• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ TFS 1.2 player/monster movement animation

Mindee

Alright, alright, alright....
Reaction score
Hello,

I've downgraded latest tfs 1.2 to tibia 8.1 and I have an issue. Animation glitch (jumping) appears (every few steps) when I use autowalk or when monsters are walking. Movement isn't smooth like walking with the keyboard.

Where could be the problem? Or it's a client issue?

Solution
Sounds like the movement speed calibration between the server and the client mismatch. If the server sends the client that a rotworm is here with the speed of 200, the client will try to estimate the % the monster have moved between 2 sqms based on that speed and direction.
But if the server speed formula is different and render it differently, then it will look rubber-bandy on the next server->client position broadcast because the client will adjust and move the monster to its more correct position.
Sounds like the movement speed calibration between the server and the client mismatch. If the server sends the client that a rotworm is here with the speed of 200, the client will try to estimate the % the monster have moved between 2 sqms based on that speed and direction.
But if the server speed formula is different and render it differently, then it will look rubber-bandy on the next server->client position broadcast because the client will adjust and move the monster to its more correct position.

Solution

I see. I'll look into it.

Back