• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The future of RealOTS

You can replicate quests, map or respawns but i'll be very suprised if you do the same with whole cipsoft monster system. Good luck

Thank you :p, I understand the complexity of your question. But trust me, RealOTS monsters behavior isn't that different from OTServ, OTServ just had to add 3 features from RealOTS for it to work the way it's supposed to be. If you are curious enough, just list me what you think is different and I will kindly tell you if we have added it ;)

suggestions :
1. tasks, would be nice to have some very rare item rewards from the very hard tasks
2. party share exp (maybe a party bonus something small like 5% to encourage ppl to hunt together) or maybe something like real tibia does nowdays based on amount of different vocations in the party but not as high bonus as on rl tibia
3. auto item stack (not runes but things like gp, food) its annoying when u put things in your BP and have to stack them manually
4. ability to buy whole backpacks of runes at once (hi buy backpack of sudden death yes) this is just for convinience
5. not having to put blanks in your hand to make runes
6. poi

let me know what u think about these

suggestions :
1. tasks, would be nice to have some very rare item rewards from the very hard tasks
2. party share exp (maybe a party bonus something small like 5% to encourage ppl to hunt together) or maybe something like real tibia does nowdays based on amount of different vocations in the party but not as high bonus as on rl tibia
3. auto item stack (not runes but things like gp, food) its annoying when u put things in your BP and have to stack them manually
4. ability to buy whole backpacks of runes at once (hi buy backpack of sudden death yes) this is just for convinience
6. poi

They are great ideas and points, even more that everyone can experience an updated RealOTS game with a lot new content and features after so many years.

Tasks, of course we are going to include tasks, we haven't discussed anything about it as of yet, but certainly it's something we will add before production :)
Party share is already implemented, and I do agree on including the modern Tibia shared experience (4 different vocations + 20% experience gain) and many other different tricks we can add to make a fun experience when hunting.
Auto Item stacking, we have to discuss this one, we want the server to-still feel like an oldschool experience.
Backpacks of runes, we might end up adding this as well to ease the gameplay.
Blank runes in hands, same for auto item stacking.
Pits of Inferno, why not, we might even complete the quest ;)

I played the old Realots for a few years, and really enjoyed it. I think exp (x3) worked really well, it put the majority of even casual players into the level 50-100 stage instead of 25-50, which allowed for some great PVP and wars too. I'd probably accept exp x2, but anything less than that is a slow grind. I guess where it went wrong was when exp was increased to 5x, then the double promotion was introduced. Not that I was complaining, because I was able to hunt demons with ease at level 230~ haha. But anyway, I liked pretty much everything about the original Realots. Challenging, yet profitable loot rate (1.5-2x), Exp (3x), Skills/Magic (2-3x). I also enjoyed spawns such as Dagorlad, and the Rogue GM, haha. But I'd understand if the Rogue GM's didn't return. Anyway, really looking forward to getting started on here. To me, it's the only "Real Tibia" experience remaining, as I lost any interest in the actual game after 7.72

suggestions :
6. poi

1. agreed
2.agreed
3.disagreed
4.agreed
5.disagreed
6.agreed

i agree on 3x, with the addition of task system it ends up not being as low as you think.

A test server will take place in the next hours, the test server might run for around a week or two.

Good to see progress is being made, bet a lot of ppl are waiting for RealOTs to return.

Got home a little late :p the test server is now open, you can find the client and IPChanger download in the homepage http://realots.net/
This test server includes a fun to play rates and regeneration rates.

You will have to re-logout to see your premium features when you login for the first time.

Why did the former RealOTS owner need to recreate RealOTS in the first place? You mention in the main post you recompiled all of the leaked stuff (again).

Anyway, good luck. I miss the original RealOTS. It was a near perfect server until Red showed up and new GM's took over.

P.S. Keep rates low, no stages. And please bring back weapon enchantments! That was a very cool feature.

Why did the former RealOTS owner need to recreate RealOTS in the first place? You mention in the main post you recompiled all of the leaked stuff (again).

Anyway, good luck. I miss the original RealOTS. It was a near perfect server until Red showed up and new GM's took over.

P.S. Keep rates low, no stages. And please bring back weapon enchantments! That was a very cool feature.

RealOTS has always been limited, you were limited to just data pack edits. Maybe I used the wrong verb, I meant decompile.
Basically you were just able to:
  • Edit the map
  • Create new items
  • Create new monsters
That's it, you couldn't add new features, experience share, a better experience stages system, task system, work on the spell formulas, etc ...
Toor also liked the idea to have an expandable RealOTS game server, a RealOTS game server on which he has total control of everything.
We have also to note the difficulty it is to maintain the real RealOTS game server, we have seen it fall everytime, even when the owner was the former Iryont, it died as well.

We've always seen the community ask for new content and new features.

So we decided to make an OTServ -> RealOTS compatible, not a single line of code or byte was left behind from the original RealOTS game server.
And yes, for a production server it will be low experience :p

@Ezzz @Toor

I've logged to check some things and found some "bugs", check on screen shot

U9NnrN3kO.png

zSpCodLZn.png

To fix that tag %T is really easy, don't know if you are using Jiddo's NPC System, probably yes, so here we go:

Go to \npc\scripts\lib\npcsystem\npchandler.lua

After this
Code:
TAG_QUEUESIZE = '|QUEUESIZE|'

Add this
Code:
TAG_TIBIATIME = '%T'

Do the same thing in npc\scripts\lib\npcsystem\npcsystem.lua

Oops, forget about that

in npc\scripts\lib\npcsystem\modules.lua, in function StdModule.say(cid, message, keywords, parameters, node)

Under this
Code:
[TAG_PLAYERNAME] = getPlayerName(cid),

Add this
Code:
[TAG_TIBIATIME] = getTibiaTime(),

No, we're not using Jiddo's, we're using OTServ engine but everything else is a whole new engine.
You should stop using OTClient.

The %T interval is addressed now.

Last edited:
- Fixed the link for the IP changer.

Back