• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

The future of RealOTS

Toor

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Greetings,

Working together with a dear friend Ezzz (thousands of hours of reverse engineering, programming and testing) we have managed to re-create a 100% replica of the infamous 7.7 cipsoft engine running on an OpenTibia stack. All quests, all NPCs, complete monster AI, exact formula's, everything is done. The flexibility of OTServ combined with unmatched realism is guaranteed to provide you with the best and realistic oldschool experience that can be attained by mortal men.

In the very near future we plan to launch a test server. You can already create an account at http://www.realots.net/ and claim your character name(s). This will be a free to play server, including premium.

The server will have adequate DDoS protection, is a quad core powerhouse with 32GB RAM with failover IP and low latency.

A definitive launch date for both test and production will be announced later.
We're open for suggestions regarding design and game play.

Last edited:
H43arDF.png

A project to recreate RealOTs.
This is a non-lucrative project.​

Being a one on one replica, NPCs, monsters, map, spells, quests, actions and raids. Discarding complete OpenTibia to OpenTibia compatibility making this one of the best unique servers out there.​
With the help of reverse engineering and testing, pretty much all RealOTs features was added.

Convertion of the map files: all map files were entirely converted into a single OTBM, featuring every single data from the original files (original refreshable tiles, quests, special events and objects).
Usage of the real files: Making use of a good conversion and interpreting process feature, the server is able to use the original RealOTs data files.

Features
  • Smarter hostile creatures, no more dumb nor retarded path finding from hostile creatures unlike normal OpenTibia servers, experience an accurate movement for fast leading creatures like a Giant Spider. The role playing feel of a ranged creature being chased down, the role playing feel of monsters having each a different strategy mode.
  • Map saving feature; allowing the server to save and refresh the entire map data to keep a live server data and an original server data. No fear of losing your loot bags if it's in a non-refreshable tile.
  • Original spells and runes formulas. Thanks to a deep and long-term reverse engineering process, we were able to get the right functioning of all computed formulas in RealOTs to OpenTibia.
  • Attack & Defense formulas. After the discovery of RealOts formulas code in the reverse engineering process, we were able to DE-codify the code of projection of creature attacks and defensive formulas, this including distance attack formulas.
  • Every single thing you've seen in RealOTS (for real, ask Toor).
It has been widely known that RealOTs is a good game server engine, made by CipSoft, however being very limited itself without the original sources.
No more feedback in vain asking for brand new features or game content.

ooh shit :) looking forward to this, hope its 3x, cant make acc btw, some SQL error (Table 'otserv.__pandaac_accounts' doesn't exist)

beta when?

ooh shit :) looking forward to this, hope its 3x, cant make acc btw, some SQL error (Table 'otserv.__pandaac_accounts' doesn't exist)

beta when?

You can create your account and characters now. It was an issue with an old installation of PandaAAC we had a few weeks ago.
The test server will be in the next days most likely.

You can create your account and characters now. It was an issue with an old installation of PandaAAC we had a few weeks ago.
The test server will be in the next days most likely.
and how long test server?
i want the real deal :D

make the beta test High rated and high loot rate (5x) so that ppl will come and play for wars, because usually when someone announces a beta test its 10ppl online but if u frame it in a way that its a fun server to fight and war without the grind for a week or two and then its reseted then ppl might join to play, that way ppl with get familiar with the server and wanna join when the real deal starts and also will actually Test it just by playing it, two birds 1 stone

so yeah when u are ready to start the beta make a thread in advertisement for it and make it clear that its just a beta test for limited time

Last edited:
The man who does everything for money, even to ruin his own reputation and the reputation of the server is back. woohhooww

^ That's not entirely true. I said 'no' when your girlfriend offered me $100. Even I have my limits. Jokes aside, I've been gone for years. What rep are you referring to ? The stuff people make up out of nothing ?

and how long test server?
i want the real deal :D

make the beta test High rated and high loot rate (5x) so that ppl will come and play for wars, because usually when someone announces a beta test its 10ppl online but if u frame it in a way that its a fun server to fight and war without the grind for a week or two and then its reseted then ppl might join to play, that way ppl with get familiar with the server and wanna join when the real deal starts and also will actually Test it just by playing it, two birds 1 stone

so yeah when u are ready to start the beta make a thread in advertisement for it and make it clear that its just a beta test for limited time

The test server must run for a few days (maybe a week or two) in order to make sure it's ready for production, as we clearly haven't launched it yet, we need some guys to test the things and give feedback for when we are ready for production :rolleyes:

beta when?

We have discussed rates, but nothing serious has been stated yet. Personally I like medium experience rates to keep the players entertained, in the other hand Toor likes total RPG server rates, so we might end up with a combination of the two, but It's just a matter of feedback to be honest :D

in a version where u need lvl 34 and ml 40 to UE also u have wands/rods, if u dont put low rates we gonna have the problem of 90% of the ppl creating sorcerers and MUCH pks... and this fucks the rpg and kill the server fast. in my opinion this must be controlled by using the low rates.

<sorry for the bad english>

in a version where u need lvl 34 and ml 40 to UE also u have wands/rods, if u dont put low rates we gonna have the problem of 90% of the ppl creating sorcerers and MUCH pks... and this fucks the rpg and kill the server fast. in my opinion this must be controlled by using the low rates.

<sorry for the bad english>

Fortunately that's a good point indeed because it's the same exact formulas, so things might get out of control if the rates are too high, but we can always trick out around certain spells for certain balances.
It's just a matter of playing and feedback.

PHP:
use this rate!!

<?php

$rate = 3;

foreach(glob('*.mon') as $k => $v)
{
    $str = file_get_contents($v);

preg_match('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', $str, $exp);
    $old = (int)$exp[1];
    $new = round($old * $rate);
    if($old !== $new)
    {
        $str = preg_replace('/^Experience    = (\d+)/m', 'Experience    = '.$new, $str);
        file_put_contents($v, $str);
    }
}

You can replicate quests, map or respawns but i'll be very suprised if you do the same with whole cipsoft monster system. Good luck

Back