• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS1.0] Ingame Manager (Administrating Players and such)

fetch it once, in table (don't use local)
you may show results this way: for i = page * results, page * results + results do
if id is invalid just use doPlayerPopupFYI with error that this monster was killed or something
Well I do it like that already, problem is if a monster is killed and respawns it gets a new id, so I need to fetch monsters from new once you open up the manager, else it wont get all monsters :p
I thought about adding just the new monsters into the pre cached table but that wouldn't make it much of a difference, then just completly re cache it.

I had some hard time thinking of a good way to make the monster administration work (with a high ammount of monsters)
but finaly found a good solution where it doesn't effect the server in any bad way.
I'm caching all the monsters once the server loads the spawns (so I have them all fetched, before even a player could login) this highers the ammount of ram usage for around 150mb in the server loading process but once it's fully loaded it goes back to normal.
I've also compared how much ram it takes to store the 45k+ monsters in a table which was around 8mb~ steady more ram usage then normal, so it's not really an issue either.
Now I can go back and concentrate on options and all that stuff, might be done by the end of the next week.

Even though Im not using the TFS distros at all, I really enjoy seeing that people are putting in time to help keeping the community and distros updated with new features and options. If you get this done correctly and well optimised, it has a lot of potential for people running their first servers or with poor knowledge about the servers in general.

Great work Evil Hero! Hope to see more contribution like this to keep the community alive and interesting!
(please be careful with heaps of database queries)

I had some hard time thinking of a good way to make the monster administration work (with a high ammount of monsters)
but finaly found a good solution where it doesn't effect the server in any bad way.
I'm caching all the monsters once the server loads the spawns (so I have them all fetched, before even a player could login) this highers the ammount of ram usage for around 150mb in the server loading process but once it's fully loaded it goes back to normal.
I've also compared how much ram it takes to store the 45k+ monsters in a table which was around 8mb~ steady more ram usage then normal, so it's not really an issue either.
Now I can go back and concentrate on options and all that stuff, might be done by the end of the next week.
If you are caching all the monsters as the server loads, what happens when the monster is killed and respawns? Will the cache be updated? Risk of memory leaks? (if monster is not removed/replaced from cache when killed)

Even though Im not using the TFS distros at all, I really enjoy seeing that people are putting in time to help keeping the community and distros updated with new features and options. If you get this done correctly and well optimised, it has a lot of potential for people running their first servers or with poor knowledge about the servers in general.

Great work Evil Hero! Hope to see more contribution like this to keep the community alive and interesting!
(please be careful with heaps of database queries)

If you are caching all the monsters as the server loads, what happens when the monster is killed and respawns? Will the cache be updated? Risk of memory leaks? (if monster is not removed/replaced from cache when killed)
Once the monster dies it's getting removed from the table (to avoid errors and garbage data)
If a monster spawns it's getting added to the table.
Btw about the queries, I basicly don't use any except for the banning player options, the entire rest doesn't need to be drawn from database.

Current look of the Monster Options
24.png

It kinda feels like I'm missing some options, can't somehow think of any atm.
I'm open for suggestions :)

I think you can submit some pull requests for features like new attribute, event and other things in main repository, also nice work you did.

I have made a test release public with my TFS 1.0 Custom version.
You can find it here: https://github.com/EvilHero90/forgottenserver
It's still experimental and has a few features missing but the core is working, will finish it soon :)
Was waiting for this, been wanting to see your management.lua for a while now, this system can also be used as a means of dialog for NPC with multi-choice return dialogs, question, is there a limit to how many characters can be placed inside "bodyText" and "choiceTable".

255 choices (everything above causes client debugs)
the bigger problem is that the choices text doesn't support line spacing, so if you have long prologs you wont be able to read them entirely

Incredible, alot of new cool stuff will be seen I believe!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Seems really awesome :)
Could you also add a function to revoke the ban?
Just curious. Otherwhise you would have always go to DB eh?

Kind regards,
Damon

255 choices (everything above causes client debugs)
the bigger problem is that the choices text doesn't support line spacing, so if you have long prologs you wont be able to read them entirely
Hmm perhaps a limitation to the original client but not for OTClient, have you ever opted to fork OTC to go along with your custom TFS1.0 server?
Expanding the limitations of the server is null if the client holds it back.

Keep up the awesome work.

Seems really awesome :)
Could you also add a function to revoke the ban?
Just curious. Otherwhise you would have always go to DB eh?

Kind regards,
Damon
before I start working on more functionality, I'll have to make a major cleanup first and break down a lot of hardcoded stuff to make it more functional.
but it will definitely be added.
Hmm perhaps a limitation to the original client but not for OTClient, have you ever opted to fork OTC to go along with your custom TFS1.0 server?
Expanding the limitations of the server is null if the client holds it back.

Keep up the awesome work.
well keeping up with both on my own requires far to much time for me, I could expand this stuff with definitions in the server but you'd still have to change it in the client on your own.

Back