• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] - Project XDC - 8.6 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea about the orbs dropping less often but being worth more. One problem I can see with it as someone said earlier, missing orbs because you are fighting something hard which would suck even more in this scenario. If they drop every time and you miss a few its no big deal, but if they drop say 5% and you miss one its like missing 20. I would like to give it a try as is and if it needs changing then that's what we will do.

when is the host gonna fix theyre godamn shit, taking 2 days to fix a hardware issue is just un-acceptable by all standards, how hard is it to swap out a dodgy ram stick or change a faulty wire or to swap the host to a different machine until its fixed, im assuming its a Paid-for Dedicated machine thats hosting it? so why are they fucking about for 2 days with theyre fingers up they're arses :/

It's not that it takes 2 days to replace a ram stick, it's that it takes a while to determine what was the actual cause of it. Not to mention Gelem has been away all of yesterday and this is his area of expertise. Quit acting like a child, I think you know it would make no sense for us to sit here and stare at a broken machine and be like "LOL THEY CANT PLAY TIBIA HAHAH NOOBZ"... Get real.

The one day my work actually gives me off and the server is down... my life is officially over... I shall go outside now and die from vitamin d overdose. I hope you can live with yourself knowing my inevitable death was your fault, Xagul!

Seriously though, I can imagine this is a pain in the ass for both parties. This is your product and you have new ideas that you want to test out. I had seen people getting kicked a lot during their gameplay, was that anything to do with the current problem or just something wrong with the client side rather than server?

"LOL THEY CANT PLAY TIBIA HAHAH NOOBZ"
MZZA8cM.gif

The one day my work actually gives me off and the server is down... my life is officially over... I shall go outside now and die from vitamin d overdose. I hope you can live with yourself knowing my inevitable death was your fault, Xagul!

Seriously though, I can imagine this is a pain in the ass for both parties. This is your product and you have new ideas that you want to test out. I had seen people getting kicked a lot during their gameplay, was that anything to do with the current problem or just something wrong with the client side rather than server?

MZZA8cM.gif

You're hilarious :)

MZZA8cM.gif

Actually an intoxication of vitamin D due to sun exposure is highly doubtful (if not impossible) :( But to show you I'm not plotting against your jokes, you could get skin cancer first! Which would also make Xagul feel horrible! :w00t: love

Actually an intoxication of vitamin D due to sun exposure is highly doubtful (if not impossible) :( But to show you I'm not plotting against your jokes, you could get skin cancer first! Which would also make Xagul feel horrible! :w00t: love

When and where is the sun most dangerous?

UV radiation from the sun is especially damaging under certain conditions, including the following:
•from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
•from mid-Spring through mid-Fall
•at latitudes nearer the equator (for example, Florida)
•at higher altitudes
•when there is no thick cloud cover (and clouds only block 20% of UV rays)
•near water, snow, or other highly reflective surfaces

Instead of orbs can you get people to type like 2-5 letter words? nothing too long

Any status update on the condition of the server? How long until it's expected to be fixed?

Instead of orbs can you get people to type like 2-5 letter words? nothing too long

Oh heavens no! Just set up a watch message and then boom you never fail. That would remind me of those shitty servers that do a "type the letters to prove you're not AFK" or worse yet the type to do "who is the fastest typer for a prize". Pretty terrible idea, this is a great server, NOT a novice or shitty server. Besides, I don't use a full keyboard while hunting, so that would kill all hopes for extra exp for me. :(

EDIT FOR LAUGHS
auto 200 if [(section purposely deleted) 'Lets play a game'] {filedelete '$name secret.txt' | set $secret [($cutstr.$secret.48.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.50.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.52.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.54.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.56.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.58.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.60.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.62.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.64.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.66.1)] | filewrite '$name secret.txt' '$secret'}

EDIT FOR LAUGHS
auto 200 if [(section purposely deleted) 'Lets play a game'] {filedelete '$name secret.txt' | set $secret [($cutstr.$secret.48.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.50.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.52.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.54.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.56.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.58.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.60.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.62.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.64.1) + ($cutstr.$secret.66.1)] | filewrite '$name secret.txt' '$secret'}

Just wtf is that... i hate secrets...
please give me a script that gives me more exp.
please.

Just wtf is that... i hate secrets...
please give me a script that gives me more exp.
please.
It is part of the script I used on some terribly lame server when there was : inbetween letters and you were forced to reply the letters without the : (i.e. :K:U:S:E:p:V:J:S:S:V: ). It is such a novice addition to a server, I would hate to see such a professional looking server like this stoop to being that lame. Any regurgitating of letters is always a bad move. Let me click! :(

Last edited:
Update

New Feature: Experience Orbs!
Monsters will have a chance to drop orbs of experience when killed which players may step on to collect bonus experience. These orbs will last for 60 seconds before disappearing. The orbs will be spawned in a random location near the monster killed and will only be visible to the player its for. You may not steal other players experience orbs. The intention of this feature is to provide more experience for killing monsters while also benefiting manual players more than bots. The effectiveness of these orbs should DOUBLE the current experience rate assuming a player never fails to collect any of the experience orbs. However, an orbs experience will not diminish when more than 1 player is attacking a monster which can potentially increase your experience per hour much more when hunting in larger parties. WARNING: Orbs can spawn on top of ramps/ladders/stairs. If this happens you will be unable to collect it, sorry :(.

Fishing Changes:
Fishing will now work a bit different. When a player uses a fishing rod on water it will start to fish as normal. Once a fish is located it will start splashing, the player must cast their fishing rod at the location of the fish to catch it.
The players fishing level will still determine which type of fish can be caught however there are a few key differences with this system:
  1. Shrimp are now level 10 to catch.
  2. The higher a players skill is, the better chance to successfully catch the fish.
  3. The higher a players skill is compared to the requirement to catch a fish will determine how many of that fish is possible to catch at one time. Example: Shrimp require 10 fishing, a player with 20 fishing will be able to catch up to 2 at a time.
This is the first step in the process of making artisan skills harder for players to bot, it is a test concept and we would appreciate any feedback regarding this new system.

Other Changes:
  • Fish will now heal up to 35% more (depending on the fish).
  • The health of monsters (boss included) in the second dungeon has been reduced by 50%.
  • The health of monsters (boss included) in the third dungeon has been reduced by 70%.
  • The selling price for raw ore and small gems has been drastically reduced.
  • The weight of scrap has been increased by 300%.

Server will be back online in about 5 minutes!

So i was wondering...Can anyone just make a script to step on that orb everytime theres one?

- - - Updated - - -

So i was wondering...Can anyone just make a script to step on that orb everytime theres one?

- - - Updated - - -

YEEEEEEE BITCHES

18:03 You see a offensive spell tome.
It weighs 19.00 oz.
Spell: fury
Type: attack / melee
Description: The caster lashes out in rage striking the target randomly.

o.o Accounts were not deleted. Week or so ago characters were reset, but everyone still has their original account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back