• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[The Netherlands] RealOTs 7.7 custom client. Launching soon! Playable from the USA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The server's not coming up this weekend. I doubt it'll be a 2 day notice once again.

well if he did it the first time why not do it again

I wont wait like 2+ weeks for the server... What is takeing so long?

I'm pretty confident if it's not released this weekend that it will be released next weekend.
There isn't that much that had to be fixed? the server was practically up and running.

Just hope robert and his team can fix it 100% but also not delay the launch for another month.

There is a brand-new message on the facebook page.

Any news?
- Dennis is working, and so are we. All i can say for now

So I doubt that server will be online this weekend.

Most likely it won't launch this weekend no, server itself will be up. But there are tons of important details when it comes to all different subjects.
And as I've mentioned before, we cannot risk a failure again.
Dennis promised that it would not happen again, he has been working a lot, but even he has time restrictions. He works mon-friday. He can't sit up 24/7 like many others can.
And we will not make the same mistake by rushing the launch, for example if he gets finished this friday/saturday. It'd be a stress launch again.
We already made that mistake once. And learned from it. We'll rather give it an extra week if it's required (which we believe it is as it looks today).
And make sure the launch goes well!

I personally totally understand those who gets mad over this. Unfortunately there's nothing else we can do.
Most of the work had to be done from scratch for those who wonder. Without Dennis this re-launch would probably need a months work before we could launch it again.
But thanks to him, letting us hire him to finish the job well. We'll most likely succeed this time! But no stress, we kind of fell for the pressure from the community last time, won't let that happen again.

If some of you decides that it takes to long, i understand and you must move on.
But deep down inside, I'm sure that you who really wish to play this server in a long term, can accept that it takes a extra week for example.
Just to be on the safe side.
If you ask yourself this question:
"Would I want them to rush and maybe fail again, or would I want them to give it 1~ more week to make sure launch goes well?"
Ask yourself that guys, then you can post your comments.

We're doing the best we can! And thank the Tibian Gods for Dennis offering his help all the way to the end, unlike last time he could not do that due to work.

It'll be worth it guys!
I'll post updates as time goes by.

For you who wonder about the rates.
We will higher the gold drop yes, same with spawn rate.
Loot rate itself will be somewhere around 1.2-1.4x i'd say. To keep rares rare, but gold rate will compensate that.
This is after all an OT, it's not meant to be more or less impossible to have money for wars, exping or what ever you wish to spend it on.
Or to have it fully based on your luck with rares. So gold rate increase is a really good decision in our opinion.

New navigation bar on the website! :p A little sample
http://4.ii.gl/NUgLWD.png

Take care you all!

//Robert

Last edited:
I don't mind another week of waiting, aslong as it's launched without mistakes next week.
Just take your time and make it a much better launch next week!

I don't mind another week of waiting, aslong as it's launched without mistakes next week.
Just take your time and make it a much better launch next week!

Trust me it wont take a week, my guess is 3 weeks minimum, mabye a month. and yeah ima pretty aweomsedude i know most shit

I dont mind either, Wait will be worth it in the long run.

Flame all you want. Rxrob never even got the server up running, we had everything except for houses and premium finished.
And something causing the fail at launch. We still don't know why really. Done lots of research without success. But Dennis does it this time, don't forget that he had the OT open for over 6 years. Does that not prove anything? :p

The hackers that claimed the files from 2005 just got ddosed down bigtime. Justice

Flame all you want. Rxrob never even got the server up running, we had everything except for houses and premium finished.
And something causing the fail at launch. We still don't know why really. Done lots of research without success. But Dennis does it this time, don't forget that he had the OT open for over 6 years. Does that not prove anything? :p
Lol@ people comparing RxRob to this version of RealOTS. You'll all see, I'm confident they'll make it good.

Website is looking great! :)
The hackers that claimed the files from 2005 just got ddosed down bigtime. Justice
Wasn't even DDoS'D. Was a hardware issue.

While Ezzz does a good job, you just live for shitting, give attendance to do something better to screw the community, i dont know what do you want to win with your absurd comparisons, let others do their job and do not fuck more.
Ezz alt account, oldest trick in the book
"Guys I'm done replying!"
>replys on alt account LOL my sides

Use logic instead or ur anger. Seriously.
Nymphis is known for doing the exact opposite. Not worth arguing with him tbh.

So much hate!

Ofcourse its harder to work with realots than OT files, but its not impossible. Ruuska have already stated that he have used a professional programming company to help him with editing the files, and I'm sure when the server gets up running and money starts flowing than it wont be a problem to pay a professional to do the hard stuff.

Reeeeelaaax guys, everything can't be done over night.
This 10000x. It's MUCH harder to work with, but it's POSSIBLE which is all I've been trying to get across to Ezz's 3 forum accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back