep using the spell lots of time it get boring.. so MAYBE it will be awesome if you could evolve your spell untill lvl 30... and what it does it will lightly increase the dmg/regen and the effect of the spell will change, still will be called the same way. This might be good just in order to ppl want to get lvl 30 on their spells only to see the effect and the new dmg/regen they will have.

As I said, its only an idea that might be usefull to make the server even more fun.

-Level 30 (Only attk/regen spells)
-Change the effect and make it look awesomer
-Add more dmg/regen to the effect

PS- Please give your ideas, maybe we all can get to an agreement and support my idea and make it real. Thanks
-Liro.

Update

• The multi-tool should now cause players to walk to distant objects when using it from far away (like a normal rope, shovel, ect~).
  • The fishing rod has been removed from the multi-tool (officially). Players may still use it to fish however the limited range makes it impossible to fish in most areas.
  • Players using the booming voice spell may now be placed on your ignore list.
  • The great stone dragons fireball attack will now drain all mana shield from distant targets. Its damage has been increased to provide a challenge for players at the proper level for the boss.
  • The great stone dragons tail swipe is now on a separate cooldown from the rest of his attacks.
  • The mountain of giants will now yield 45,000,000 experience upon completion.
  • Decreased the amount of damage wraiths deal.
  • Decreased the melee damage of gremlins near holica.
  • Dynastes should not spam aoe as much now.
  • Increased the health and experience of tainted abominations.
  • Added a short cooldown between linking items with !link.
  • Increased the damage of steady shot slightly.
  • Increased the damage of fury slightly.
  • Darkhand Magus will no longer use arcane torrent.
  • Slightly increased the experience of sand wyrms.

I have some idea; I think while people keep using the spell lots of time it get boring.. so MAYBE it will be awesome if you could evolve your spell untill lvl 30... and what it does it will lightly increase the dmg/regen and the effect of the spell will change, still will be called the same way. This might be good just in order to ppl want to get lvl 30 on their spells only to see the effect and the new dmg/regen they will have.

As I said, its only an idea that might be usefull to make the server even more fun.

-Level 30 (Only attk/regen spells)
-Change the effect and make it look awesomer
-Add more dmg/regen to the effect

PS- Please give your ideas, maybe we all can get to an agreement and support my idea and make it real. Thanks
-Liro.

This post is to talk about the logics of the systems on this server, not necessarily this being needed to be changed.

But, what I am getting at, is how the machete, hatchet, scrap saw, and hammer don't have durability attached to them, while the fishing rod, and pick do.

It would make sense that all the tools would have durability attached to them.

But instead, only the two that are thought as more valuable (and they are for player advancement..) have durability on them.

The machete allows the player to harvest materials needed for making potions.
The hatchet helps the player get materials for addons/outfits and decorations.
The scrap saw helps a player sustain his equipment by getting scrap.
The hammer is required to repair an item or a tool.

All of these things are valuable, be them in a 'lesser' extent than mining materials.

They should have durability on them for consistency, and just to have a level of management of your tools in the game. You should haven't some things have to be managed, while others don't, it just isn't logical. Management adds another level of game play mechanics to the server, works as a money/time sink, and is just interesting in it's own right.

Hell, potion flasks should have durability on them, and it goes down when you drink from them, and fill them up!

(for people wondering about the hammer (the repair tool) you would just use another hammer on it to repair it)

(I also think fishing should require worms)

I am working on a rather extensive update, it will take some time to work out but some of the things I am looking into are:

1. The melee role. The damage range of melee was suppose to be sorta like tibia where the low end is low and the high end is high, this however made knight spells weaker in some ways so I am thinking about increasing the top end of knights spells a bit higher to give them that feel of "wow I just hit this" even tho its only on rare occasion.
  2. The "assassin" role is under played. I think this is largely due to the lack of uniqueness in their gameplay. With koopas help I have laid down a new set of items that will be especially useful to assassins. These items will be the only items in the game able to roll movement speed as a base stat.
  3. With better items becoming more and more common, it has become a standard that players are using regen more than any other stat. Looking at rune use statistics it is clear that regen runes are the most popular and also I personally have noticed most players building their characters extremely defensive via regen. While this is not a bad, it does seem to force players into a specific build pattern. I am looking into a way to keep regen useful but make it less of a staple stat.
  4. Not everyone likes to mine, but most people like $$$! I am looking into making the other gathering artisan skills useful for gaining money by making the items they gather sellable to the appropriate npc.
  5. Players at the higher end of progression are getting closer and closer to the end of the BETA content. I will be working on the next zone for players to explore and it may or may not appear in the next update. For those of you who love jungles, you will love this next area (IT IS GINORMOUS)
  6. A new challenge is coming to town... the desert town that is. More waves of baddies in the Colosseum are soon to be and the owner of the Colosseum is planning on adding a team arena. This will be treated as a dungeon and should provide a new and interesting twist for players to overcome.

These are just a few of the things that I have noticed so far, as I work on this update the list will more than likely grow.

Last edited:
I like the knights one the best :D The whole update is going to be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back