• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The ArchLight Project

• Thread starter Deleted member 49793
  • Start date
Thanks to those who participated in the Alpha Dungeon Test Today! @Eiffel @MysteriousDot @Shade ~ @Zasranets

These four did one of the first Dungeons available on Archlight Online. One of the easier ones.

Despite learning their new classes, they managed to complete the dungeon, after a few wipes ;)

Here are some images of their adventures today

esOAmg0.jpg

LyYtxcN.jpg

h1JwTqo.jpg

l8OGvRS.jpg

hDpJwET.jpg

iSCsHWn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, this project has it all.

1. an owner that cares for it (sir knighter)
  2. An awesome mapper (divinum)
  3. an experienced guy setting up the dedicated server to ensure stability (halfaway)

My only question is, what's unique? Don't get me wrong I love the mapping pieces I saw, not to mention the dungeons... However, are there any uhm, extraordinary features? Because in my eyes if you add features like that you got yourself atleast 400+ players. Since tibianus seems to be dying, too much hate in the thread & lack of care from the owners (or lack of time?)

PS: I hope you didn't get this the wrong way. The only reason I'm posting this is to make an excellent project extraordinary. Also to kind of extend it's life span :p as this is prolly the only project I'm looking forward to see.

In my opinion, this project has it all.

1. an owner that cares for it (sir knighter)
  2. An awesome mapper (divinum)
  3. an experienced guy setting up the dedicated server to ensure stability (halfaway)

My only question is, what's unique? Don't get me wrong I love the mapping pieces I saw, not to mention the dungeons... However, are there any uhm, extraordinary features? Because in my eyes if you add features like that you got yourself atleast 400+ players. Since tibianus seems to be dying, too much hate in the thread & lack of care from the owners (or lack of time?)

PS: I hope you didn't get this the wrong way. The only reason I'm posting this is to make an excellent project extraordinary. Also to kind of extend it's life span :p as this is prolly the only project I'm looking forward to see.

I really appreciate the feedback :) I really respect the people who put in the effort to voice their opinions in a clear way and take the time to post it. This is what allows me as a developer to sit down and rethink certain things and what needs adding. And yes we do have a powerful team, also with the addition of @RazorBlade as of recently (Who basically already was a team member, but now officially) As the few alpha testers will attest to, I hate giving away things during just Alpha days, I like to keep things as a surprise, I got this mindset from Red (developer of cyntara), as he is great at this.

We have Several systems that will be slowly released here on otland. But I like to keep a good amount as a surprise for players on launch and/or beta. You will be entertained, and you will get feels.
One thing to keep in mind, through my 6 years of being here on otland, and longer playing OT’s, I have come to a very accurate conclusion that the success of an OT usually comes down to consistency and the way it is managed. There is a reason so so so so so. Very few. Custom projects ever see the light past 30 days. It is important to have unique features, but what is more important is making features that promote a community and team atmosphere. That is what is always #1 on our mind. How can (Insert system here) promote community and a team atmosphere. Whether that is in PVP or PVE.

I have decided to leave out certain things that could be easily added, as I have already made the entire system, things that have been done time and time again on other Custom OTs. In the end of the day, we want this to be a multi-year project. Not a 1 month bang project where players are like HOLY SHIT SO MUCH STUFFS, then the developer can’t keep up and the OT is dead.

I will be posting an entire page about “The Ramparts” soon here on otland, and by soon I mean within the week. This will be a large tier dungeon system on Archlight, something to look forward to :)

I really appreciate the feedback :) I really respect the people who put in the effort to voice their opinions in a clear way and take the time to post it. This is what allows me as a developer to sit down and rethink certain things and what needs adding. And yes we do have a powerful team, also with the addition of @RazorBlade as of recently (Who basically already was a team member, but now officially) As the few alpha testers will attest to, I hate giving away things during just Alpha days, I like to keep things as a surprise, I got this mindset from Red (developer of cyntara), as he is great at this.

We have Several systems that will be slowly released here on otland. But I like to keep a good amount as a surprise for players on launch and/or beta. You will be entertained, and you will get feels.
One thing to keep in mind, through my 6 years of being here on otland, and longer playing OT’s, I have come to a very accurate conclusion that the success of an OT usually comes down to consistency and the way it is managed. There is a reason so so so so so. Very few. Custom projects ever see the light past 30 days. It is important to have unique features, but what is more important is making features that promote a community and team atmosphere. That is what is always #1 on our mind. How can (Insert system here) promote community and a team atmosphere. Whether that is in PVP or PVE.

I have decided to leave out certain things that could be easily added, as I have already made the entire system, things that have been done time and time again on other Custom OTs. In the end of the day, we want this to be a multi-year project. Not a 1 month bang project where players are like HOLY SHIT SO MUCH STUFFS, then the developer can’t keep up and the OT is dead.

I will be posting an entire page about “The Ramparts” soon here on otland, and by soon I mean within the week. This will be a large tier dungeon system on Archlight, something to look forward to :)
Awesome :), I really wish you success, because it just saddens me to see people talking about tibianus (7.6 rl map) as the next "big" thing... If the next big thing in the OT community is basically a rewind of 2005 or something then we are drowning ourselves. This is why I support your project (setting aside your dedication), because it's the "NEXT" big thing, something new on a 10.x version. Not a real map that can be downloaded with some extra features implemented. If your project goes as I think it will go, you will end up on the 1st page of otservlist (by first page I mean ranking #1 -> $#5)

Best of luck, and please inform me about updates if it wouldn't bother you, I want to keep an eye on this project :)
- Ghettobird

Looking good :D keep going and this will be big!
Make some insane hard dungeons xD the harder the dungeon the more people will want to try and grind the level to do it and the better the feeling when you finally complete it :p.

On a lot of custom ots things get too easy too fast and people get bored = leave or start PAing for fun

looking forward to the beta :)

Back