• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!
Hello followers,

My name is Emil, living in Sweden, working as an automation technician.
I've worked alone on Thanatos for a really long time, but some years ago I got in touch with @Jacobs which joined my team and progress was made alot faster.

Now we managed to recruit three awesome dudes to our team, finally the progress is really fast.
I guess most of you already know I'm a perfectionist, which means I cannot release anything I'm not 100% satisfied with, this is why the launch is not just happening.
The server needs to be perfect in my eyes before it will launch, but we are really close to that right now.

Anyways, I do various of things on the project, such as coding, mapping, thinking about ideas, new features and such.

I'm going to show you a few screenshots of our client, which starting to get really good.

q4ejvwv3xd.png

Transparency panels on both left and right side, possible to set custom transparency from 0-100% in options.

jyb9wntth3.png

Health UI easy to view and it stores most important information, such as active conditions.

Things may still change in the client design, as new features and functions comes to life.

I do not want to spoil anything big about the gameplay or quests in-game, so I won't show anything like that now.

I will do a small teaser of a quest in a few days, stay tuned.

I like the project overall, but I dislike the direction you're going with the client. Offering the players a larger area to see the surrounding areas is always nice, but to make it the entire client and then add windows on top of it is something I just can't get behind. It looks tacky and prohibits players from seeing everything they should be unless they turn their opacity up. Even if they turn it up then they won't be able to interact with the environment or monsters behind the windows.
Some people may like it, but it's just a trend I cannot see the purpose to besides aesthetics. Good luck with the project, and I hope you do make the screen real estate better used.

I like the project overall, but I dislike the direction you're going with the client. Offering the players a larger area to see the surrounding areas is always nice, but to make it the entire client and then add windows on top of it is something I just can't get behind. It looks tacky and prohibits players from seeing everything they should be unless they turn their opacity up. Even if they turn it up then they won't be able to interact with the environment or monsters behind the windows.
Some people may like it, but it's just a trend I cannot see the purpose to besides aesthetics. Good luck with the project, and I hope you do make the screen real estate better used.
Yeah, I think it's a matter of taste. I personally would not have chosen it aswell, but I am still fine with it many like it. The gameplay will not suffer since you got the wider screen to compensate it.

All in all: Great job team! I am already looking forward to wednesday evening :)

7178e1-1290267-big.gif
http://www.************/OTLand/ThanatosLogo_Signature.png
7178e1-1290267-big.gif

Hey guys (& Gals)

Sorry it's late, I didn't get a chance yesterday.

I’m delighted to bring you yet another update from the Dev team of Thanatos! Many of you may already know me, I’ve been around for a few years – albeit less active the last few years but here nonetheless.

For those that don’t know me, I’ve been mapping almost ever since I discovered you could make a custom tibia server. The mapping element, in my eyes is one of the most important aspects to creating the atmosphere for a server and it’s the one I’ve enjoyed most. I’ve messed around with lua/c++ but never really enjoyed it as much as mapping. I tried my hand at spriting, in which I’m still progressing in (albeit slowly) and as a result, I joined Thanatos to help with mapping and have now been roped in to do some small spriting requirements here and there :p .

So, as you may know by the previous posts – the Dev team have decided to bring regular updates every week and to alternate across each member of the team to show what we’re each working on.

Since I’ve been part of the dev team, I’ve reworked some previous areas and started on an undead city which will relate to some of the lore.

I know a lot of you will sigh when you hear that the final intention is to recreate all tibia sprites to essentially be copyright-free but this will just be something that is done over time. As far as I’m aware, it wouldn’t impact any form of release as this is something that can be done in the background. So far, I’ve only created a couple of sprites (I am not the spriter for the server, Halfaway is sourcing those elsewhere but I help with some of the small ones).

letter2.png
letterdelivered.png
lettergif.gif

So here’s a small preview:
1.png

We are currently working on completing the starting tutorial, which will be optional.
You can choose to do the tutorial or not when you create a character.

The tutorial will show the basics in the game aswell as some advanced features/client features.

Been kind of busy irl aswell, but soon there will be some more teaser images and a list of some more changes.

Back